Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

My 2 cents

Sony stressing on them honoring contracts for sure isn't about keeping COD on PS or not. It is surely about keeping the YEARLY COD first on PS (may be DLCs?) and pretty sure they would have also mentioned about COD NOT being kept on Gamepass.  

And they might have also sealed the contracts for this PS5 gen. COD is such a cash cow for sony that they will not be doing the contract renewals yearly.

So i wouldn't be surprised one bit if COD doesn't come to Gamepass (forget about day1). 

1 minute ago, Pacifier said:

My 2 cents

Sony stressing on them honoring contracts for sure isn't about keeping COD on PS or not. It is surely about keeping the YEARLY COD first on PS (may be DLCs?) and pretty sure they would have also mentioned about COD NOT being kept on Gamepass.  

And they might have also sealed the contracts for this PS5 gen. COD is such a cash cow for sony that they will not be doing the contract renewals yearly.

So i wouldn't be surprised one bit if COD doesn't come to Gamepass (forget about day1). 

Yeah i was wondering the same. 

Has spender mentioned anything about CoD being day 1 on GP. ? 

I think M$ is done with console vs console child's play. They are focusing on more towards the services, content, owning half of the gaming industry even. In a way, they are becoming mighty serious about 'gaming for all' slogan. Generalizing gaming. Which is actually a mammoth goal tbh and they are in the right track with what they are doing. Gamepass is future. Like how spotify gobbled up the whole music industry, and no majority numbers of artists are unhappy with that. Likewise, Gamepass would be great for game industry as well.

Their console will still be there, but just as a cheaper (compared to PC) access point of their service. They will be in a league on their own and in future these Xbox vs Playstation arguments will pretty much die. You can resist the concept as much as you want, it's basic human nature to resist big changes anyway.

• Like 3

& from movies we got to go compare AAA games business with Music industry :rofl: 

without giving two f**k about the cost of production : the demographic involved ratio. :rofl: 

Matlab saari maths gayi bhaad mai 

humme free games chahiye bas toh hum kuchh bhi bolenge :lol: 

Edited by AnK
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

I think M$ is done with console vs console child's play. They are focusing on more towards the services, content, owning half of the gaming industry even. In a way, they are becoming mighty serious about 'gaming for all' slogan. Generalizing gaming. Which is actually a mammoth goal tbh and they are in the right track with what they are doing. Gamepass is future. Like how spotify gobbled up the whole music industry, and no majority numbers of artists are unhappy with that. Likewise, Gamepass would be great for game industry as well.

Their console will still be there, but just as a cheaper (compared to PC) access point of their service. They will be in a league on their own and in future these Xbox vs Playstation arguments will pretty much die. You can resist the concept as much as you want, it's basic human nature to resist big changes anyway.

All their actions doesn't support this. for ex. Starfield/ES moved out of PS ecosystem. So they are still in the console vs console play. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Gaming for all==  games being available on all major platforms== company becomes a publisher, like Sega (it's just that the "Sega" we are talking about here is loaded with cash). 

Majorly service... cloud gaming etc. 

Would be able to play games from phones...etc.

18 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

royal rumble wrestling GIF by WWE

35 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

My 2 cents

It will but not this year. Once deal closed then it will come 100%.

It will be huge boost for game pass. 

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

They would still need to depend on ps for those games. 

I think ps has to now invest heavily to develop a cod killer, both in SP and MP space. Apart from more blockbusters. 

Also, for fifa, strike exclusive deals with  EA asap

Which will come first Sony developing a good shooter or you buying PS5? 

:P

Sony’s whole business is build on console exclusives.. and now ponies are afraid of exclusivity…what did you guys expect? 
You can’t make this stuff up :rofl:

anyways it’s only sh*t COD…which ain’t going to be exclusive I think but who knows

Atleast xbox games are now on pc and eventually the cloud (if that works ok).. so you can play them even without owning an xbox.. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nobody on the forum gave a sh*t about CoD until MS bought Acti. Now suddenly ALL posts are about CoD. :rofl:

That’s because COD is a major money maker for both Activision and Playstation. Hence it is a big debate.

Edited by Mysteryman

3 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

That’s because COD is a major money maker for both Activision and Playstation. Hence it is a big debate.

Not a debate, it's speculation. Debate is when you present factual arguments. Speculation is when no one knows anything and opinions are presented as facts. 

The only confirmed bit is MS will honour all current licensing agreements. Nobody has any clue on what will happen afterwards, but this thread is simply 30 pages of pure CoD speculation on when will it go off PS. 

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Not a debate, it's speculation. Debate is when you present factual arguments. Speculation is when no one knows anything and opinions are presented as facts. 

The only confirmed bit is MS will honour all current licensing agreements. Nobody has any clue on what will happen afterwards, but this thread is simply 30 pages of pure CoD speculation on when will it go off PS. 

Yeah, that is basically what most forums threads and discussion are about. When there are no information or facts available, we speculate about the future or share opinions or debate. It’s like the stock market. 

Besides It’s always nice to see a lot of discussion in this forum that is rare these days so I don’t mind it. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

If a game is $70 on ps5 and comes on game pass day 1, it's a pseudo exclusive. New buyers will be enticed to get an xbox. It makes sense considering they don't have enough xboxes to supply 

12 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Lol...."pseudo-exclusive", the things xc*x come up with :roflroll:

Interesting method to call me an xcuck and avoid a ban. Let's see if it works out. 

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

All their actions doesn't support this. Starfield/ES moved out of PS ecosystem. So they are still in the console vs console play. 

Tbh, any company with a modicum of self respect will make their games excusive to their platform after buying such a big studio. 

Edited by Vamos