Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

10 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Dude, keep it civil. Posting a pic suggesting someone is a dumb-f**k is only going to lead to unnecessary verbal spat. 

Fine, removing it. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Lol the irony of calling someone a dumbf**k while claiming Xbox (the home to gears and halo) doesn't have shooters :rofl:

When did I say Xbox doesn't have shooters? 

Halo, Doom, Wolfenstein. 

Going forward Overwatch, COD will be xbox too. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

They own all groundbreaking shooters.

Sony cant neither buy or make ground breaking shooters. 

Sony only excels at 3rd person action games. You change camera angle and their game fails instantly lol

Sad part is I loved SOCOM & Killzone, Sony needs to revive them, especially SOCOM. They have studios who have shown their mettle with FPS games, just haven't seen any decent ones since PS3

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Same. Only interested in Crash out of the whole ActiBliz IP. 

Heck, I’ve never played CoD (I think). :fear1:

Blizzard stuff is too good. 

At least it used to be. StarCraft, Warcraft, Diablo. Perfection.

2 hours ago, AnK said:

The thing is Playstation is still being run at the lower level of just the gaming division. 

While M$ has totally taken over the decision making & strategic investments of it’s gaming division away from just the Xbox level.

Ideally Sony should have already bought Square Enix & Capcom when it saw M$,Google & Stadia advancing on cloud streaming & distribution. 

They are too late to negotiate any deal now it seems & they just don’t have the kinda money M$ does. 

Industry is undergoing consolidation. 

PlayStation and Nintendo are big brands that will unite studios under their banners. 

These should be seen as mergers instead of outright acquisition.

30 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Dude, keep it civil. Posting a pic suggesting someone is a dumb-f**k is only going to lead to unnecessary verbal spat. 

Its fine, let him sh*t talk. Little kid got triggered coz truth hurts. Lol

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

:console:

:loser:

It was supposed to be funny, but y'all bots so sensitive.

And then there's Mr.Edgeboi who can't read but will be first in line to jump to conclusions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Deja vu! I remember you posting similar sh*t for Bethesda as well. :lol:

The company I work for has also gone through a couple of acquisitions and it's never as simple as that. Far from it.

1 minute ago, TRMNTR said:

Deja vu! I remember you posting similar sh*t for Bethesda as well. :lol:

The company I work for has also gone through a couple of acquisitions and it's never as simple as that. Far from it.

Maybe the upper echelon knew. But such a crucial piece of information was not communicated to lower rungs. (Looks like it). 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Maybe the upper echelon knew. But such a crucial piece of information was not communicated to lower rungs. (Looks like it). 

Nothing is announced until its final and this is common practice to avoid insider trading amongst other things etc. So news is released to both private and public at same time.  

12 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

If you communicate the news (even assuming there won't be any layoffs) there is a likelihood of many folks leaving due to fear of change or pent up frustration finally surfacing. The info is generally kept under the wraps until it is finalized. Also, you might just have an employee leaking it to the press causing unnecessary media attention. 

There's a lot of complications around acquisitions. Other than core leadership, most folks are kept in the dark. Else, you just can't run an organization. 

Edited by l33tmaniac

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Deathloop and rumored PS exclusive bioshock 4 are third person shooters???

Deathloop is Arkane and is a PC game as well, which runs on Microsoft's OS. So stop making it as "PS exclusive" already.

And Deathloop has nothing to do with SONY except that they strike a deal with Arkane for making it PS exclusives only on console for a limited time, which in turn good for arkane as they got some more funding in the process. Eventually it will come on xbox as well. It's like EPIC games exclusivity for a year as an example.

Anyway I'm surprised as you defend Sony's honour all the time and couldn't invoke BLACK or KILLZONE series as amazing exclusive first person on Playstation family when FPS argument broke in...

Are you sure you are doing fanboism right?:lol:

2 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Anyway I'm surprised as you defend Sony's honour all the time and couldn't invoke BLACK or KILLZONE series as amazing exclusive first person on Playstation family when FPS argument broke in...

Will obviously refer to killzone when it gets revived. I was referring to the games we have information about (bioshock 4 which is under production, most prolly a ps5 exclusive), or have already launched (deathloop). 

Also, 

We have talked umpteen times before about how deathloop was way deep in development for the ps5 before the acquisition. I'm pretty sure Sony played a significant role in its development cycle. The reason they launched it as a ps console exclusive. 

42 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

You think listed companies just toss around price sensitive information willy nilly to every tom dick and harry. 

Mergers and Acquisitions are bound by strict NDAs and are only known on need to know basis. 

The person who has tweeted this is an idiot.