Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

FTC must be right up their a*s for them to have to come out with public statement and declare their commitment to multiplatform games.

Waiting for them to say, we told Sony that future CoD games are available on their platform, but only via GP. But they declined. So no CoD for them.

MS wants to push GP on every platform available 

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

MS wants to push GP on every platform available 

I wonder when they are going to release a disc less version of series X 

on one hand we have Sony which don't have any subscription plans still releases disc less version 

and other side we have dumb MS who don't know what to do with their console selling business, considering the fact they want gamepass to succeed yet no disc less version.

Release a updated disc less version of Series X for 35k-40k INR I will buy it.

3 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Nope. SONY =/= MICROSOFT.    

Can Sony Buy out Microsoft?  No

Can Microsoft Buy out Sony? Yes

Now with Above "Yes" , if microsoft continues to buy other studios and continues to grow big, eyes will be on Microsoft only. 

PlayStation makes same yearly revenue as Windows for MS, if I am correct.

I don't think Sony is out of funds. They can buy publishers if they want.

Honest to god I want MS to go out and buy valve and steam for a number of reasons. 

1. Steamdeck looks like an ergonomic disaster and MS can easily make a handheld that is much more compact & better designed. A handheld pc gamepass machine will be a huge gamechanger & hopefully will run without needing AA batteries. 

2. Xb pc store is garbage and buying out competition instead of fixing things is what they're best at. They can literally own the whole PC market with this. 

3. MS will actually go out and make games like hl3, portal, l4d etc. worst to worst you'll get a CGI trailer for all of the above. 

4. I want to see the meltdown of all the PCMR & steam fanbabies who were cheering the acquisition of Bethesda & Activision. 

Do it lord Spencer. 

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Honest to god I want MS to go out and buy valve and steam for a number of reasons. 

1. Steamdeck looks like an ergonomic disaster and MS can easily make a handheld that is much more compact & better designed. A handheld pc gamepass machine will be a huge gamechanger & hopefully will run without needing AA batteries. 

2. Xb pc store is garbage and buying out competition instead of fixing things is what they're best at. They can literally own the whole PC market with this. 

3. MS will actually go out and make games like hl3, portal, l4d etc. worst to worst you'll get a CGI trailer for all of the above. 

4. I want to see the meltdown of all the PCMR & steam fanbabies who were cheering the acquisition of Bethesda & Activision. 

Do it lord Spencer. 

5. I want to see the meltdown of all the ponies..

Do it lord spencer! 😂

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

PlayStation makes same yearly revenue as Windows for MS, if I am correct.

I don't think Sony is out of funds. They can buy publishers if they want.

Can they buy activision?  

Also if you keep bringing "revenue" comparison. This will go nowhere. I believe they use current market cap of a company and cash in hand to determine buying power and if they are buying out competition. I am not that much of an analyst but comparing market caps seems common sense for such acquisitions.

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Steamdeck looks like an ergonomic disaster

Why do you say that? Are the previews not that favourable?  I only see positive reviews and it is a perfect one for docking and playing on a monitor as well .. like a mini PC.

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Do it lord Spencer. 

MS uses steam as excuse in lot of places, that they don't own it.

Recently they used it in Epic vs Apple lawsuite, and with regulators checking AB deal, to ensure they don't have monopoly.

I dunno the specifics but apparently Steam's independence is useful for MS.

1 minute ago, Pacifier said:

Why do you say that? Are the previews not that favourable?  I only see positive reviews and it is a perfect one for docking and playing on a monitor as well .. like a mini PC.

Just like how reviews were favourable for the steam controller. We all know how that turned out. Also, Anyone who's used the psp, Vita or even gamegear extensively will already have nightmares about using it in handheld mode. 

12 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Steamdeck looks like an ergonomic disaster

I thought the same, but Linus has done 3 videos on it, and he seems pretty happy tbh. 

Also, the deck is a repairer's dream. Easy to open, easy change of thumbsticks, upgrading SSD etc. Pretty thoughtful design. 

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I thought the same, but Linus has done 3 videos on it, and he seems pretty happy tbh. 

Also, the deck is a repairer's dream. Easy to open, easy change of thumbsticks, upgrading SSD etc. Pretty thoughtful design. 

It almost weighs 700 grams. That's  easily 2X~3x more than psp/Vita/switch. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

But it plays proper games unlike switch..

:cry: I was thinking about buying a switch 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

It almost weighs 700 grams. That's  easily 2X~3x more than psp/Vita/switch. 

Agreed on this point, but i think its more of a "table top" machine rather than handheld. (ofcourse not advertised as such). The weight on paper might not translate to on hand and it would depend on distribution and ergonomics. 

But they should have ALSO released a steam deck console version. Same internals with bumped up memory / specs, minus the screen, joystick etc that can do 1440p gaming. You then have a console competitor which would actually be decent buy.

12 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Agreed on this point, but i think its more of a "table top" machine rather than handheld. (ofcourse not advertised as such). The weight on paper might not translate to on hand and it would depend on distribution and ergonomics. 

But they should have ALSO released a steam deck console version. Same internals with bumped up memory / specs, minus the screen, joystick etc that can do 1440p gaming. You then have a console competitor which would actually be decent buy.

A steam deck console version is called a gaming pc but worse. What you really want is a gaming pc at a reasonable price which is not going to be possible for the next few years.