How to buy a PS5

I see a lot of people here already bought PS5. I searched online but didn't get any clear answer, I know there is a shortage and it only comes online occasionally (?) 

I am planning to get it later but I need to know if there is anything required or is there any trick that you guys used. Don't wanna pay extra. 

Making new thread instead of existing ones so that it gets some attention and doesn't get pushed and also why not!?! 

Any input is appreciated. 

5 hours ago, dante77 said:

I see a lot of people here already bought PS5. I searched online but didn't get any clear answer, I know there is a shortage and it only comes online occasionally (?) 

I am planning to get it later but I need to know if there is anything required or is there any trick that you guys used. Don't wanna pay extra. 

Making new thread instead of existing ones so that it gets some attention and doesn't get pushed and also why not!?! 

Any input is appreciated. 

Contact Panditji 

It's mostly luck I think. But there's a procurement team operating here too who manage to successfully snag one or two for the needy folk from the forum.

Keep an eye out for them and drop a message in the PS5 thread that you are looking to pick one up when Sony announces a drop.

• Thanks 1

I think the people still unable to get a PS5 are few enough to put this on a public thread.

You can get it very easily during a restock with amazon and a bot. All the details are below. I tried for nearly 6 months with no luck and got it in a single try with a bot. Also if u r worried about ur data being stolen. Then don't use the second bot. Just stick to the first one. 0 data steal. And u don't even need to login to use it. Tho I would suggest doing so.

Now there is some stuff mentioned below that doesn't make much sense. Mostly because I copy pasted this message at least 15 times.

The link - https://www.chromext.app/

Its called chroma xt. Just start the bot 4 -5 mins prior to the restock and it will auto add to cart and take u to the screen where u click proceed to buy. Works 99% of the times. Everyone else I knew of who were trying to buy today got it except @oxal
for whom the not didn't work and just kept loading. Installation is extremely easy. Just open the link in GOOGLE CHROME and click on install and it will be installed as a plugin. Usage is far simpler than even that. Just click on the puzzle piece shaped icon next to ur search bar and under plugins u will see this. Click there and it will show u a drop down menu with 3 tabs at the bottom of the menu. Click on the first tab (ignore 2nd nd 3rd they r useless). After that choose between flipkart amazon and shopatsc at the top of the menu and u will see on the top or just half a scroll down - PS5 white console disc/standard. Click the button alongside the link and it will take u to the page. It will auto start once u do that. There is a little bar where u can manually start or stop at the bottom of the page. That's that. Beware that the page will keep refreshing so it will flash in and out during the restock and eventually redirect u directly to the ps5 in ur cart. That's that. Use only and only amazon. Other sites r know to cancel orders and thats avoidable disdapointment. Use other retailers like fk and shopstsc as last resort. Don't take ur eyes of the screen and use CVV cause its the fastest. Do all this on a fast LAN connection.

This will only add to cart auto and everything after that is manual. There is another bot that will checkout till the payment page by auto choosing ur address n stuff from saved stuff. It doesn't ask any details and just uses the first option in ur saved addresses and stuff so remove everything and keep only 1 so that is chooses that. The link and installation guide for that bot is here on this link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9WOiIvoghY

Both bots work gr8 but don't use the second one if u r checking out 2 items. It will glitch 9 days to Sunday.

Hope this helped. Frankly the 2nd bot while faster is not rlly needed cause u have an approximate 5 minute window. About 8 minutes if it adds to cart 3 mins before the restock starts which it did for me. Read threads for more details. Also the second bot has a more complicated installation process (Relatively. Otherwise also simple) but the instructions in the vid r clear cut. The vid has some bots n tricks for other retailers so make sure to check the amazon one. Hope this helped. Good luck. This is all you should need.

Hope this was some help. Lemme know if it works out................. @dante77

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok thank you guys. I am kinda relieved to know that not everyone got it and we still have to go through a lot to get one. I was thinking that I missed some trick. Read somewhere that you have to register at sony and blah blah. 

I am not in hurry, so I can wait. Since I have successfully bought phones at flash sales earlier. I think I can fetch one for myself. 

Now where do I get the notification for upcoming sale? 

25 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

Dekh bhai,  don't want to be rude to anyone here, but stop with your gobar dimaag on every thread, not everything in life is about your pathetic ps vs xbox. Ppl will get ps/xbox as their convenience, no need for you to harass them on every thread.

It’s not that serious. Relax a bit and maybe take a walk / touch grass 

52 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

You shouldn’t have gone personal with him dude. 

Whenever you hurt anyone’s personal feelings you ought to be ready for a retaliatory personal attack. 

3 hours ago, dante77 said:

Ok thank you guys. I am kinda relieved to know that not everyone got it and we still have to go through a lot to get one. I was thinking that I missed some trick. Read somewhere that you have to register at sony and blah blah. 

I am not in hurry, so I can wait. Since I have successfully bought phones at flash sales earlier. I think I can fetch one for myself. 

Now where do I get the notification for upcoming sale? 

5 hours ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

I think the people still unable to get a PS5 are few enough to put this on a public thread.

