The Witcher: A New Saga Begins

Mysteryman

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

With this tweet, I feel that they are trying for a GAAS title set in the Witcher World with custom characters. At the bare minimum, they are keeping their options open in anticipation of this.

Edited by roun90

45 minutes ago, harjas said:

no shani? :naughty: :naughty: 

Shani is best girl

Also no Geraldo I guess as it looks like it’s a new school with a new character 

or

Ciri undergoes the trials abs of the first female witcher

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Shani is best girl

Also no Geraldo I guess as it looks like it’s a new school with a new character 

or

Ciri undergoes the trials abs of the first female witcher

yeah I think they said they are done with Geralt
but they could always bring shani to the new person's story :naughty:

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

With this tweet, I feel that they are trying for a GAAS title set in the Witcher World with custom characters. At the bare minimum, they are keeping their options open in anticipation of this.

Idk how you got that at all. He's just making it clear that it's a new saga, not continuation of prev games. 

The fact that they are discouraging fans from calling it Witcher 4 should be confirmation enough that this game won’t be based on Geralt. I am guessing entirely new characters from a different school of Witchers. I am quite ambivalent about this. On one hand I am definitely going to miss Doug Cockle’s Geralt. But I am cautiously optimistic about potential new characters who could turn out to be interesting in their own right.

Edited by Nikushimi

15 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Also, goes to show that they put this out to lure in talent and peak the interest of investors. I am sure this is easily going to take 4-5 yrs.

Seems to be the normal case of the game industry now. Announce early to attract investors and talent. 

That Witcher 4 teaser image is actually for the School of the Lynx, CDPR confirms

Spoiler

School of the lynx was founded by Lambert and Keira.

Looks like it might be direct sequel with a new character

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-witcher-4-teaser-fuels-theories-that-ciri-may-replace-geralt/

• 2 weeks later...