Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

7 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Tbh, any company with a modicum of self respect will make their games excusive to their platform after buying such a big studio. 

Tbh,a company like M$ could have done something like this long time ago if respect & ego was an issue.

They didn't for a reason.

Hell they didn't even invest in smalltime studios till 2018-19.

The way things are going suddenly obviously has implication that it's not about the console wars.

8 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Tbh, any company with a modicum of self respect will make their games excusive to their platform after buying such a big studio. 

Not saying its a bad thing. Just saying they are not done with console gaming yet as he pointed out. Until Cloud gaming becomes mainstream * (not that AAA multiplayer games will be primarily played on this) , this(console exclusive) will always be their fall back option.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Vamos said:

MS did this with Minecraft too.

Would be just a waste to take away COD from PS.

If they just want console sales, a couple of expertly crafted Starfield type games would do much better job. 

COD is popular but it doesn't create hype, which is what you need to sell consoles 

2 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

MS did this with Minecraft too.

Would be just a waste to take away COD from PS.

If they just want console sales, a couple of expertly crafted Starfield type games would do much better job. 

COD is popular but it doesn't create hype, which is what you need to sell consoles 

Yeah, Starfield was incredible. One of the best games ever made, couple of those and Sony will shut their gaming division. 

• Haha 1

Everyone is talking about how all FPS gamers are now with Microsoft. I think a lot of people forgot that there is another category of games which MS now owns completely. Real time strategy games.

They now have Starcraft, Warcraft, Age Of Empires, Age Of Mythology, Rise Of Nations, Halo Wars. They literally own this genre now. Except for company of heros I don't know a single game with a significant marketshare which is not part of MS now. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

My man that's an 'o' there.

24 minutes ago, AnK said:

Hey let's not abuse each oth....

....oh it's him,pls be my guest.

Lol classic strategy of inciting others and getting them banned for some basic sh*t. Last time I was banned for calling phantomshade a cartoon.

Huge small brain moves which work because someone got a bone to pick.

Edited by Mr. Comingle

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nobody on the forum gave a sh*t about CoD until MS bought Acti. Now suddenly ALL posts are about CoD. :rofl:

Exactly :D Dont care about COD, Acti/Blizzard games at all...dont care about Bethesda too.

Spoiler

And..and Doom and The Evil within...ya, dont care about them too. 2zfbkb0kygf51.jpg

Edited by Bauji

5 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Yeah, Starfield was incredible. One of the best games ever made, couple of those and Sony will shut their gaming division. 

Starfield is looking like a system seller. 

Series consoles are selling great, but currently are catering to core xbox audience. (Halo + Forza). 

If Starfield comes out with good reviews, there will be a frenzy to get em. 

Always has been this way. COD exclusivity will cause more harm than good. Most casuals would be surprised their PS can't play latest version. Arm twisting them towards xbox might not work.

Just now, Bauji said:

Exactly :D Dont care about COD, Acti/Blizzard games at all...dont care about Bethesda too.

Reveal hidden contents

And..and Doom and The Evil within...ya, dont care about them too.

Agreed, last 10 years I've only played cod games that were on PS+. 

Personally, Bethesda hurt a lot more than this, gonna miss Wolfy and Doom. Fingers crossed xCloud come through by then. 

14 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Everyone is talking about how all FPS gamers are now with Microsoft. I think a lot of people forgot that there is another category of games which MS now owns completely. Real time strategy games.

They now have Starcraft, Warcraft, Age Of Empires, Age Of Mythology, Rise Of Nations, Halo Wars. They literally own this genre now. Except for company of heros I don't know a single game with a significant marketshare which is not part of MS now. 

Western RPGs too.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Lol classic strategy of inciting others and getting them banned for some basic sh*t. Last time I was banned for calling phantomshade a

Huge small brain moves which work because KC got a bone to pick.

Says the guy who tries to pick a fight with everyone & then plays the victim card.

Keep at it and you might not even last that long over here. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Starfield is looking like a system seller. 

Series consoles are selling great, but currently are catering to core xbox audience. (Halo + Forza). 

If Starfield comes out with good reviews, there will be a frenzy to get em. 

Always has been this way. COD exclusivity will cause more harm than good. Most casuals would be surprised their PS can't play latest version. Arm twisting them towards xbox might not work.

I'm all for being optimistic. But what have we seen from Starfield to call it system seller.

'Expertly crafted' is way too early, let's not forget they also made FO76. 

Nobody on the forum gave a sh*t about CoD until MS bought Acti. Now suddenly ALL posts are about CoD. :rofl:

Yup dont cared about COD after Cold war and Vanguard , but if they make a sequel to MW 2019 and is properly polished then we are talking.

Another game i played and have huge playtime on is OVERWATCH. and guess what they basically killed that too , and over watch 2 isnt looking any good. dont care about rest of activision stuff, dont know all the fuss is about.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It can fill the titanfall sized hole in scamgang

Also Off-topic but i want titanfall 3 man. I got 2 on pc played a good amount but had to drop becuase huge wait times because of low player count. 

COD was the best online game during PS360 era.

PS4 it was good time pass up until BO3. 
After that I stopped buying & bought just BO4 to see how the transition to battle Royal works. 

It was good too & I would have stuck around if I didn’t had to leave gaming & then online gaming altogether. 

Now when I see COD I see only Warzone.

MW reboot was good campaign I hear but I don’t think that rinse repeat will work too long. 

COD needed a desperate break anyway & the downhill trend even in sales following Vanguard is pretty indicative of that. 

3 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Says the guy who tries to pick a fight with everyone & then plays the victim card.

Keep at it and you might not even last that long over here. 

Great unbiased opinion :roflroll:

The last bastion of fair moderation.

It's like FIFA. Yearly game that doesn't get much traction here but is one of the most played games in India. Till a few years ago WWE games were the best selling games in India but hardly anyone talks about it. 

6 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Only PC gaming community appreciate the strategy games, alot. 

You talking about strategy games in a forum where console gamers are dominant and specially most people plays on playstation. Their concerns are more into console vs console and general games or 30fps quality or variable 60 fps performance mode for games.

I see little talk of Strategy, MOBA, MMO, Competitive fps (read: Valorant, Apex, CS) here. It's not like this forum doesn't have people who plays them, but I think majority aren't that. Check out GamerConnect on FB, that community is huge and consists of huge number of PC and multiplat gamers.