Horizon Forbidden West - Spoilers Thread

8 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Finished it yesterday. So...

Personally, I feel it would've been good if they let Aloy's story end with this game. I know they want to keep the series going, but the Nemesis stuff in the end feels a little overdone in terms of the sci-fi element of the series. They probably could've gone for a different character in a different part of the world for the next game.

Varl's death was :sadbye: I really liked Erend in this game.

Question for everyone: Do you really get to save Regalla? I chose for her to die, but the other options indicated that maybe she could live and help with the fight. Is that so? Or does it always end in her death regardless of the option chosen?

And about Aloy's personality (being cocky and all that), I feel she does tone it down by the end and realises that friends are important and without them she simply can't get the job done.

Overall a really great game. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Might just boot it up a couple more times to fly around and do some of the side missions. Let's see...

Regalia died in both options. Keeping her alive doesn’t make your main mission easier or harder. 

There is only one ending. 

curious if you have any opinion on Ted Faro’s off screen death. 

37 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

I would've liked to see Faro's death, and his grotesque form. Seems like a cop out tbh, knowing that he was still alive and we saw nothing... 

Are they keeping Nemesis for the DLC? Seems too big of a threat for a small DLC type story... 

Yeah probably intentional not to get a mature rating. 

As for the third game, I believe that Aloy will go to Quen territory, combat the Emperor, then work with the advanced tribe to bring down Nemesis and its army in the final battle. 

If there is a DLC, I would think of recapturing the rogue subordinate function but that would be the same as Frozen Wilds. Should be different.

9 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

curious if you have any opinion on Ted Faro’s off screen death. 

Genuinely, I think they avoided it to make it seem like a Rat-King clone from TLOU2. Which makes sense, IMO. I wish they would've at least shown him on camera, though.

But, fighting a creature like that would completely go against the set rules of fighting machines. So, unless they could figure out a good way for that gameplay to be meaningful, I feel they should've just shown him on camera and not make that section playable.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 3:07 PM, Assassins Creed said:

Snake Fight in the first quest :wOOtjumpy: 

Sound design is crazy with proper surround sound 

She can fight me anytime ?

On 3/3/2022 at 5:14 PM, Mysteryman said:

How the hell are they gonna stop Nemesis which wipe out the super advanced Far Zeniths in a few hours. 

Im betting that they will use HAE sub function again to save their a*s again for the second time. For sure they will have to fight the Horus machines given HAE has more power.

I wished that we have to fight Ted Faro. Instead we got an off screen death and use our imagination of his mutated form. Reminded me of the cancelled illusive Man reaper boss battle. 

Wondering if there will be DLC as big as the Frozen Wilds? 

Nemesis wanted to get rid of the far zeniths, but with them gone wonder if it still wants to destroy earth

On 3/10/2022 at 9:22 AM, rushab oswal said:

Just finished this. i liked the story, but yeah the ted faro death was such meaningless and a huge missed opporunity man.

Also nemesis , i honestly think we might just see elizabet sobeck alive???

could be a good twist having a clone of elisabet trying to destroy everything 

On 3/10/2022 at 10:28 AM, Mysteryman said:

Yeah - likely to avoid a higher age rating.   

On resurrection of Sobeck, maybe - there has to be some crazy twist to defeat Nemesis. Could have been better if Nemesis is an alien than a AI. We already have two rogue AIs in the first 2 games. 

An alien would have been a too big of a jumping the shark moment. What we got now fits with the whole Far Zenith megadouches wanting to be God

On 3/25/2022 at 10:18 AM, VelivolusDas said:

Finished it yesterday. So...

Personally, I feel it would've been good if they let Aloy's story end with this game. I know they want to keep the series going, but the Nemesis stuff in the end feels a little overdone in terms of the sci-fi element of the series. They probably could've gone for a different character in a different part of the world for the next game.

Varl's death was :sadbye: I really liked Erend in this game.

Question for everyone: Do you really get to save Regalla? I chose for her to die, but the other options indicated that maybe she could live and help with the fight. Is that so? Or does it always end in her death regardless of the option chosen?

And about Aloy's personality (being cocky and all that), I feel she does tone it down by the end and realises that friends are important and without them she simply can't get the job done.

Overall a really great game. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Might just boot it up a couple more times to fly around and do some of the side missions. Let's see...

I chose to save Regalla, but it doesn’t really affect anything. She gets the death she wanted, fighting the Specters

Also Varl ?

Aloy does understand at the end that she needs friends to beat this threat and that she cant do it all. She def turns a corner on that

I’m expecting Aloy to die in the last game, doing the same thing sobek did. 

On 3/25/2022 at 1:37 PM, LordSpymaster said:

I would've liked to see Faro's death, and his grotesque form. Seems like a cop out tbh, knowing that he was still alive and we saw nothing... 

Are they keeping Nemesis for the DLC? Seems too big of a threat for a small DLC type story... 

On 3/25/2022 at 2:22 PM, Mysteryman said:

Yeah probably intentional not to get a mature rating. 

As for the third game, I believe that Aloy will go to Quen territory, combat the Emperor, then work with the advanced tribe to bring down Nemesis and its army in the final battle. 

If there is a DLC, I would think of recapturing the rogue subordinate function but that would be the same as Frozen Wilds. Should be different.

For the DLC we definitely going to Quen land, maybe that’s where Hephatus is. We still need to capture it

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished this game. 

Had predicted odyssey bois survived back when I finished zero dawn, and were behind that f**ckin signal(until revelation that it was actually nemesis).

I suspect next game will complete the trilogy and end the game story, have the quen dynasty as one of the places, multiple maps.. Discovering new tribes and maybe bigger communities in different continents. Prologue will probably have them recapturing Haphaestus. Also, I suspect a lot of weaponry and hence the combat would be different owing to advanced printers we saw at the end of HFW.

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I completed main story but didn’t encounter the area/quest shown below. Where is it?

Gameplay slice for the video, but if u go to the same place as in the vid you’ll see the broken trees etc creating a pathway where the tremor tusk rampages thru the treeline

• Like 1