Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

28 minutes ago, AnK said:

Earlier yesterday Sony issued a statement that it “expects M$ to honour all existing deals” & Now M$ is issuing statements confirming it’s intent to keep COD on PS as it’s an essential part of the franchise. 

Makes one wonder if Sony already had a marketing deal on COD well beyond 2025. 

Even if COD goes exclusive in 2026 or beyond that would almost mean at the end of this console generation & hardly put any dent on Sony in foreseeable future. 

Yes. I was thinking the same. 

Maybe, just maybe 

Microsoft is gearing up to be a big publisher down the line. Won't be surprised if they buy out some movie/tv studios as well to produce shows/movies in tandem with their games in the near future.

Expecting new IP’s from Activision & that too now that it’s under M$ :rofl: 

Just imagine. :lol: 

Langoor kai mu mai angoor toh dekha tha (Bethesda deal),

Yeh toh Langoor ki godh mai langoor dekhne ko milega :rofl: 

35 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

If a game is $70 on ps5 and comes on game pass day 1, it's a pseudo exclusive. New buyers will be enticed to get an xbox. It makes sense considering they don't have enough xboxes to supply 

Yup ,Ivg’s favourite console series S will fly of the shelf even faster during the holiday season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Yes. I was thinking the same. 

Maybe, just maybe 

Microsoft is gearing up to be a big publisher down the line. Won't be surprised if they buy out some movie/tv studios as well to produce shows/movies in tandem with their games in the near future.

Microsoft won’t ditch Xbox console unless cloud streaming has enough foothold. 
They have invested just too much on GamesPass & I don’t think Sony or Nintendo will ever allow that service to show up on their hardware. 

Sony & Nintendo make money the traditional way & Gamespass screws that up big time. 
It teaches it’s subscriber not to buy games at all & just fills their time up with content they mostly wouldn’t have bothered with otherwise. 

Once you have years of this sort of training,it’ll be really hard for even M$ to get some revenue out of their wallets. 
Kinda like third world PSone,PS2 days where a pirated copy was available for 50-200 bucks. 

It was really hard for us to imagine pay 2-3k for a single game after that & ppl didn’t do that until they realised they can resell/trade. 
Most just went ahem on PC & others just FIFA,COD,Other MP players. 

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

Sony & Nintendo make money the traditional way & Gamespass screws that up big time. 
It teaches it’s subscriber not to buy games at all & just fills their time up with content they mostly wouldn’t have bothered with otherwise. 

:loser:

Back to all games on gamepass are utter sh*t. Just go and check the meta of games added to gamepass this month alone. 

41 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

If a game is $70 on ps5 and comes on game pass day 1, it's a pseudo exclusive. New buyers will be enticed to get an xbox. It makes sense considering they don't have enough xboxes to supply 

I explained it already in the other thread. 
I will buy Xbox because of this.

But majority of the COD crowd,the kinda you don’t see on IVG….are yearly subscribers of that game.

They don’t care about other stuff & specially not something like Starfield or Hitman.

They play COD,FIFA,Fortnight all the time & just GTA,GOW,Uncharted (& now Spider-Man) whenever new one is out. 

They won’t bother with another console coz of GamesPass.

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

But majority of the COD crowd,the kinda you don’t see on IVG….are yearly subscribers of that game.

They don’t care about other stuff & specially not something like Starfield or Hitman.

They play COD,FIFA,Fortnight all the time & just GTA,GOW,Uncharted (& now Spider-Man) whenever new one is out. 

Maybe they will once they get an xbox to play cod and see 400 other games available. 

12 minutes ago, AnK said:

They would still need to depend on ps for those games. 

I think ps has to now invest heavily to develop a cod killer, both in SP and MP space. Apart from more blockbusters. 

Also, for fifa, strike exclusive deals with  EA asap

Edited by radicaldude

8 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

:loser:

Arrey bhai why do you get all offended & stuff :rofl: 

Things speak for itself. 

If GamesPass is truly magical & life changing event after COD starts showing up on it. 
& Even Sony’s subscription strategy fails…it will start reflecting on the sales numbers. 

So far there has been a constant 6m gap between PS5 & X/S 

If that gap gets wider or XB starts doing better will be a direct indication.

