Horizon Forbidden West - Spoilers Thread

Love the new control for touchpad - Swipe up to reveal more HUD. 

Soundtrack is vastly improved 

Even sound design is next level. :majesty:

It’s a massive disservice to the devs to play this on Performance mode. I couldn’t even stand it for 10 seconds. ?

Fidelity mode FTW. 

Edited by Vamos

• 2 weeks later...

How the hell are they gonna stop Nemesis which wipe out the super advanced Far Zeniths in a few hours. 

Im betting that they will use HAE sub function again to save their a*s again for the second time. For sure they will have to fight the Horus machines given HAE has more power.

I wished that we have to fight Ted Faro. Instead we got an off screen death and use our imagination of his mutated form. Reminded me of the cancelled illusive Man reaper boss battle. 

Wondering if there will be DLC as big as the Frozen Wilds? 

Edited by Mysteryman

On 3/3/2022 at 5:14 PM, Mysteryman said:

How the hell are they gonna stop Nemesis which wipe out the super advanced Far Zeniths in a few hours. 

Im betting that they will use HAE sub function again to save their a*s again for the second time. For sure they will have to fight the Horus machines given HAE has more power.

I wished that we have to fight Ted Faro. Instead we got an off screen death and use our imagination of his mutated form. Reminded me of the cancelled illusive Man reaper boss battle. 

Wondering if there will be DLC as big as the Frozen Wilds? 

Just finished this. i liked the story, but yeah the ted faro death was such meaningless and a huge missed opporunity man.

Also nemesis , i honestly think we might just see elizabet sobeck alive???

Finished the story. 

Wasn't expecting full fledged flying.. just thought it’d be limited to a mission. 

This is just amazing. 

Flying the map on Sunwing is just unreal. 
For the first time since Botw and Witcher 3, this open world makes me want to explore more. 

1 hour ago, rushab oswal said:

Just finished this. i liked the story, but yeah the ted faro death was such meaningless and a huge missed opporunity man.

Also nemesis , i honestly think we might just see elizabet sobeck alive???

Yeah - likely to avoid a higher age rating.   

On resurrection of Sobeck, maybe - there has to be some crazy twist to defeat Nemesis. Could have been better if Nemesis is an alien than a AI. We already have two rogue AIs in the first 2 games. 

35 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Finished the story. 

Wasn't expecting full fledged flying.. just thought it’d be limited to a mission. 

This is just amazing. 

Flying the map on Sunwing is just unreal. 
For the first time since Botw and Witcher 3, this open world makes me want to explore more. 

Only if we got flying atleast in mid game. 

Can't even make good use of it after completing and getting plat. 

10 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Only if we got flying atleast in mid game. 

Can't even make good use of it after completing and getting plat. 

Yeah, I wish it was introduced sooner. 

Also, NG+ will be a waste if they don’t let you fly from the beginning  

• 2 weeks later...

Finished it yesterday. So...

Personally, I feel it would've been good if they let Aloy's story end with this game. I know they want to keep the series going, but the Nemesis stuff in the end feels a little overdone in terms of the sci-fi element of the series. They probably could've gone for a different character in a different part of the world for the next game.

Varl's death was :sadbye: I really liked Erend in this game.

Question for everyone: Do you really get to save Regalla? I chose for her to die, but the other options indicated that maybe she could live and help with the fight. Is that so? Or does it always end in her death regardless of the option chosen?

And about Aloy's personality (being cocky and all that), I feel she does tone it down by the end and realises that friends are important and without them she simply can't get the job done.

Overall a really great game. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Might just boot it up a couple more times to fly around and do some of the side missions. Let's see...