Resident Evil 4

RV1709

Now this is how you do a remake! RE4, RE2, AND Dead Space Remake, DS, gold standard for remakes.

However, first complaint from all the re4 vids...the rain looked weird in that chapter, hope there's a way to tune it down. And i dunno, it looked less like a rain to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gamer_adi said:

Now this is how you do a remake! RE4, RE2, AND Dead Space Remake, DS, gold standard for remakes.

However, first complaint from all the re4 vids...the rain looked weird in that chapter, hope there's a way to tune it down. And i dunno, it looked less like a rain to me.

Yeah, the rain reminds me of GTA trilogy remaster. Needs to look less like milk. I’m lactose intolerant so it’s giving me anxiety 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Resident Evil 4 Remake Will Have New Game Plus, Photo Mode.

https://www.psu.com/news/resident-evil-4-remake-will-have-new-game-plus-photo-mode/

These rapid fires generally don’t yield anything but I guess Krauser confirmed, dog not dead, village bigger, no stalker enemies (we will see!), no Hookman from re 3.5 

14 hours ago, RV1709 said:

These rapid fires generally don’t yield anything but I guess Krauser confirmed, dog not dead, village bigger, no stalker enemies (we will see!), no Hookman from re 3.5 

New Resident Evil 4 Remake details:

Plot follows events of RE2R

Main village is bigger now

"Almost no" QTEs

Photo mode and NG+ confirmed

Garrador & Regenerators confirmed

No Hookman

Krauser is more powered up

Ada Wong plays a big role

• Like 1

from resetera :

- soundtrack is approximately 30% tracks from the original and 70% new

- both the merchant and save theme are in, of course

- every single track used from the original was remade and will be featured in a brand new version

- new tracks were implemented based on the feel and ideas of the classic, it respects and follows its intentions 

-in terms of new audio tech they mentioned a "portal system" which was used partially in Village, but now has been fully implemented throughout the game; it basically uses doors/windows to accurately communicate sounds inside and outside environments 

- Del Lago was a lot of trial and error for sounds but they achieved something proper

- music runs completely dynamic depending on non-combat and fighting scenarios; there are multiple layers and variations depending on what the player is doing

- audio direction was a mix between state of the art tech and recapturing what sounded good in the original 

- the goal was to show fans of the original how much care it was put into its beloved aspects, and for newer players, for it to match their best received titles like RE:2 and Village

• Like 1