Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

Lmao he is just saying that to come across as the “good guy” who will save gaming from “bad guys”. 

The same Iron Man/Thanos yin/yang that his shills are yabbing about. 

They don’t want to displease the Nintendo+Playstation consumers straight away. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/01/20/xbox-activision-blizzard-phil-spencer/

Xbox CEO Phil Spencer on reviving old Activision games as Microsoft positions itself as tech’s gaming company

“I had a meeting today with the 'Elder Scrolls Online' team and we did our leadership team [meeting] in game. That's as much of a Zoom call as anything else!"

asle gamer uncle Phil :rofl:

That should clear the air quite a lot. CoD is staying. Others, only till the agreements allow.

I guess MS is looking at CoD as how they approached Minecraft. Such a huge IP, that they're letting it be playable on as many platforms as possible.

4 hours ago, PlainDosa said:

Typical corporate speak (intent to honour, desire to keep). This tweet can be construed in multiple ways. They can’t say much until the deal goes through else the acquisition might be questioned and blocked by Congress. 

Edit: Also, Sony might already have long term deals with Acti for major franchises like COD, so it’s not like MS has an option anyway. 

Interesting times !

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

In discussing some of the intellectual properties owned by Activision Blizzard, Spencer’s excitement may have mirrored the enthusiasm of a “StarCraft” player noticing the long-dormant franchise’s logo in Microsoft’s acquisition announcement.

“I was looking at the IP list, I mean, let’s go!” Spencer said. “ ‘King’s Quest,’ ‘Guitar Hero,’ … I should know this but I think they got ‘HeXen.’ ”

“We’re hoping that we’ll be able to work with them when the deal closes to make sure we have resources to work on franchises that I love from my childhood, and that the teams really want to get,” Spencer said. “I’m looking forward to these conversations. I really think it’s about adding resources and increasing capability.”

7 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Main point of concern is workers harassment so this deal will go through easily. Ms would do a much better job at all this than A/B ,i doubt they would block it and make the workers leave the jobs or keep getting harassed.

Earlier yesterday Sony issued a statement that it “expects M$ to honour all existing deals” & Now M$ is issuing statements confirming it’s intent to keep COD on PS as it’s an essential part of the franchise. 

Makes one wonder if Sony already had a marketing deal on COD well beyond 2025. 

Even if COD goes exclusive in 2026 or beyond that would almost mean at the end of this console generation & hardly put any dent on Sony in foreseeable future. 

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

Earlier yesterday Sony issued a statement that it “expects M$ to honour all existing deals” & Now M$ is issuing statements confirming it’s intent to keep COD on PS as it’s an essential part of the franchise. 

Makes one wonder if Sony already had a marketing deal on COD well beyond 2025. 

Even if COD goes exclusive in 2026 or beyond that would almost mean at the end of this console generation & hardly put any dent on Sony in foreseeable future. 

If a game is $70 on ps5 and comes on game pass day 1, it's a pseudo exclusive. New buyers will be enticed to get an xbox. It makes sense considering they don't have enough xboxes to supply