Resident Evil 4

RV1709

8 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

The only downside of this trailer is the release date. 

Otherwise f**king epic. 3 AAA Horror games after December. 

Glad to see it finally announced. Next is Silent Hills and The last of us remake. Hopefully reveal on June 9th in SGF. 

You know with the influx of padded open world games, getting linear horror is a breath of fresh air!

Edited by RV1709
  • Like 1

Survival horror reimagined for 2023.

Hi PlayStation fans! We are excited to finally be able to talk about Resident Evil 4!

Resident Evil 4 is a remake of the 2005 game Resident Evil 4. When it first came out, Resident Evil 4 revolutionized the Resident Evil franchise with its new game-style that combined action, shooting, and resource management elements, subsequently setting the standard for future Resident Evil titles.

This time, the game is being developed to achieve state-of-the-art quality for a survival horror suitable for 2023, while preserving the essence of the original game. We aim to make the game feel familiar to fans of the series, while also providing a fresh feeling to it. This is being done by reimagining the storyline of the game while keeping the essence of its direction, modernizing the graphics and updating the controls to a modern standard.

The story thus far

Six years have passed since the biological disaster in Racoon City. 

Leon S. Kennedy, one of the survivors of the incident, has been recruited as an agent reporting directly to the president.

With the experience of multiple missions on his back, Leon is sent to rescue the kidnapped daughter of the president of the United States.

He tracks her to a secluded European village, where there is something terribly wrong with the villagers.

And the curtain rises on this story of grueling survival horror and rescue.

Resident Evil 4 is the latest survival horror game where life and death intersect with terror and catharsis. Scheduled to release on March 24, 2023.

23 hours ago, RV1709 said:

What I noticed is they’ve taken away the cheesiness of the original and leaned more into horror so I’m excited to play this completely different take

It's been 18 years,obviously they'll have to tweak the screenplay to make it look more believable & less stupid.

Damn I was just 18 when this came out & 18 more years have crossed by.

22 hours ago, RV1709 said:

You know with the influx of padded open world games, getting linear horror is a breath of fresh air!

I think the only logical design for this would be a semi-open world like Tomb Raider & GoW reboots.

One already had a lot  back tracking moments in the original.

Edited by AnK

Is this story in succession to one , two & three ? 

Are those games already remastered for the Ps4 ?

Lastly , which one is the best place to start if i’m getting into the series for the first time ? 

4 minutes ago, _Krypton_ said:

Is this story in succession to one , two & three ? 

Are those games already remastered for the Ps4 ?

Lastly , which one is the best place to start if i’m getting into the series for the first time ? 

Story is in succession but each entry has its own unique script & apart from the “outbreak under umbrella’s nose” nothing really carry forwards. 

RE1 has been remade but the design is still very old school & it’s a really old game which nothing much to offer in terms of Story anyway you can Google the events easily. 

Starting RE2 Remake Capcom decided to redesign the entire game into modern structure & completely revamped the design. 
It’s basically a modern take on the old story. 

RE3 was more of an expansion for that as the events take place simultaneously.

It’s better to buy as a bundle & both games are being patched for next gen too.(Ray Tracing & all) 

So the whole 2-4 trilogy will be next gen & totally worth playing. 

• Like 1