Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

Just now, AnK said:

This has got nothing to do with console wars as we know it or have known it. 

That is long over & behind it seems. 

M$ is building an ecosystem to take on Facebook  & it’s rumoured Metaverse it seems….along with Amazon,Google maybe. 

All will try & make everyone engaged in their ecosystem. 

Latest hot take guys. Cod VR exclusive. :wOOtjumpy:

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

I guess they also want a part of that sweet mobile money. Did a quick google to find out that most profitable franchise for Sony is not a playstation exclusive. It is Fate Grand Order mobile game where they have made about $5.5 Billion since its launch about 4 years back. 

14 minutes ago, AnK said:

Lmao 

M$ is pretty much buying every other publishing house that is failing to stay afloat. 

Good for gaming in a sense that these companies would have gone down in productivity or even shut shop in the future.

Now atleast they'll continue to churn out Subscription quality games.

The future dynamics of AAA gaming are going through a twilight it seems.

Activision Blizzard struggling to stay afloat? What have you been smoking? Kotick and co. have been scamming gamers and minting money.

At least now hoping their games come to GPU, the scampass gang can start scamming them back

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

They still own the game. Can totally put it on game pass. I doubt a dev would have a call on that. 

No,it doesn’t work that way 

It can show up,but they’ll have to make a deal with Fromsoftware. 

Maybe they don’t have to negotiate publisher’s royalties anymore but have to pay From if they want it on GP. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

They still own the game. Can totally put it on game pass. I doubt a dev would have a call on that. 

The IP is owned by From, its not Activision's property. Whether it appears on GP or not is different story.

2 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

I guess they also want a part of that sweet mobile money. Did a quick google to find out that most profitable franchise for Sony is not a playstation exclusive. It is Fate Grand Order mobile game where they have made about $5.5 Billion since its launch about 4 years back. 

Activision alone makes 2.7 billion in profit while king is a loss making company. I mean they do want that mobile money but it's not like Activision isn't making money. 

Just now, CarbonCore said:

The IP is owned by From, its not Activision's property. Whether it appears on GP or not is different story.

Yeah but that specific game is funded by Acti. Publishing rights would ideally include pricing decisions including whether that game will be on gamepass. 

It kinda aligns with their strategy of cloud gaming. They can bring in those subscriptions to billions of mobile gamers and then literally print money.

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

No,it doesn’t work that way 

It can show up,but they’ll have to make a deal with Fromsoftware. 

Maybe they don’t have to negotiate publisher’s royalties anymore but have to pay From if they want it on GP. 

I'm not going to pretend to know their exact contract because I don't. 

I'm 100% sure sekiro will land on GP and you can quote me on that. Have 0% in hypothetical discussions on business contracts. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah but that specific game is funded by Acti. Publishing rights would ideally include pricing decisions including whether that game will be on gamepass. 

They funded it like they funded Destiny. Its still up to the IP owner (like Bungie) to decide how much it costs and where it appears beyond initial contract.

4 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

It kinda aligns with their strategy of cloud gaming. They can bring in those subscriptions to billions of mobile gamers and then literally print money.

Which is sort of death to Core/Hardcore gaming from these studios & teams as we know it. 

As I said it’s better than shutting shop 

but sort of a twilight for the sort of games traditional core gamers have been enjoying. 

12 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Yep. Mobile gaming is massive. People don't talk about it much (and non-existent here) but it is biggest industry. Most AAA/exclusives don't even reach what mobile games make.