The Headphones Thread

dylanjosh

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Why chose these over WFXM3/4 or Momentum 3 ?

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Placing a lot of trust on Google

You've answered it for me. :D

I have tried the XM3 and they somehow don't fit in my ears properly. Yes, this is a bit of a gamble, but the initial reviews seem fairly positive.

• Like 1

Would like to say I bought the Sony XM4 headphones couple of months ago. I really love it. One of the best purchases I've made easily and totally worth the money. Noise cancellation is great. Put on some white noise and it blocks out everything. The box it comes in is really neat too. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 11:50 AM, dylanjosh said:

Would like to say I bought the Sony XM4 headphones couple of months ago. I really love it. One of the best purchases I've made easily and totally worth the money. Noise cancellation is great. Put on some white noise and it blocks out everything. The box it comes in is really neat too. 

3 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Yup. The XM4s are amazing! Used them at work, and they're really great for drowning out everyone else's voices with ANC and a little lofi music playing. 

Thinking of buying it for quite sometime but one thing is stopping me is the comfort. How comfortable are they to wear for long time? 

I usually hate headphones because they make my ear really warm and I start to sweat a lot and the ears start paining that's the reason I stick to using IEM or TWS which do not suffer from the heat on ears issue. 

Does the XM4 suffer from the same especially since it will be used while on the travel and it's really hot already outside and don't want my ears get more heated. 

2 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

I usually hate headphones because they make my ear really warm and I start to sweat a lot and the ears start paining that's the reason I stick to using IEM or TWS which do not suffer from the heat on ears issue. 

Go for Bose then. The comfiest pair of headphones you will ever own. 

7 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Yeah they may not work for you then. I'm sitting in the AC and can't wear it more than an hour, but that's the max I need it for at a time, so works for me. 

Thanks for the heads up

6 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

It's pretty comfy. I've worn it for hours at a time and had no issue but I didn't wear it when it was hot out  

So since these have really good ANC was planning to use them while daily commuting and it's pretty much hot outside every day. 

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Go for Bose then. The comfiest pair of headphones you will ever own. 

Thing is Bose do not drop in price ever and even if they do not as much as Sony. So they are pretty much out of my budget. 

50 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Thing is Bose do not drop in price ever and even if they do not as much as Sony. So they are pretty much out of my budget. 

Yup. But you’ll not get a better earpad than Bose. Extreme comfort. 

The Pixel Buds Pro are good. Superbly comfortable.

Full disclaimer: I'm not an in-depth audio-person, so I may not be able to describe things very accurately.

The sound stage is quite nice. Pleasing to the ears. And I love the fact that I can hear all of the music despite not keeping the buds at full volume. My previous TWS were the Pixel Buds A-Series (which I thought were really good :fear: ), and the Pixel Buds Pro are miles ahead in terms of audio quality!

I don't have a good enough frame of reference in terms of ANC. But, at a busy café, the buds cut the ambient sound (mostly room sound and indistinct chatter) and only if someone is speaking close to me, I could hear that, but that sound was very tinny. Mind you, this is when the buds are just plugged in with ANC on and no music was playing. Once the music starts, the sound is so immersive that I could have easily forgotten that I was in the café in the first place. I kept the volume level in the buds at around 7 or 8.

Another place I tried it was at Colaba Social (a pub which has quite loud music blasting through their speakers) and this is where the buds blew me away. This was like an extreme test. With ANC on (without any music), the ambient sound was gone, but the music from the pub speakers was getting through, again, sounded very minor. But, once I started the music in the Buds Pro, I was surprised to find out that I couldn't hear the sound from the pub speakers at all. My brother tried it too and he was impressed as well! The volume had to be kept on full, though.

Overall, I love how comfortable it is, and the exterior is kinda flat, so it's appropriate for side-sleepers (me), too! I'm in love with the sound. It's so much better than the A-Series which, looking back, is not a very high bar to clear. The Pixel Buds Pro sound full and rich. Totally love that part! The Transparency mode is useful too, and it amplifies the ambient sound just to the right amount. I guess there's some intelligent Google-algorithm processing happening to make that mode work. And yeah, the ANC just works. Works, very very well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Overall, I love how comfortable it is, and the exterior is kinda flat, so it's appropriate for side-sleepers (me),

This is good to hear. Not many buds for side sleepers (like me too!). Definitely not the XM3/4/MTWS. 

11 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

The Pixel Buds Pro are good. Superbly comfortable.

Full disclaimer: I'm not an in-depth audio-person, so I may not be able to describe things very accurately.

The sound stage is quite nice. Pleasing to the ears. And I love the fact that I can hear all of the music despite not keeping the buds at full volume. My previous TWS were the Pixel Buds A-Series (which I thought were really good :fear: ), and the Pixel Buds Pro are miles ahead in terms of audio quality!

I don't have a good enough frame of reference in terms of ANC. But, at a busy café, the buds cut the ambient sound (mostly room sound and indistinct chatter) and only if someone is speaking close to me, I could hear that, but that sound was very tinny. Mind you, this is when the buds are just plugged in with ANC on and no music was playing. Once the music starts, the sound is so immersive that I could have easily forgotten that I was in the café in the first place. I kept the volume level in the buds at around 7 or 8.

Another place I tried it was at Colaba Social (a pub which has quite loud music blasting through their speakers) and this is where the buds blew me away. This was like an extreme test. With ANC on (without any music), the ambient sound was gone, but the music from the pub speakers was getting through, again, sounded very minor. But, once I started the music in the Buds Pro, I was surprised to find out that I couldn't hear the sound from the pub speakers at all. My brother tried it too and he was impressed as well! The volume had to be kept on full, though.

Overall, I love how comfortable it is, and the exterior is kinda flat, so it's appropriate for side-sleepers (me), too! I'm in love with the sound. It's so much better than the A-Series which, looking back, is not a very high bar to clear. The Pixel Buds Pro sound full and rich. Totally love that part! The Transparency mode is useful too, and it amplifies the ambient sound just to the right amount. I guess there's some intelligent Google-algorithm processing happening to make that mode work. And yeah, the ANC just works. Works, very very well!

Very helpful indeed, thank you! :thumbsup:

Might not be super relevant to the thread but still ask since a lot of audiophiles would be lurking here. Do you guys really see a noticeable difference between Apple Music and Spotify when using XM4 or similar high quality earphones? I tried listening to same tracks on both apps and did notice that Apple music is a tad louder and I swear I could hear the sound as more vibrant or maybe spaced around me. Could well be just a placebo effect or maybe I'm just hearing things so wanted to check with you guys before I eventually decide if its worth to switch from Spotify to Apple music once my subscription ends. 

On 7/30/2022 at 8:55 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yup. But you’ll not get a better earpad than Bose. Extreme comfort. 

How easy or difficult is it to replace the earpads on the xm4 with a better aftermarket one?