Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

Tell how did you feel about XBOX/BETHESDA 2022 Showcase?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

No point in making it next gen exclusive if it doesn't have next gen features.

Even for Starfield, I am curious what they are doing that makes last gen version unfeasible. Since even UE5 that is said to be leading next gen engines just got a release.

Maybe seamless moving from planet to planet or spaceship. Would be interesting to see what benefit they get apart from load times.

The graphics...

If what they showed in teasers and trailer was in-engine then I gotta say that kindda graphics in 3rd person and first person will be taxing on old gen. Plus the recent leak of a dev saying that it's may not be as good as HFW graphics wise made a blunt comparison because Bethesda games has very much details in the world because of it's first person and 3rd person nature. There are lots of objects in the world.

HFW isn't that dense interms of objects. Starfield's graphics per object, and the fact the density of assets on screen might be having high memory pool and processing count. As high density world require very high processing resources plus, as we know from Bethesda games that the world remembers all the object placement (basically you can increase a scene budget by brining more stuffs into a room an dumping it) Last gen lacks in both memory and CPU power. 

And, I know people criticize CDPR for CP2077....but that game's engine also remembers object placement in a way. And the dense world asset streaming was very hard on last gen due to bandwidth limitation and hardware. So it's a good thing that Bethesda ditched last gen for Starfield. Would have hold them back and possibly could have issue running the game on old gen anyway.

Edited by SaiKO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SaiKO said:

The graphics...

If what they showed in teasers and trailer was in-engine then I gotta say that kindda graphics in 3rd person and first person will be taxing on old gen.

Just for the record 

FM8 teaser also said in-engine & was visibly absolutely not possible on old gen. 

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

Just for the record 

FM8 teaser also said in-engine & was visibly absolutely not possible on old gen. 

What's FM8?

2 hours ago, AnK said:

Just for the record 

Everything on old gen will be possible till current gen stock issues resolve and install base builds up.

1 hour ago, Walker said:

Can't wait for some sort of AI that can auto move baity posts to the vs thread directly once you hit submit :lol:

Even better - create bot handles that directly post all baity posts to the forum. Why even have manual intevention? :tongue:

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’m expecting a good 15-20 minute gameplay demo of Starfield with a new release date, trailers for the FH5 expansions and a high profile game announcement for gamepass to soften the starfield delay

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

I’m expecting a good 15-20 minute gameplay demo of Starfield with a new release date, trailers for the FH5 expansions and a high profile game announcement for gamepass to soften the starfield delay

Do they usually do such long demos? I'm expecting a shorter demo with a post-event show with more gameplay and deep dive.