Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2022

Snake

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I can totally see this as Game pass dayone this fall.

Chances are still 50/50. 

It’s a huge cake & deal won’t be done until 2023. 

So unless the investors have their money in their pockets they wouldn’t wona lose the revenue point blank. 

M$ will have to pull super ultra massive level flushing out of funds & make everyone involved believe that no one will lose anything even in worse case scenario. 
They are obviously capable of doing that but end of the day it’s corporate & not private business to satisfy some ego. 

It will obviously more than fill in the dent of having absolutely nothing even this year so that’s there. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

I can totally see this as Game pass dayone this fall.

Doubtful. Acti hasn’t made money on their last two games as much as they did on MW2019.  They won’t let that slide for MW2

Next year there is no Call Of Duty campaign. 
Just WarZone 2. 

So they simply won’t benefit from this deal in same vein until 2024.

They might just pull all horses to make it happen & they do have a lot of horses. 

50/50 as I say.

20 hours ago, RV1709 said:

Doubtful. Acti hasn’t made money on their last two games as much as they did on MW2019.  They won’t let that slide for MW2

Lets see. Acti is about to join MS. I think they not say no if MS tells them.

Im not saying 100% guarantee it will not join but MS needs a big fall game pass game and since Activision joining MS, i can totally see them asking for game pass release as well. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

Lol this ain’t no Indian arrange marriage. :lol: 

Where the bride’s family can’t say no :lol: 

Until & unless the deal is through & all shareholders have their money in their accounts they wouldn’t wona risk the revenue of something as big as MW franchise. 

I don’t think M$ can convince them with anything else other than they’re stake in it. 

If M$ pays up before MW2 release only then it’s possible….I don’t see any other way. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Lol this ain’t no Indian arrange marriage. :lol: 

Where the bride’s family can’t say no :lol: 

Until & unless the deal is through & all shareholders have their money in their accounts they wouldn’t wona risk the revenue of something as big as MW franchise. 

I don’t think M$ can convince them with anything else other than they’re stake in it. 

If M$ pays up before MW2 release only then it’s possible….I don’t see any other way. 

All shareholders voted yes for the deal afaik based on reports. Only last  big hurdle is FTC related stuff.

I say again there's high chance of it showing up since they wil not have any big 1st party AAA this fall apart from FM8 maybe. Lets see what they show in June.

Now if there's a marketing deal placed with Sony for MW2 then i can understand it could be difficult for them to put it in game pass, but again we got Sony 1st party game on game pass already, so you never know :P

MLB had a redesigned deal with Sony. 
Activision hasn’t had that yet & they can’t walk out of the deal. 

Thanks for reminding this as this is yet another thing that’s a big hurdle.

Usually they sign marketing deals only for games that they know can’t show up on rival subscription. 

As for shareholders voting yes….that doesn’t mean they got they money already. 
Until & unless they get their money no one in their right minds would approve a cash cow going free. 
Specially when they know that FTC & NYC is looming around for n number of investigations. 

So as I said….only & only if M$ makes an arrangement to pay up the projected revenue of MW2 as an advance assurance from those $68b,I don’t see this happening.

Which obviously they can but as you said even in that Sony’s ongoing contract for COD could be a real hurdle. 

To sum it up,50/50.

• Like 1

M$ is desperate…..more than ever it has been as it has sold something it didn’t even have yet. 

They need to make up for it. 

One more big questionable problem is the retail channels. 
If they announce it as GamesPass title at the last minute the retail partners will be super pissed as millions go into the logistics & distribution.

If the retail partners & distributors invest so much money only to later be revealed as a freebie title….they’ll be shell shocked & super pissed,can even unite & do legal proceedings. 

3 hours ago, AnK said:

M$ is desperate…..more than ever it has been as it has sold something it didn’t even have yet. 

They need to make up for it. 

One more big questionable problem is the retail channels. 
If they announce it as GamesPass title at the last minute the retail partners will be super pissed as millions go into the logistics & distribution.

If the retail partners & distributors invest so much money only to later be revealed as a freebie title….they’ll be shell shocked & super pissed,can even unite & do legal proceedings. 

Apply the craigfinite model with some adjustments.

MP( normal not warzone bs ) will be f2p for GP

SP will be DLC for digital but on-disc for retail

58 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Apply the craigfinite model with some adjustments.

MP( normal not warzone bs ) will be f2p for GP

SP will be DLC for digital but on-disc for retail

Just doesn’t work if you are doing it the last minute.

Major marketing & sales planning hurdles.

This is COD MW we talkin about.