Resident Evil 4

RV1709

Proper huge open world will obviously be undesirable. 
But Something like even UC Lost Legacy/TLOU2 would be appropriate IMO. 

Just creating screen by screen corridors from the old game in new assets won’t bring much worthwhile to the table. 

Considering this game has been remastered for every gen. 

Edited by AnK

1 minute ago, Mysteryman said:

Which successful survival horror game has an open world setting? 

TLOU2 the kind I am talking about. 

Days Gone full open world 

(successful in terms of sales & word of mouth) 

6 minutes ago, AnK said:

But TLOU2 is not open world. It is a mostly a linear game. 

IMO they are not true survival horror games. 

They’re more of zombie orgy shoot ‘‘em up. Lack of scares and tension. Similar to Dead Rising. 

Edited by Mysteryman

4 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Dying Light

Yep that’s another good example & series. 

2 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

But TLOU2 is not open world. It is a mostly a linear game. 

IMO they are not true survival horror games. 

I don’t think RE4 ever was either. 
It was a totally action/survival oriented game. 
I don’t remember a single instance I had a jump scare. 

It was a full of tension gameplay & that’s what even TLOU has been all about. 

But anyway it’s too long a discussion for something invisible,I think let’s wait till actual gameplay demos to discuss this further. 

10 minutes ago, AnK said:

Days gone is action. I don’t classify it as horror. 

The only one I know who dabbled semi open world is evil within 2 

1 minute ago, RV1709 said:

Days gone is action. I don’t classify it as horror. 

The only one I know who dabbled semi open world is evil within 2 

Yes Evil Within is an excellent example of semi open world. 

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yep that’s another good example & series. 

I don’t think RE4 ever was either. 
It was a totally action/survival oriented game. 
I don’t remember a single instance I had a jump scare. 

It was a full of tension gameplay & that’s what even TLOU has been all about. 

But anyway it’s too long a discussion for something invisible,I think let’s wait till actual gameplay demos to discuss this further. 

Yes for the original RE4 and it seems that the remake attempt to add horror elements by changing the scenery to night and adding cut content like dolls and ghosts. 

21 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Yes for the original RE4 and it seems that the remake attempt to add horror elements by changing the scenery to night and adding cut content like dolls and ghosts. 

Yep most of the reasons why RE4 was moved from horror to action was technical. 
But now they can create the actual grizzly woods atmosphere & the jump scares that would come along. :wOOtjumpy:

Turning the game into a proper horror could be the real catalyst of this redesign. 

If they are remaking Resident Evil 5, I would prefer rebooting it. See below link

https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Rejected_content_from_Resident_Evil_5

https://www.relyonhorror.com/in-depth/resident-evil-5-beta-4-5-information-lost-scrapped-concepts/

The original version of the game:

Had Resident Evil 4-style gameplay (much like the final product).

More horror elements than the final product.

Chris Redfield is still jacked, but with a slimmer build.

Chris is portrayed as a lone survivor instead of having a partner.

The town is a bioweapon warzone, with safe areas around the map from where civilians placed barricades to protect themselves.

Enemies include sprinting Dawn of the Dead-style zombies (T-virus), crows, a new Tyrant, Lickers, and El Gigantes.

Sheva plays a different role in the game, as a local instead of a BSAA operative. She would help Chris at specific points in the game as an NPC.

Albert Wesker was using Jill for research, instead of brainwashing her. Tricell also had a different CEO (who Excella worked for) that Wesker kills to take over the company with Excella at his side.

Jill would be assumed dead at the start of the game. Chris and Sheva were going to discover Jill Valentine in a capsule at a Tricell facility and free her.

Barry Burton is a supporting character that helps Chris throughout the story.

An actual payoff to Albert Wesker's obsession with the Tyrant from the first game as "the ultimate lifeform." This Tyrant would be able to crawl under the sand and pop out of the ground.

A new Merchant.

You can steal ammo and items from the Merchant, which would cause him to stop selling to you similar to shooting him in Resident Evil 4.

If you knock on his shop, he would ask you if all the zombies in the area are taken care of.

Zombie swarm attacks.

The game originally had dodging mechanics that were scrapped.

A night stage involving Chris fighting a group of Lickers was removed.

Excella was originally killed by the Tyrant.

In one sequence, Tricell would release 10-15 El Gigantes onto the village at once, and Chris and his team would be forced to escape (with the help of Barry and Jill).

