Ps4 cooling fans

John-Locke_

On 4/7/2022 at 10:11 PM, John-Locke_ said:

Hi guys. Do these fans work? I've seen some YouTubers say they're pointless. I'm talking about the cooling fans that are attached at the back of the console.

Thanks

Some of them Actually are fairly useless. I saw one fan which was pushing air the wrong way. TBH you dont really need those if your PS5 is placed in a well ventilated area, and the cooling system vents are clean. Better to spend time cleaning the console from the inside than buying a fan.

Edit: Just saw that you are are asking for PS4 instead of PS5. But I guess the same thing applies, additionally for PS4 people have had good results by cleaning + replacing thermal paste. 

Edited by Soultrader92

15 hours ago, Soultrader92 said:

Some of them Actually are fairly useless. I saw one fan which was pushing air the wrong way. TBH you dont really need those if your PS5 is placed in a well ventilated area, and the cooling system vents are clean. Better to spend time cleaning the console from the inside than buying a fan.

Edit: Just saw that you are are asking for PS4 instead of PS5. But I guess the same thing applies, additionally for PS4 people have had good results by cleaning + replacing thermal paste. 

Will look into that thanks ?