Jump to content

Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard


Recommended Posts

So I was checking the PC gamepass library today, and they have Destiny 2 upto Beyond Light DLC pack included in the GP, Does this acquisition mean Sony will pull destiny 2 from GP? or do they have to stick with whatever deal Acti struck with MS for this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

So I was checking the PC gamepass library today, and they have Destiny 2 upto Beyond Light DLC pack included in the GP, Does this acquisition mean Sony will pull destiny 2 from GP? or do they have to stick with whatever deal Acti struck with MS for this?


I think things will stay as they are till 2024 at least 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, looks like Activision is indeed MS now. In their Q4 press release (used to be a press con before), they refused to release the sales number for vanguard only saying its “below expectations”. The same way MS stopped releasing hardware numbers since X1 :giggle:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

They can't keep it up forever, like even Jio started like free for one year? then the data packs were cheap for what they were offering, and now the prices have been hiked.

Nintendo is playing it's own game and Sony is now comfortable with putting it's games on PC( probably other platforms too if it made sense financially ), wouldn't take long for the C-Levels over there to have a mindset change and switch to a "software only" business model like other companies in the past, because hardware doesn't make ( enough ) money apparently.

Nothing of value would be lost tbh.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

They can't keep it up forever, like even Jio started like free for one year? then the data packs were cheap for what they were offering, and now the prices have been hiked.

 

Nintendo is playing it's own game and Sony is now comfortable with putting it's games on PC( probably other platforms too if it made sense financially ), wouldn't take long for the C-Levels over there to have a mindset change and switch to a "software only" business model like other companies in the past, because hardware doesn't make ( enough ) money apparently.

Nothing of value would be lost tbh.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

You're grossly mistaken if you think any of the big 3 are in the business of selling hardware. 

 

Yes ikr they sell the consoles at a loss and make money off the paid multiplayer( now ) and earlier by whatever licensing fee they charge for putting games on their platform.

Then again even Steam charges the 30% cut for putting a game on steam store, and they don't have any hardware overhead to get that.

 

Sony will probably become a game publisher like SEGA, Nintendo plays it's own game and doesn't "compete" with the other two in the first place, and MS is already big 3rd party games publisher now.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

PC gaming has priced itself out of the reach of vast majority of regular people. 

 

If Mac was big on gaming, the problem would've been solved. Apple make their own chips and can keep the market less fragmented.

 

But nVidia being at helm for serious GPUs, PC gaming could never be affordable for common folks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Steam also doesn't have a walled garden on which no one else can well on. 

Your comments are somewhat out of touch especially at a time when PC gaming has priced itself out of the reach of vast majority of regular people. 

 

Arre that's because of the chip shortage + miners , even console supplies are affected, like you never see PS5SeriesX available to buy anywhere at MRP without those "pre-order" type muhurats they come up with.

Otherwise it's best time to be PC gamer, you have exclusives from both teams on PC, because of MS buying Bethesda and Acti you will probably get those titles on GP also, plus there is Epic game store and their discounts.

 

9 minutes ago, Right said:

 

If Mac was big on gaming, the problem would've been solved. Apple make their own chips and can keep the market less fragmented.

 

But nVidia being at helm for serious GPUs, PC gaming could never be affordable for common folks.

 

 

They don't have the fabs, same as Nvidia or AMD( technically, GlobalFoundries used to be AMD owned long ago ).

Nvidia may be greedy but the current insane prices are not their fault

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

They don't have the fabs, same as Nvidia or AMD( technically, GlobalFoundries used to be AMD owned long ago ).

Nvidia may be greedy but the current insane prices are not their fault

 

Its their fault obviously.

They fragment the market by creating low-mid-high segments, and do this every year, so top end card always tend at same or higher pricing, then slightly older card start disappearing from the shelves, because supply chain is maintained by OEMs so natural price decline never really kicks in.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...