Jump to content

Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, roun90 said:

 

 

Not to mention - TV shows are also there. Many times better quality than movies. These days, they are also competing on the CG and Budget expenditure with movies (Look at Wheel of Time for example, though that show was quite bad).

 

 

Too many otts- torrent sites thrive again! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Anyway, don't know why you guys are acting like Netflix is the only OTT out there. Netflix is far better as a licensor than as a producer. But almost every production house has it's own OTT these days (Or are in a pipe-line to launch). Big budget movies will come there.

 

Big budget movies are actually moving out now that theatres are opening again, like HBO Max stuff. Because they know where the real money still is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

 

I know Irishman gets brought up a lot, but Netflix made like 500+ movies. And every time people talk about quality, its always Irishman. Its like the only movie they ever made :lol: 

 

Obviously.

This likely to be last movie for Scorsese, for Bob De Nero and Joe Pesci.

Its being made for Netflix is super big deal....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

 

Big budget movies are actually moving out now that theatres are opening again, like HBO Max stuff. Because they know where the real money still is.

 

Don;t know how long that will last. Omicron has decimated US again. China has closed theaters I think (Not sure - heard they imposed strict lockdowns again). EU countries also planning lockdowns again last I heard. India is chugging along, but for how long I don't know (Not to mention, theater movies don't make as much - especially not since Omicron). Those are the big markets AFAIK. I don't know how long they can sustain Theater productions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Right said:

 

Obviously.

This likely to be last movie for Scorsese, for Bob De Nero and Joe Pesci.

Its being made for Netflix is super big deal....

 

Scorcese has already started on his next project. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like Sam said the Market's big and there's room for everyone . 

Also those worried about Sony - stop worrying . The stock is already up 5% and will soon recover all its losses and make fresh highs soon . Sony is still the bigger fish and will continue to be so for this gen as well . The true effect of all these acquisitions and games on a subscription/service model will only be felt 3/4 years down the line . And pretty sure big company like Sony will find a way to grow (and not just survive) in coming years.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, AnK said:


First & Foremost Sony was not alone on increasing the price from $60 to $70. 
It was a consortium which had Acti,EA,2K & others in it. 
 

Just like almost two decades ago it was increased from $50 to $60….

in reference you can go & check the inflation on other media prices like movie tickets & music cost in the gap of last 2 decades.

You’ll be surprised to know that on a percentage level games price has no where near inflated as others. 
 

Secondly charging $10 for a native port upgrade is not really something that is an “increase” rather it is a “decrease” as earlier gen (M$ included) everyone used to charge full price. 


& thirdly these references & examples are moot & dud & no where near to what M$ tried to pull off when it was in position of power. 
They f**ckin tried to put an unwanted camera device in your living/bedroom & wanted full control of your physically owned media. 
 

If you think I’m being irrational here then yeah..lol

fanboy glasses suit you well. 


you can try justifying all you want… fanboys on other side will also justify how  increased gamepass prices are good…with inflation and all and how much we are getting for our money and what not.. 


And come on man.. Tsushima’s 10$ upgrade pack was f**k all…even puny developers are offering free upgrades… 

maybe PC developers will start charging extra for ultra graphical setting soon.. 

 

I have No doubt MS will turn scummy if they reach a dominant position… 

They care about profits above all else.. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Like Sam said the Market's big and there's room for everyone . 

Also those worried about Sony - stop worrying . The stock is already up 5% and will soon recover all its losses and make fresh highs soon . Sony is still the bigger fish and will continue to be so for this gen as well . The true effect of all these acquisitions and games on a subscription/service model will only be felt 3/4 years down the line . And pretty sure big company like Sony will find a way to grow (and not just survive) in coming years.


Lolz ya….Sony is still bigger than Xbox…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read in the news that Sony stock fell almost 13% post the news breaking out. Biggest fall since 2008, 13% is huge for a stable organization like Sony. The investors are seriously scared it seems. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Lol Netflix quality movies are dumpster fire, especially the sci-fi stuff. In fact, I don't remember the last time I enjoyed a Netflix produced movie. Maybe Trial of Chicago or Don't Look Up.

Yeah man , did not find anything new on netflix (Movies wise) , they are dropping ball on the quality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Yeah man , did not find anything new on netflix (Movies wise) , they are dropping ball on the quality.

 

 

Hope you don't say the same about another sub service in 2024.  :p 

Edited by radicaldude
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Like Sam said the Market's big and there's room for everyone . 

