Resident Evil 4

RV1709

2 hours ago, Snake said:

They need to keep the merchant intact, voice and all

He’s iconic 

Yep and hope they don;t change that to the REVillage wala merchant who wasn't that funny..

plus this theme music, pls pls pls.. so EPIC just reminds anyone of RE4

The save theme is in such a contrast to all the horror/action sh*t happening all the time that every time you saved a game you felt relief, even just for a few seconds. On PS5 it'll probably save in a second and you'll hardly hear it.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Yeah visually looks nice. The controls were bad though.

That’s why they had to redesign 2 from scratch. 

Some games become so old that apart from the script everything needs to be redesigned. 

I think 4 is one of those too. 
If ppl wanted play the same game in better graphics there are n number of remasters out there & have been coming every generation. 

9 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

The save theme is in such a contrast to all the horror/action sh*t happening all the time that every time you saved a game you felt relief, even just for a few seconds. On PS5 it'll probably save in a second and you'll hardly hear it.

Gotta retain the type writer animation for that :P but ya with autosaves hardly anyone will ge to the type writer saving :(

Hoping for a better QTE implementation during boss fights.. The inventory management was bad with opening briefcase during the mid of the fight, that might ideally follow the VILLAGE mechanics.. 

37 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It's f**king wild that they're just remaking the entire series lol. At this rate, they'll be remaking 7 and 8 too in half a decade. 

I think they want a do over for 5/6 

2 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

And some will still be excited about this milking crap. 

You can hardly call RE2 & 3 remake as “milking”.

They are fully new games. 

I expect something similar from RE4 R or else yes it would be milking. 

33 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Gotta retain the type writer animation for that :P but ya with autosaves hardly anyone will ge to the type writer saving :(

Hoping for a better QTE implementation during boss fights.. The inventory management was bad with opening briefcase during the mid of the fight, that might ideally follow the VILLAGE mechanics.. 

Don't think it will have autosave. Just like RE2 and 3 remakes you'll have to save at the typewriter.

2 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

I think they want a do over for 5/6 

They should end at 5 after giving it it’s original intended design with technical boosts of today’s era. 

After that just release a CG movie on 6’s script.

Close this gawd damn story once & for all forever & let the universe continue in new games. 

Only special games generate interest while being recreated or reimagined.

No one would give two squats if mediocre to good games start getting remakes. 
Same is with the movie industry. 

Also depends on how many experienced the previous take & how much changes are being brought onto the table for the re-do. 

Like DemonSouls was hardly ever played by majority of the Souls Fanbase at large. 
Or games like RE2/3 & FF7 are remade in such a way that they are completely new experiences. 

Other than that remaking/remastering the games over & over with almost everyone having experienced it at some point & they literally offering nothing new in terms of creativity is obviously blatant “milking”. 

58 minutes ago, AnK said:

You can hardly call RE2 & 3 remake as “milking”.

They are fully new games. 

I expect something similar from RE4 R or else yes it would be milking. 

Kya bol raha hai, remakes are a proper milk material. 

Other than improving graphics (using the available engine) redoing the sound and animations there are no other efforts put in the game. The strong base was already there, you just made it fancy. 

This is what industry is going, no need for new ideas or investing in new projects. Just dust off the old ones and people will go crazy over it. 

It maybe the best RE made yet but it's already available if you want to play for cheaper with all the DLC's and upgrades (if there is). Playing old RE2 and 3 I did felt that I'm playing an old a*s game with new graphics. 

Now there will be remake of generation of games. Sold at current new AAA game rates. Some maybe happy about this but not all. 

I'd happily buy Castillo Protocol at full price than Dead Space remake. Know the difference. 

11 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Kya bol raha hai, remakes are a proper milk material. 

Other than improving graphics (using the available engine) redoing the sound and animations there are no other efforts put in the game. The strong base was already there, you just made it fancy. 

Did you play RE games back on PSone?! 
I didn’t finish them but I played…..2 & 3 for sure. 

I suggest you just have a look at them & say what you said again. 

Apart from story & screenplay nothing is in common. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The developers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should

If the newer remake fails, they would have the answer if they shouldn't have or not. I am pretty sure the other RE remakes sold well based ont he data they shared

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

Did you play RE games back on PSone?! 
I didn’t finish them but I played…..2 & 3 for sure. 

I suggest you just have a look at them & say what you said again. 

Apart from story & screenplay nothing is in common. 

All of the main elements were common. Hence, the remake and not new game. 

2 & 3 had gameplay changes to justify 

Re4 had re-released 2 times both HD versions and now releasing again as a remake. 

Guess in future we'll have a remake of the remakes. Maybe the HD versions or so.

I might grab this later in line, not at all excited about this as you are it seems.