Sony Acquires Bungie Studios

36 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

People are dumb if they think making an exclusive would be good for games like Destiny just to sell some more consoles. Live games make money out of MTX/addons and that makes more money than games/hardware.

Here is SONY's latest report

FKkj97pWUAYJRt4?format=jpg&name=4096x409

$8b out of MTX/DLCs. Now imagine how more Destiny with their yearly expansion, 4 seasons, extra dungeons and Eververse store will bring. Just people because here have no interest in cosmetics doesn't mean the world isn't buying. Video game companies literally make the most money out of it. 

Can't compare to $7b of what MS paid to Zenimax as they are mostly single-player stuff with an exception of ESO/FO76 and a completely different focus. Destiny is huge with 0 competition. All those "destiny-killers" died trying while Bungie continues to dominate even with half-arsed stuff because they know their audience now. 

This is what triggers me. Good revenue is earned from MTX/DLC this is why previous gen was plagued by lootboxes and battleroyal/MMO. Just endless grind and game get's boring after a while. We got less Single player gems because of the 'dumb people' buying digital fancy items. 

8 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

This is what triggers me. Good revenue is earned from MTX/DLC this is why previous gen was plagued by lootboxes and battleroyal/MMO. Just endless grind and game get's boring after a while. We got less Single player gems because of the 'dumb people' buying digital fancy items. 

You mean gaming in general I presume, not Sony ?    Coz all they have been doing is selling single player games from first party. (Which is most likely going to change this gen seems like, and hopefully they dont get greedy)

6 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

You mean gaming in general I presume, not Sony ?    Coz all they have been doing is selling single player games from first party. (Which is most likely going to change this gen seems like, and hopefully they dont get greedy)

This. 

Good for them if they want to venture into Gaas titles. Just hope they don't mess up their existing first party single player games, they've been unmatched in that area. 

2 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

First party single player is where Sony shines (that's what defined Playstation brand). Else Sony has nothing to offer besides PS5 hardware (not unmatched). I'd just get a PC or Xbox/Switch and be happy with it. 

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Can't compare to $7b of what MS paid to Zenimax as they are mostly single-player stuff with an exception of ESO/FO76 and a completely different focus. Destiny is huge with 0 competition. All those "destiny-killers" died trying while Bungie continues to dominate even with half-arsed stuff because they know their audience now. 

I really can't believe EA managed to sink a game where you flew around like Iron Man. I had such high hopes for Anthem, and it came out during a Destiny draught, everything was so ripe for the taking. 

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

People are dumb if they think making an exclusive would be good for games like Destiny just to sell some more consoles. Live games make money out of MTX/addons and that makes more money than games/hardware.

Wow, this is crazy, Retail disks are becoming thing of past.

6 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

$8b out of MTX/DLCs. Now imagine how more Destiny with their yearly expansion, 4 seasons, extra dungeons and Eververse store will bring. Just people because here have no interest in cosmetics doesn't mean the world isn't buying. Video game companies literally make the most money out of it. 

Can't compare to $7b of what MS paid to Zenimax as they are mostly single-player stuff with an exception of ESO/FO76 and a completely different focus. Destiny is huge with 0 competition. All those "destiny-killers" died trying while Bungie continues to dominate even with half-arsed stuff because they know their audience now. 

All sony fanboys should save this post for future reference when they post UK charts :lol:

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

All sony fanboys should save this post for future reference when they post UK charts :lol:

Why do you guys get so triggered by UK charts? The British left 75 years ago, they're not coming back again :rofl: 

6 hours ago, gecko89 said:

^^On a different note, Full game retail sales are 1/5th of full game digital sales(that's without MTX and dlcs) :O

Digital is counting indies and games that don't get disk copies. Apples to apples the split is about 62/38 and been this way for last 3 years except for the pandemic bump in 2020.

32 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Why do you guys get so triggered by UK charts? The British left 75 years ago, they're not coming back again :rofl: 

Digital is counting indies and games that don't get disk copies. Apples to apples the split is about 62/38 and been this way for last 3 years except for the pandemic bump in 2020.

I dont get triggered ,just love laughing at you guys coz you are so smart.

Personally I love that the conversation has shifted from "XYZ company didn't pay billions just so they can release games on competing platforms" to "XYZ company didn't pay billions just so they can pull games from competing platforms and lose revenue". Its so fking predictable with some people  :lol: 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

UK data is good sample to know what would be happening in the US.

You can't extrapolate numbers but the division across different heads would be almost identical.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Personally I love that the conversation has shifted from "XYZ company didn't pay billions just so they can release games on competing platforms" to "XYZ company didn't pay billions just so they can pull games from competing platforms and lose revenue". Its so fking predictable with some people  :lol: 

Different rules when you follow the saviour of gaming