The Book Thread

Amay

Unconditional parenting is very very good parenting book listened to audible first 2 chapters. Highly recommended I bought it since my child also seems relative of satan and wanted to see what changes can be brought in. Though most things would be applicable if your child is above 3 years. 

You can also check how to talk to little kids so that they listen. 

Why nobody has told me before is more psychology book but covers some of important points in lowdown, anger and every other human emotion. 

Bought both from bookswagon though there delievery time could be painful but they get you books which are hard to find and packaging is just superb. 

• Thanks 1

Have been commuting from Noida to Gurgaon via shuttle everyday for my internship, so I got a month of scribd to listen to audiobooks during 3-4 hours of commute time.

Fantastic so far!

2 hours ago, North said:

Have been commuting from Noida to Gurgaon via shuttle everyday for my internship, so I got a month of scribd to listen to audiobooks during 3-4 hours of commute time.

Fantastic so far!

Noida to Gurgaon and back ? Sigh. Hellish time waste. 

On 6/6/2022 at 1:13 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Noida to Gurgaon and back ? Sigh. Hellish time waste. 

Oh absolutely. But audible and scribd make the time fly, I'm very happy getting through more books.

Its only for 2 months, I'm interning here so I decided just to do it. Will def try and get placed/permanent job in Noida, plenty of offices along the expressway.

Don't want more Gurgaon after this man.

Highly recommend Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell - his version of the arthurian tale. The audiobooks by Jonathan Keeble are fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any recommendations for Mystery/Thrillers? I am on Audible.

Recently finished  "The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle" and "The Devil and The Dark Water" from Stuart Turton, both were spectacular, especially The 7 deaths... blew my mind.

6 hours ago, iamX said:

Any recommendations for Mystery/Thrillers? I am on Audible.

Recently finished  "The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle" and "The Devil and The Dark Water" from Stuart Turton, both were spectacular, especially The 7 deaths... blew my mind.

oh yeah Ive heard those are really good!

I've heard good things about The Secret History, by Donna Tartt. and if you want to pick up an episode series of mysteries - the Arliss Cutter mystery books by Marc Cameron are really good.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, North said:

oh yeah Ive heard those are really good!

I've heard good things about The Secret History, by Donna Tartt. and if you want to pick up an episode series of mysteries - the Arliss Cutter mystery books by Marc Cameron are really good.

Thank you. The Secret History looks like it's right up my alley and has promising reviews too. Will start with this one. :thumbsup:

• Like 1