Also those worried about Sony - stop worrying . The stock is already up 5% and will soon recover all its losses and make fresh highs soon . Sony is still the bigger fish and will continue to be so for this gen as well . The true effect of all these acquisitions and games on a subscription/service model will only be felt 3/4 years down the line . And pretty sure big company like Sony will find a way to grow (and not just survive) in coming years.

Sony still has some pretty famous IP's . God of war, Horizon , Ghost , Spiderman, they are getting wolverine. If the games have quality people will pay the 60$ (For now) . but if xbox comes with similar quality single player games (Which they might 3-4 years down the lin) then it would be a different game . Until then CHILL . 

9 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

I read in the news that Sony stock fell almost 13% post the news breaking out. Biggest fall since 2008, 13% is huge for a stable organization like Sony. The investors are seriously scared it seems. 

Retailers are dumb , they reacted to something without knowing the actual affect . Stock up again 6% this keeps happening in the market.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you want to use the Netflix analogy, what we should really care about is that irrespective of the platform (purchase, subscription, stream), the types of films and shows that were being made 20 years ago (from big budget to indie to niche sub-genres) are still being made today. So even if gaming goes the subscription and/or streaming way, we'll still get the types of games we enjoy enjoy. Isn't that what matters?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

 

Retailers are dumb , they reacted to something without knowing the actual affect . Stock up again 6% this keeps happening in the market.

13% is way too steep for just dumb retailers to make that much move, especially since Sony is a bluechip stock and not some meme stock like GameSpot. 

 

Anyway Sony is already on the right direction in terms of getting their games on PC and hopefully launching something similar to gamepass soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

If you want to use the Netflix analogy, what we should really care about is that irrespective of the platform (purchase, subscription, stream), the types of films and shows that were being made 20 years ago (from big budget to indie to niche sub-genres) are still being made today. So even if gaming goes the subscription and/or streaming way, we'll still get the types of games we enjoy enjoy. Isn't that what matters?

 

I'm not sure about that, like how this guys explains it.

 

 

Its No Way Home on one end, and garbage like Red Notice on other end, and a big gap in between.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

If you want to use the Netflix analogy, what we should really care about is that irrespective of the platform (purchase, subscription, stream), the types of films and shows that were being made 20 years ago (from big budget to indie to niche sub-genres) are still being made today. So even if gaming goes the subscription and/or streaming way, we'll still get the types of games we enjoy enjoy. Isn't that what matters?

Yup, Just like how Netflix will co-exist with Block buster Theatrical releases,   Subscription Games will co-exist with general 60-70$ games 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Yup, Just like how Netflix will co-exist with Block buster Theatrical releases,   Subscription Games will co-exist with general 60-70$ games 

That’s for sure. However theatres have advantages which is a big audience feel and a large screen with some customizations like 4D and IMAX. That’s an experience you won’t get at home. And it also provide additional revenues. In game and movie subscriptions, the revenues are limited to a percentage per contracts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know what , premium TV content even existed before Netflix.

 

It’s just that the medium has changed from cable to internet streaming.

 

This actually has no correlation to high budget AAA movies.

 

It’s just the basic math that’s play at here,movies of that sort never dreamt of releasing direct to cable no matter how huge the number of subscribers or “pay per views” was. 
 

& no one tried to buy mega production houses & put them to work on releasing movies on its channel/subscription service either.

(not before the Pandemic & closing of theatres) 

 

So yeah what M$ is trying to do is not really something done before,even if you compare it to Movies. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

 

I'm not sure about that, like how this guys explains it.

 

 

Its No Way Home on one end, and garbage like Red Notice on other end, and a big gap in between.

It's an interesting point. But also, like he says, those films don't get made anymore because the people who want to watch them are either not many, or they don't support those very films. There will continue to be Marvel films and shows like Game of Thrones, which are massive in budget, scale and fandom. That hasn't changed because of streaming or subscriptions. Also, he uses production budgets to make his point. But CG has made production cheaper, so they're now able to achieve a lot more by spending a lot less. Spending less to make a film doesn't mean that sort of film isn't getting made anymore.

 

Look at the quality of Indian content on Netflix/Prime. It's miles ahead of anything we saw on Indian TV. When you don't have to go through the traditional studio setup and fundraising process, it can also be a good thing. Doubly so for games. There are more indie game developers than ever before, because as Game Pass evolves, there will also be many ways for indie developers to keep putting their games out and be discovered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...