Jump to content

Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard


Recommended Posts

Lol, while M$ has been gobbling up behemoths like DOOM, Wolfenstein, Diablo, Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, et all (you get the idea), SONY has been busy acquiring studios to make more live service games to milk their faithful ponies :roflroll:

 

8 hours ago, radicaldude said:

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

Lol, while M$ has been gobbling up behemoths like DOOM, Wolfenstein, Diablo, Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, et all (you get the idea), SONY has been busy acquiring studios to make more live service games to milk their faithful ponies :roflroll:

 

 

 

Sony doesn't really need external studios to churn out blockbuster games. They can/and are doing that themselves since years, rather decades. They are acquiring studios to strengthen the chinks in their armour ie online PvP (gaas) based games. 

 

 

Spender on the other hand, is doing what he does best....

Edited by radicaldude
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it’s safe to say that Destiny & COD both will remain multiplatform in foreseeable future & both being available as part of respective ecosystem’s subscription service. 
 

If either of these try to go exclusive the other will have no other option but to do the same. 
 

Online multiplayer games going exclusive specially in the age of cross-play is never a good thing for the community & it’s thriving. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

In an explosive allegation, one of the lawyers behind the Activision Blizzard discrimination suit says California Governor Gavin Newsom is interfering to support Activision and that he abruptly fired her boss. She is resigning in protest.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

 

 

 

 

I would like to point out that the number of shares SOC Investment Group holds in Activision or really, any company for the matter is exactly ZERO. 

These guys, the idiot who wrote the article and anyone who actually believed it are total nuggets. 

 

Excerpts from their mission statement

 

The SOC Investment Group, formerly known as the CtW Investment Group, holds corporations and their leadership accountable for irresponsible and unethical corporate behavior and excessive executive pay, reflecting the long-term interests of workers and their families invested in union pension funds. The SOC Investment Group supports regulatory and shareholder initiatives to ensure independent and accountable directors, reasonable executive compensation practices, and sound environmental, human capital and other business policies. 

 

The SOC Investment Group is not a named fiduciary for any pension or other fund or plan, nor does it render investment advice. The SOC Investment Group does not exercise or seek to exercise any discretionary authority or discretionary control regarding management of any plan, disposition of any plan assets, proxy voting decisions, appointment of plan trustees, or any other aspect of plan management or administration. Although SOC Investment Group strategies and initiatives are thoroughly reviewed for compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the law requires trustees and other fiduciaries to conduct their own review and make independent decisions before implementing or adopting any of these strategies or initiatives. 

Edited by Mr. Comingle
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This acquisition will obviously go through as M$ is just too big & Actiblizzard is sort of in an irreparable soup. 
 

The investors & stake holders(& even users of their products) can clearly see that it changing hands is the only way it can survive,atleast for the foreseeable future. 


I think first thing Satya should do is get both Actiblizzard & Bathesda out from the clutches of that stooge Phail Spencer before he does to them what he knows best. 
 

All these studio build ups & acquisitions along with the gobbling up of whole Publishing Houses with numerous legendary IPs & having Phail Spencer at the helm of all of this is nothing short of mass murder. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AnK said:

This acquisition will obviously go through as M$ is just too big & Actiblizzard is sort of in an irreparable soup. 
 

The investors & stake holders(& even users of their products) can clearly see that it changing hands is the only way it can survive,atleast for the foreseeable future. 


I think first thing Satya should do is get both Actiblizzard & Bathesda out from the clutches of that stooge Phail Spencer before he does to them what he knows best. 
 

All these studio build ups & acquisitions along with the gobbling up of whole Publishing Houses with numerous legendary IPs & having Phail Spencer at the helm of all of this is nothing short of mass murder. 
 

 

Dont be salty 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why cause I outlined his achievements?!? :lol: 
(life time?! :rofl: )

 

Also don’t start another personal war crap in this thread.

 

What I am saying is strictly related to this thread. 

I can’t help if you have personal feelings for him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AnK said:

This acquisition will obviously go through as M$ is just too big & Actiblizzard is sort of in an irreparable soup. 
 

The investors & stake holders(& even users of their products) can clearly see that it changing hands is the only way it can survive,atleast for the foreseeable future. 


I think first thing Satya should do is get both Actiblizzard & Bathesda out from the clutches of that stooge Phail Spencer before he does to them what he knows best. 
 

All these studio build ups & acquisitions along with the gobbling up of whole Publishing Houses with numerous legendary IPs & having Phail Spencer at the helm of all of this is nothing short of mass murder. 
 

 


absolutely right… evil stooges like lord phail spender are ruining xbox.. we need overlord Satya to take over the gaming division.. and bring forth the salvation of xbox 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Why cause I outlined his achievements?!? :lol: 
(life time?! :rofl: )

 

Also don’t start another personal war crap in this thread.

 

What I am saying is strictly related to this thread. 

I can’t help if you have personal feelings for him. 

Well both bethesda and activision will continue working with full freedom . Ms will just do the necessary cleaning and financing etc. 

There are 0 reports of Ms acquisitions negatively effecting the newly acquired studios . 
 

Dont know what you are talking about as usual ,As if phil spencer goes and handles each of the studios by himself :rofl:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AnK said:

 

All these studio build ups & acquisitions along with the gobbling up of whole Publishing Houses with numerous legendary IPs & having Phail Spencer at the helm of all of this is nothing short of mass murder. 
 

 

IVG needs to sponsor therapy for this guy. Wtf :rofl:

Game studio acquisition = mass murder. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Well both bethesda and activision will continue working with full freedom . Ms will just do the necessary cleaning and financing etc. 

There are 0 reports of Ms acquisitions negatively effecting the newly acquired studios . 
 

Dont know what you are talking about as usual ,As if phil spencer goes and handles each of the studios by himself :rofl:

No bro it's equivalent to Holocaust. 

Phil Spencer needs to be tried at Hague. 

Edited by Mr. Comingle
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:


absolutely right… evil stooges like lord phail spender are ruining xbox.. we need overlord Satya to take over the gaming division.. and bring forth the salvation of xbox 😂


 

Satya is the one who has brought in whatever good that has happened with the brand lately. 
His allocation of unlimited funds. 
 

Stooges like Phail play little role in it. 
More like a manager to sit across & mediate. 

 

His life’s real work will always be remembered as the endless fail in having anything meaningful come out of any of studios under him or any third party development deal he made. 
 

7 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Well both bethesda and activision will continue working with full freedom . Ms will just do the necessary cleaning and financing etc. 

There are 0 reports of Ms acquisitions negatively effecting the newly acquired studios . 
 

Dont know what you are talking about as usual ,As if phil spencer goes and handles each of the studios by himself :rofl:

 

I hope for Actiblizzard & Bethesda’s own good that what you say is true. 
 

But still once BKotick & PeteH are no longer incharge & have no stake in companies respectively. 
They would definitely need an incharge put up by M$. 
 

Companies & studios with no one appropriate at the helm are poised to deteriorate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AnK said:


 

Satya is the one who has brought in whatever good that has happened with the brand lately. 
His allocation of unlimited funds. 
 

Stooges like Phail play little role in it. 
More like a manager to sit across & mediate. 

 


Yes Satya is indeed the saviour.. if stooges like phail had been allowed to make decision, xbox would have been dead long time ago.. 

infact lord phail is only a puppet in the hands of Satya ( saviour of M$) who in fact is the actual ruler of M$.. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...