The Book Thread

Amay

Finished Train to Pakistan. 

I really liked it but its kinda weird. I didnt even notice that I was 20 pages from the end because the story felt like it was just about done setting up and then everything happens at once. Kinda crashes down on you superfast. 

I dunno what to read next. I have Leningrad by Anna Reid which I managed to pick up at a crazy cheap price at a used book stall, 100 RS lmao. Crazy good deal. But I dont know if I wanna get into that since I am still going through War for Civilization by Fisk and one brutally depressing book at a time is enough. Gotta find something lighthearted and fun. 

Ready player one any good?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys I need some help. I read a lot of books, and I have a decent collection but Im not really a collector per se. There is a particular book I need thats out of print now (I dont mind buying used), if anybody has any clue how I could go about acquiring the same pls PM me Id appreciate it.

9 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Hey guys I need some help. I read a lot of books, and I have a decent collection but Im not really a collector per se. There is a particular book I need thats out of print now (I dont mind buying used), if anybody has any clue how I could go about acquiring the same pls PM me Id appreciate it.

Will be easier if you just mention the name of the book here ?

Lol right.
This is like one of the most popular books, but I need this specific edition. Also considering this is the old edition, I was hoping to get it for the regular price or lower. I don't even mind buying used.
But I cant find this anywhere.

PS- This is the only one missing from my collection so ...0fb521e595c2a69132c48d704ded9168.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Need some help. I mostly buy my books off Amazon, but I have never seen fantasy books in a physical store. Mistborn, Stormlight Archive, Name of the Wind, so on. Is there a place in Delhi where I could get those for cheaper prices? I have easily spent 10k+ in September on books, with each one costing 500-600.....\

I dont mind buying used books as long as they arent torn or blemished or something. 

Are you really serious you can easily get cheap books I'm sure there are lots of pavement book seller in Delhi as well 

https://magicpin.in/blog/book-markets-delhi/

All the titles you mentioned are easily in bigger book stores in most metro cities are you sure you are going out of house 

3 hours ago, DinJo said:

Are you really serious you can easily get cheap books I'm sure there are lots of pavement book seller in Delhi as well 

https://magicpin.in/blog/book-markets-delhi/

All the titles you mentioned are easily in bigger book stores in most metro cities are you sure you are going out of house 

Lol Ive been to the book stores like Crossword or Om Book Shop (Those are the ones I see in Noida tbh). They arent too big, and I havent seen any Sanderson in there.

The biggest book store Ive been to is Starmark in Kolkata, thats pretty huge. Anyway Ill check out your link.

Thanks, I might check those places out. But still if anybody knows a big bookstore in Delhi that stocks a good collection of fantasy books pls do tell.

I see people going to Barnes and Noble in the US, freaking huge. Like most of them have a Starbucks inside so you can have coffee while you read lol. Need a fancy store like that. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really wish publishers would start splitting a single book into multiples to make it easier to read. 

I read Boer war a while ago and currently most of the way through the Rise and fall of the Third Reich and both books (while being pretty good) are just an absolute pain too read. The font is too small and the books are way to thick to hold or read comfortable. Both books would be so much easier to read if they were split into 3 books or so. You would even make more money from it. At least give us the option. 

I really dont wanna read on a kindle but this is a pain in the a*s.