You can get it very easily during a restock with amazon and a bot. All the details are below. I tried for nearly 6 months with no luck and got it in a single try with a bot. Also if u r worried about ur data being stolen. Then don't use the second bot. Just stick to the first one. 0 data steal. And u don't even need to login to use it. Tho I would suggest doing so.

Now there is some stuff mentioned below that doesn't make much sense. Mostly because I copy pasted this message at least 15 times.

The link - https://www.chromext.app/

Its called chroma xt. Just start the bot 4 -5 mins prior to the restock and it will auto add to cart and take u to the screen where u click proceed to buy. Works 99% of the times. Everyone else I knew of who were trying to buy today got it except @oxal
for whom the not didn't work and just kept loading. Installation is extremely easy. Just open the link in GOOGLE CHROME and click on install and it will be installed as a plugin. Usage is far simpler than even that. Just click on the puzzle piece shaped icon next to ur search bar and under plugins u will see this. Click there and it will show u a drop down menu with 3 tabs at the bottom of the menu. Click on the first tab (ignore 2nd nd 3rd they r useless). After that choose between flipkart amazon and shopatsc at the top of the menu and u will see on the top or just half a scroll down - PS5 white console disc/standard. Click the button alongside the link and it will take u to the page. It will auto start once u do that. There is a little bar where u can manually start or stop at the bottom of the page. That's that. Beware that the page will keep refreshing so it will flash in and out during the restock and eventually redirect u directly to the ps5 in ur cart. That's that. Use only and only amazon. Other sites r know to cancel orders and thats avoidable disdapointment. Use other retailers like fk and shopstsc as last resort. Don't take ur eyes of the screen and use CVV cause its the fastest. Do all this on a fast LAN connection.

This will only add to cart auto and everything after that is manual. There is another bot that will checkout till the payment page by auto choosing ur address n stuff from saved stuff. It doesn't ask any details and just uses the first option in ur saved addresses and stuff so remove everything and keep only 1 so that is chooses that. The link and installation guide for that bot is here on this link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9WOiIvoghY

Both bots work gr8 but don't use the second one if u r checking out 2 items. It will glitch 9 days to Sunday.

Hope this helped. Frankly the 2nd bot while faster is not rlly needed cause u have an approximate 5 minute window. About 8 minutes if it adds to cart 3 mins before the restock starts which it did for me. Read threads for more details. Also the second bot has a more complicated installation process (Relatively. Otherwise also simple) but the instructions in the vid r clear cut. The vid has some bots n tricks for other retailers so make sure to check the amazon one. Hope this helped. Good luck. This is all you should need.

Hope this was some help. Lemme know if it works out................. @dante77

Honestly just use the bot. Its very easy to get 1 using a bot. Not to mention this is a brilliant bot. Literally a chrome plugin. U most likely wont be disappointed.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Step one- want into any brick and mortar store located in some grey market

Step two- walk out with a ps5 after paying a "tax" over the MRP. 

I no pay tax :nerves:

This bot thing sounds like it works, will try that for a bit. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RV1709 said:

You should be the one touching grass and all since you posting here bunch of nonsense  24/7.

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Does this bot add stuff to your cart? Will EMI work? 

Just start the bot say 5 mins before restock.

Its basically a chrome plugin. Just go to the plugins tab. Move through the options till u get amazon ps5 disk/digital (ur choice)

Start it 5 mins early and the bot will put the PS5 in your cart. For me at 11:57 the PS5 was in the cart (3 mins before restock started... And I checked on mobile. It actually added to cart 3 mins before add to cart button even showed up)

At 11:59 I had successfully ordered a PS5.

I looked over at the mobile and the add to cart button didn't show up for another minute. The entire process was done while others were waiting for add to cart.

Which is why this bot it great. Other sites its useless. Because on Amazon. Once u get it in cart. 99% it won't redirect you back. It might but then just restart the bot and back in the game. Other sites after add to cart u get stuck in queue. Amazon once its in cart.

Almost certainly u will get a PS5.

There is the second bot. It will automatically chose ur saved address and billing address and stuff and take u to the payment page where u put CVV then otp and done

Frankly

If 1st bot works properly. U won't need the second one. Just stick to the first one. 2nd one is just extra speed. Save u 4 - 5 seconds. Because in general anyone looking for a PS5 will have a single saved address and all such stuff to fly through the checkout. So stick with first one. Second not up to u.

If the first bot u start 5 mins early and u got nothing up to 1 min before the restock. Then restart the bot. There will be a small dialog box at the bottom left I think. Simple start stop button. Or if it doesn't show just click on plugins and it will be the first thing you see.

All the best.

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Does this bot add stuff to your cart? Will EMI work? 

Bot does exactly that. Read that essay I just typed above. And yes. Neither of the bots interfere with payment whatsoever. So just go ahead and chose whatever payment u like. Emi or otherwise. And apply any credit card deals or whatever there may be applicable.

I bought a TV along with the PS5. Cheched in both together. Put the TV in cart beforehand and then second bot I didn't use cause it kept checking out only the TV before the ps5 stocked. That gave me a big discount because there was some deal for 15% off or something for 1 lakh + purchases. So if u r checking out 2 items by any chance. Use only 1st bot.

Lemme know how it goes.