Pata chal jayega bhai Dheeraj rakh :rofl: 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

Things speak for itself. 

If GamesPass is truly magical & life changing event after COD starts showing up on it. 
& Even Sony’s subscription strategy fails…it will start reflecting on the sales numbers. 

So far there has been a constant 6m gap between PS5 & X/S 

The gap would only widen in a month's time. 2022 is the beginning of the dominance of ps5 (till we get concrete info on new xbox games) 

Just now, radicaldude said:

The gap would only widen in a month's time. 2022 is the beginning of the dominance of ps5 (till we get concrete info on new xbox games) 

Our genius in house predictors think that 18m PS5 already sold & the strong line up of games (leading to more sales) into 2023 when finally COD drops on GP would ditch their consoles & buy SX (which is not even available in comparison to SS) in a heartbeat :rofl: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AnK said:

Things speak for itself. 

So far their has been a constant 6m gap between PS5 & X/S 

XS is quickly closing in the gap. It's gone from half of PS to 2/3. Besides that, it's supply constrained so it's not really a fair comparison anyways.

My point is more about you saying gamepass is entirely made of games people otherwise won't play. This is patently false when there are multiple highly rated games added each month. This month alone we got Mass Effect LE, Death's Door, Hitman Trilogy and Windjammers 2. These are games I would have paid for which I can now play without doing so.

Your implication that any game coming on a sub isn't worth the time is what I take issue.

I don't care if XSX outsells PS or the other way round. I do love the resultant meltdown however. So please, go ahead with your meltdown.

Why do you think I’m talking about you?!? :lol: 

Enjoy your ME bro 

great game I started almost 2 decades ago & concluded a decade ago. 

Edited by AnK
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

Our genius in house predictors think that 18m PS5 already sold & the strong line up of games (leading to more sales) into 2023 when finally COD drops on GP would ditch their consoles & buy SX (which is not even available in comparison to SS) in a heartbeat :rofl: 

18 million is just a guesstimate so it could be higher. Wait till their earning reports coming next month. 

My 2 cents

Sony stressing on them honoring contracts for sure isn't about keeping COD on PS or not. It is surely about keeping the YEARLY COD first on PS (may be DLCs?) and pretty sure they would have also mentioned about COD NOT being kept on Gamepass.  

And they might have also sealed the contracts for this PS5 gen. COD is such a cash cow for sony that they will not be doing the contract renewals yearly.

So i wouldn't be surprised one bit if COD doesn't come to Gamepass (forget about day1). 

1 minute ago, Pacifier said:

My 2 cents

Sony stressing on them honoring contracts for sure isn't about keeping COD on PS or not. It is surely about keeping the YEARLY COD first on PS (may be DLCs?) and pretty sure they would have also mentioned about COD NOT being kept on Gamepass.  

And they might have also sealed the contracts for this PS5 gen. COD is such a cash cow for sony that they will not be doing the contract renewals yearly.

So i wouldn't be surprised one bit if COD doesn't come to Gamepass (forget about day1). 

Yeah i was wondering the same. 

Has spender mentioned anything about CoD being day 1 on GP. ? 

I think M$ is done with console vs console child's play. They are focusing on more towards the services, content, owning half of the gaming industry even. In a way, they are becoming mighty serious about 'gaming for all' slogan. Generalizing gaming. Which is actually a mammoth goal tbh and they are in the right track with what they are doing. Gamepass is future. Like how spotify gobbled up the whole music industry, and no majority numbers of artists are unhappy with that. Likewise, Gamepass would be great for game industry as well.

Their console will still be there, but just as a cheaper (compared to PC) access point of their service. They will be in a league on their own and in future these Xbox vs Playstation arguments will pretty much die. You can resist the concept as much as you want, it's basic human nature to resist big changes anyway.

• Like 3

& from movies we got to go compare AAA games business with Music industry :rofl: 

without giving two f**k about the cost of production : the demographic involved ratio. :rofl: 

Matlab saari maths gayi bhaad mai 

humme free games chahiye bas toh hum kuchh bhi bolenge :lol: 

Edited by AnK
  • Haha 1