Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I guess they'll price it around the latest iteration of Oculus

Ya, but what about the losses? It dsnt has mass appeal(yet). And DF in their initial impressions video, compared it with headsets that cost around 1k$.

18 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Thats another issue. It wont be cheap looking at the specs and Sony cant sell it at a higher price than PS5, so most probably might be taking a big loss/unit. Now will they take such risk in current scenario or make some changes...postpone? :(  Will have to see.

I really think a well-done VR has the power to revolutionize a lot of things, not just gaming. 

I started using 3D and AR models during my trainings a few years back, and they are legit awesome. I just can't fathom the absolute ease of learning these tech have brought in biomedical sciences in less than a decade. 

And I'm pretty sure detailed AR and VR are the next steps, with absolutely epic real life implications. 

We infact developed an anatomy app for Hololens, and while it was fun to use, I guess it was a bit finicky too. The pinch and pull gestures were not the best, but that was V1. Have to see what is being done with Holo Lens 2. 

Really excited about gaming VR too as it can bring old and new generations together. Pure family fun ! 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Agreed. Many regulars have stopped posting now. 

It's become pretty toxic now and I realise I'm also a part of it. 

From now, I won't be engaging in console wars. 

Personal suggestion is to nuke the ps v xbox thread. It only facilitates fighting and spills over to other threads. 

I don't really this console war thing. I mean, I do engage for a bit of banter, and its mainly with the usual suspects who act as though $ony $pon$or$ their po$t$

I find brand loyalty in general quite dumb, but the kind of loyalty we see here demonstrated where we have people defending a console they don't own is just crazy, I just don't get it. My post count has also reduced off late as threads turn into flame wars. Its fun for a while, but gets toxic....

42 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Me too brother. PSVR 2 day 1.

I'm PSVR2 day 1 as well!

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Same. Loved D3 despite all the issues. So much fun and so smooth to play. I even got it on PS4 to try and was surprised how well it was done for controller. 

I really hope they bring ins cross-play for D4! Have friends in the PS & PC side with whom I'd like to do some rifts!

PSVR2 sounds good but my experience with PSVR has been underwhelming. Not the hardware but I get vertigo and nausea if I use it more than 20 mins. Only tried Ace combat, RE and Astro not though.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Me too brother. PSVR 2 day 1.

Not in the day 1 gang..might not be year 1 too :fear1: The pace at which the price of these things fall....plus I am hopelessly running behind when it comes to catching up with latest in gaming. :samui:

51 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Really excited about gaming VR too as it can bring old and new generations together. Pure family fun ! 

This!! Have spent lots of time playing that free game Astro playroom or something like that...and it was just a free demo. It was sooooo much fun and the only time ever when my family members have shown any interest in gaming.

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Am hoping we get a new Warcraft RTS game. Reign of Chaos is one of all time favorite. Shame they stopped making more and fully moved to WoW. 🥱

Can't justify monthly fee for WoW. So dated and boring. They should add that WoW sub to GP or get rid of it. 

Diablo IV maybe in good management. I want this game to be good. 

A new Warcraft RTS game like Warcraft 4 would be the bomb. The story of Arthas becoming the lich king has to be one of the best stories in video games, plus Frozen Throne just made a good game even better.

Warcraft 4 (if it is true to its origins like Warcraft3) is the Half Life 3 equivalent for RTS fans.

7 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

A new Warcraft RTS game like Warcraft 4 would be the bomb. The story of Arthas becoming the lich king has to be one of the best stories in video games, plus Frozen Throne just made a good game even better.

Warcraft 4 (if it is true to its origins like Warcraft3) is the Half Life 3 equivalent for RTS fans.

The story of Arthas was carried ahead in World of Warcraft.

That said, with the way things are going, there is a pretty high chance for Warcraft 4. In my opinion, there will be WoW 2, so I think timeline will be -

1) 1 more expansion for WoW in mostly 2023 - this is while acquisition details are finalized, and will be a decently small expansion lasting till 2024-2025 beginning I guess

2) After this will be Warcraft 4, that will take place at the end of WoW and move the story of the World ahead. This might last for 1 year.

All of this will be in the interim while WoW 2 development is going on.

3) Then by 2026-27, they will release WoW 2 which will take some 500-1000 years after WoW (And maybe just some years after Warcraft 4), sufficient time that the entire mess that WoW has become will be cleaned out, along with stuff like new engine etc. that will truely bring the game up to modern times.

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

That said, with the way things are going, there is a pretty high chance for Warcraft 4. In my opinion, there will be WoW 2, so I think timeline will be -

1) 1 more expansion for WoW in mostly 2023 - this is while acquisition details are finalized, and will be a decently small expansion lasting till 2024-2025 beginning I guess

2) After this will be Warcraft 4, that will take place at the end of WoW and move the story of the World ahead. This might last for 1 year.

