Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

9 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Fearful is an understatement. Jim is probably hiding under his bed weeping and calling Square and Capcom to please let them be acquired by Sony. 

• Haha 1

Just now, TRMNTR said:

WTF?! Dude, I was just conversing with you and you chose to reply with that. Ok.

Ok, my bad. Thought you were also asking the mods to ban me, like that lord guy.

6 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

hate to ban as well but some people just keep pushing over and over again while so do listen. It just gets so annoying that you are better off banning than dealing with that shite daily. It also makes the forum less engaging. You can see the activity drop in game threads. So many users have stopped posting because of a few users who will continue to do the same thing and keep baiting. I can see them reading and liking but won't comment much. Even spoke to a few and their response was simply "no point as it always ends the same". I don't blame them at all. If everyone is going to keep fighting/baiting/childish the forum will end up with just 3-4 members in game threads. Have fun then I guess.

Forum grows with community and moderation is voluntary. No staff is here to warn or ban people or want them gone. We even slide so many reports daily because they are childish and hope it won't come again. We want people to stay, engage in the topic, speak their minds without getting personal but if you can't do that then don't. Some banter is okay but there is no reason you have to take part in every thread and spoil it. 

You are such a good mod :good:

2 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

For me MS owning Warcraft, Diablo & Starcraft is huge.

Am hoping we get a new Warcraft RTS game. Reign of Chaos is one of all time favorite. Shame they stopped making more and fully moved to WoW. 🥱

Can't justify monthly fee for WoW. So dated and boring. They should add that WoW sub to GP or get rid of it. 

Diablo IV maybe in good management. I want this game to be good. 

4 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Lolz .. he’s been extremely salty since the acquisition news broke …

I wonder why? 😅

Calling out something nonsensical got one guy triggered.

If I was salty, I would be for Doom and Wolfy, not for this, haven't paid for cod since ages and played only when it was free.

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Diablo IV maybe in good management. I want this game to be good. 

Amen. Diablo IV is the only title I'm looking forward to from that stable. Played a lot of D3 on the Xbone.

CoD is an added bonus, that may replace the gap that Titanfall has left.

9 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Traditional RTS genre feels like its dead. Now its MoBA and little bit of 4X stuff. 

4x is okay but I don't want MOBA. 😴 Never got into LoL/DOTA and those games get way too toxic to enjoy. 

1 minute ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Amen. Diablo IV is the only title I'm looking forward to from that stable. Played a lot of D3 on the Xbone.

Same. Loved D3 despite all the issues. So much fun and so smooth to play. I even got it on PS4 to try and was surprised how well it was done for controller. 

CoD is an added bonus, that may replace the gap that Titanfall has left.

CoD big $$$ name but they got even better games in the deal. I'll happily take new Warcraft, Diablo, Overwatch, Starcraft, Crash, Spyro, etc,. There is so much more than just CoD in the deal. And if they put everything in GP? That's huge. 

41 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

I hate to ban as well but some people just keep pushing over and over again while so do listen. It just gets so annoying that you are better off banning than dealing with that shite daily. It also makes the forum less engaging. You can see the activity drop in game threads. So many users have stopped posting because of a few users who will continue to do the same thing and keep baiting. I can see them reading and liking but won't comment much. Even spoke to a few and their response was simply "no point as it always ends the same". I don't blame them at all. If everyone is going to keep fighting/baiting/childish the forum will end up with just 3-4 members in game threads. Have fun then I guess.

Forum grows with community and moderation is voluntary. No staff is here to warn or ban people or want them gone. We even slide so many reports daily because they are childish and hope it won't come again. We want people to stay, engage in the topic, speak their minds without getting personal but if you can't do that then don't. Some banter is okay but there is no reason you have to take part in every thread and spoil it. 

Don't know why this thread has taken so many turns and got personal. Activision or Microsoft or any company isn't going to pay you nor is your friend. They are doing their business and will continue to do so. Do you really think they didn't do their research before announcing or didn't have meetings over weeks/months? Delusion if you think otherwise. People just want games and want to play them. MS/GP users are happy because they can finally play the damn CoD SP without shelling $60 yearly. The rest is just a good bonus. 😌 They may increase the GP price in future but it hasn't happened yet. So am not going to break my head thinking about what will happen to my existing 3 year GP sub... 

Agreed. Many regulars have stopped posting now. 

It's become pretty toxic now and I realise I'm also a part of it. 

From now, I won't be engaging in console wars. 

Personal suggestion is to nuke the ps v xbox thread. It only facilitates fighting and spills over to other threads. 

Essays are being written about how the forum is a big community of like minded members and everyone should be encouraged to speak their minds. 

However i guess such rules are not universal. Maybe those rules apply, only if you belong to a certain, club. 

It's understandable that members should not crap every thread and post personal opinions. We have a dedicated thread for that. A thread where you can post your opinions on topics related to gaming, unencumbered (without getting personal ofcourse). 

However, even if you adhere to those rules, but don't belong to the "club" mentioned in point 2, i guess you are still vulnerable to ad hominem by "admin" and also get threatened to be banned. 

Screenshot-20220121-173438408-1.jpg

Screenshot-20220121-172312093-1.jpg

Some members bait- childish

Others bait- they become "pathetic persons" :rofl:

Xbox winning itself is an opinion with no factual basis, and thus can be construed as a "bait" in itself. 

The bias is so palpable, you can literally cut it with a knife!! 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Essays are being written about how the forum is a big community of like minded members and everyone should be encouraged to speak their minds. 

However i guess such rules are not universal. Maybe those rules apply, only if you belong to a certain, club. 

It's understandable that members should not crap every thread and post personal opinions. We have a dedicated thread for that. A thread where you can post your opinions on topics related to gaming, unencumbered (without getting personal ofcourse). 

However, even if you adhere to those rules, but don't belong to the "club" mentioned in point 2, i guess you are still vulnerable to ad hominem by "admin" and also get threatened to be banned. 

Screenshot-20220121-173438408-1.jpg

Screenshot-20220121-172312093-1.jpg

Some members bait- childish

Others bait- they become "pathetic persons" :rofl:

Xbox winning itself is an opinion with no factual basis, and thus can be construed as a "bait" in itself. 

The bias is so palpable, you can literally cut it with a knife!! 

Tldr? 

seriously, this is very long 

Console war is over 

plain & simple. 

Expecting Sony to release their games on PC,Cloud day 1 too now. 

This gen most of the core gamers will end up being part of both ecosystems. 

Next gen it most likely will be in a totally different shape. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Actually I am a bit worried tbh. This is because between all this console war sh*t, I was just happy doing -

giphy.gif

Way more hyped for PSVR2 than PS5. New hardware launch is always tricky for a company and this news had put a dent on their market value too. So hoping this does not has any impact on their plans for VR.

I know no-one cares about VR here, but just speaking my mind 😛

• Haha 1