Another sequence involves the player fighting a group of El Gigantes with a team of BSAA agents.

The Uroboros was a common enemy type instead of a world-ending threat.

The helicopter crash would be a playable event instead of a QTE.

One alternate path would have Jill die for real in the game. However, if you avoid this alternate path, she would survive.

In one section, Chris would have to jump from pillar to pillar as a horde of zombies from the crowd below shakes the pillars. If you failed, you would fall and die a gruesome death.

The flashback where Wesker kills Spencer would have played right before the final boss fight in the Volcano. Wesker doesn't infect himself with Uroboros and the only way to beat him is to find his weaknesses.

Click the link above if you want the full specifics, but I would love to see this version of the game made into a reality. It definitely fits, especially given the darker direction Capcom is taking Resident Evil 4.

A code Veronica remake would be awesome too. 

Edited by Mysteryman
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

If they are remaking Resident Evil 5, I would prefer rebooting it. See below link

https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Rejected_content_from_Resident_Evil_5

https://www.relyonhorror.com/in-depth/resident-evil-5-beta-4-5-information-lost-scrapped-concepts/

The original version of the game:

Had Resident Evil 4-style gameplay (much like the final product).

More horror elements than the final product.

Chris Redfield is still jacked, but with a slimmer build.

Chris is portrayed as a lone survivor instead of having a partner.

The town is a bioweapon warzone, with safe areas around the map from where civilians placed barricades to protect themselves.

Enemies include sprinting Dawn of the Dead-style zombies (T-virus), crows, a new Tyrant, Lickers, and El Gigantes.

Sheva plays a different role in the game, as a local instead of a BSAA operative. She would help Chris at specific points in the game as an NPC.

Albert Wesker was using Jill for research, instead of brainwashing her. Tricell also had a different CEO (who Excella worked for) that Wesker kills to take over the company with Excella at his side.

Jill would be assumed dead at the start of the game. Chris and Sheva were going to discover Jill Valentine in a capsule at a Tricell facility and free her.

Barry Burton is a supporting character that helps Chris throughout the story.

An actual payoff to Albert Wesker's obsession with the Tyrant from the first game as "the ultimate lifeform." This Tyrant would be able to crawl under the sand and pop out of the ground.

A new Merchant.

You can steal ammo and items from the Merchant, which would cause him to stop selling to you similar to shooting him in Resident Evil 4.

If you knock on his shop, he would ask you if all the zombies in the area are taken care of.

Zombie swarm attacks.

The game originally had dodging mechanics that were scrapped.

A night stage involving Chris fighting a group of Lickers was removed.

Excella was originally killed by the Tyrant.

In one sequence, Tricell would release 10-15 El Gigantes onto the village at once, and Chris and his team would be forced to escape (with the help of Barry and Jill).

Another sequence involves the player fighting a group of El Gigantes with a team of BSAA agents.

The Uroboros was a common enemy type instead of a world-ending threat.

The helicopter crash would be a playable event instead of a QTE.

One alternate path would have Jill die for real in the game. However, if you avoid this alternate path, she would survive.

In one section, Chris would have to jump from pillar to pillar as a horde of zombies from the crowd below shakes the pillars. If you failed, you would fall and die a gruesome death.

The flashback where Wesker kills Spencer would have played right before the final boss fight in the Volcano. Wesker doesn't infect himself with Uroboros and the only way to beat him is to find his weaknesses.

Click the link above if you want the full specifics, but I would love to see this version of the game made into a reality. It definitely fits, especially given the darker direction Capcom is taking Resident Evil 4.

A code Veronica remake would be awesome too. 

These original reveals depict some of the directions stated above.

Yes it just doesn’t make any sense to Remake 5 if they don’t redo the entire concept & design(possibly what they had in mind earlier). 

Imagine making a co-op all over again!! :rofl: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Re6 though ?

I’m playing that as we speak.

I started it on PS3 back when it launched but it was obviously not very attractive so it got lost in gen transition. 

Recently I didn’t have access to a 4K tv for short while so decided to clear all unfinished 1080p games that I left. 
So bought it for ₹500.

It’s just not an RE game & is a poor take on UC/Gears. 
Should be left as it is as it’s nothing more than a summer blockbuster star studded RE animated movie which just ties all lose ends at the end of the story arc. 

Edited by AnK