3) Then by 2026-27, they will release WoW 2 which will take some 500-1000 years after WoW (And maybe just some years after Warcraft 4), sufficient time that the entire mess that WoW has become will be cleaned out, along with stuff like new engine etc. that will truely bring the game up to modern times.

Hopefully that will be the case. Players on WoW are declining and wants a break just like for COD. 

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

I think if they launch Warcraft 4 it will last a long time, also WOW and Warcraft 4 do not necessarily need to compete against each other. Warcraft 4 can be its own thing while WOW continues on as its own thing. Though not sure if Blizzard have the manpower to support both games at the same time.

:rofl: 

That’s like one messed up company being handed over to another who already has a mastery in delays/cancellations/misjudged bets.

I just hope Satya has a real plan on who & how all this will be managed when there is no one who has personal stake on the line like the previous owners. :lol: 

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

I think if they launch Warcraft 4 it will last a long time, also WOW and Warcraft 4 do not necessarily need to compete against each other. Warcraft 4 can be its own thing while WOW continues on as its own thing. Though not sure if Blizzard have the manpower to support both games at the same time.

Unfortunately that can no longer be the case I think. Blizzard has essentially migrated the entire Warcraft Universe over to WoW at least 10 years ago. If it was till Vanilla WoW or even The Burning Crusade, I would have agreed with you. Unfortunately, since Wrath of The Lich King - they have tied the entire Universe's story to WoW and external media like books.

It would be great if it was it's own thing. But I think most of the Warcraft community expects the story with WoW at this point. Warcraft 4 might be used as a stop-gap. But I think the ship of the entire Warcraft Universe's story being told through RTS has sailed. IMO it would cause too much backlash in the community (what's left of it at least) if they try to tie the story to RTS completely again.

Though, that said, I loved the RTS better than WoW MMO any day. I personally would love to see your idea come true. Though I can't see how they will do it without pi**ing off a lot of the community.

We outlasted you and we won. Byeee

He actually won though? He going to leave on his own terms, sell the entire company before walking out and make a cool $400m+. Employees will never see that much in lifetime. 

People complaining on Twitter are living a different reality.

Edited by Joe Cool

5 hours ago, roun90 said:

I don't see another MMO happening. More chances to get a RTS than MMO. 

Very few MMOs are still holding up while majority are dying or dead. They also take so much time and massive effort to keep up for years. I don't think they will do that again and rather make RTS or something else with Warcraft characters. And am totally up for it. 

25 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

I don't see another MMO happening. More chances to get a RTS than MMO. 

Very few MMOs are still holding up while majority are dying or dead. They also take so much time and massive effort to keep up for years. I don't think they will do that again and rather make RTS or something else with Warcraft characters. And am totally up for it. 

They keep and keep on making MMOs hoping that one become a golden goose. Ubisoft is endlessly pursuing MMOs and even planning GAAS model in the next Far Cry and Assassin Creed games. 

7 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

They keep and keep on making MMOs hoping that one become a golden goose. Ubisoft is endlessly pursuing MMOs and even planning GAAS model in the next Far Cry and Assassin Creed games. 

Assassins creed has been GaaS since origins. 

8 hours ago, AnK said:

:rofl: 

That’s like one messed up company being handed over to another who already has a mastery in delays/cancellations/misjudged bets.

I just hope Satya has a real plan on who & how all this will be managed when there is no one who has personal stake on the line like the previous owners. :lol: 

Dude is walking out like a king. He could've gone to jail, instead he is walking away with cool half a billion dollars and share options. He can buy a villa in Barbados and spend the rest of his life scuba diving and parasailing. 

20 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Dude is walking out like a king. He could've gone to jail, instead he is walking away with cool half a billion dollars and share options. He can buy a villa in Barbados and spend the rest of his life scuba diving and parasailing. 

He can still go to jail right? Although he's rich so I doubt.

Anyways, he was always gonna make money being the ceo of the company since 3 decades. He must racked quite a lot of esop too. 

7 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

KC said someone reported me. Lol .Who reported me and over what? I abused who?

I reported you, because your handle is discriminatory against colored wolves. What did they ever do to you man? 

/jk

KotDick is definitely walking out with a bucket load of cash. I think the employees are just happy that he's out. His greed is the main reason for Acti's current state, annualized garbage which is still topping sales charts. 

Hopefully MS can bring in some semblance of structure and direction to Acti. Between CoD, Diablo, Overwatch and Star/War craft, they have decent IPs to build upon. 

If you think about it, if Microsoft plays this right, we can have 1-2 AAAs from their studios every year going forward.