Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

Oracle literally bought off 70% of their competition when antitrust sh*t used to be big. Disney has been acquiring things left and right.

This would be pretty easy for MS to navigate.

MS is not buying competition, they are buying collaborators. Platform parity is not considered seriously in entertainment services business.

1 hour ago, RV1709 said:

I meant that MS has already gone through two pretty major acquisitions. This one being clearly bigger. Even if it goes through, they might have trouble getting the next one in (if they have plans to acquire more publishers)

They are no. 3 or 4 in terms of revenue . Shouldnt have a problem .

besides that AB wants to be bought coz of their troubles . I doubt anything will stop this acquisition from happening .

Also sony and tencent continuing to grow themselves ,allows MS also to do the same. If sony /tencent buys a publisher ,then ms can again.

Edited by triggr happy ss

So I was checking the PC gamepass library today, and they have Destiny 2 upto Beyond Light DLC pack included in the GP, Does this acquisition mean Sony will pull destiny 2 from GP? or do they have to stick with whatever deal Acti struck with MS for this?

22 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

So I was checking the PC gamepass library today, and they have Destiny 2 upto Beyond Light DLC pack included in the GP, Does this acquisition mean Sony will pull destiny 2 from GP? or do they have to stick with whatever deal Acti struck with MS for this?

I think things will stay as they are till 2024 at least 

Well, looks like Activision is indeed MS now. In their Q4 press release (used to be a press con before), they refused to release the sales number for vanguard only saying its “below expectations”. The same way MS stopped releasing hardware numbers since X1 :giggle:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

They can't keep it up forever, like even Jio started like free for one year? then the data packs were cheap for what they were offering, and now the prices have been hiked.

Nintendo is playing it's own game and Sony is now comfortable with putting it's games on PC( probably other platforms too if it made sense financially ), wouldn't take long for the C-Levels over there to have a mindset change and switch to a "software only" business model like other companies in the past, because hardware doesn't make ( enough ) money apparently.

Nothing of value would be lost tbh.

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

They can't keep it up forever, like even Jio started like free for one year? then the data packs were cheap for what they were offering, and now the prices have been hiked.

Nintendo is playing it's own game and Sony is now comfortable with putting it's games on PC( probably other platforms too if it made sense financially ), wouldn't take long for the C-Levels over there to have a mindset change and switch to a "software only" business model like other companies in the past, because hardware doesn't make ( enough ) money apparently.

Nothing of value would be lost tbh.