Resident Evil 4

RV1709

1 hour ago, RV1709 said:

that trailer! Everytime I saw a section, it would take me back to that section of the original.  This is a strong contender for GOTY. It has to be. The original was 

As pretty as it looks, it won't be a goty or even a contender. 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Why not? RE2R was a contender and almost won it.  It looks like they made enough changes to the game so it can stand on its own.

56 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Why? Original re4 was, re2R was. Why would this not be?

What I feel is there are brand new games released and will be releasing this year. So remakes will take a side show. 

This game is confusing me. :nerves:

Should I get it or not? 

I don't play remakes if I have played original, with few exceptions. 

This looks like a new experience for most part, but not fully. 

Either way, looking very good. Maybe I will just stick to RE8 and RE2 that I have installed.

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Should I get it or not? 

Either way, looking very good. Maybe I will just stick to RE8 and RE2 that I have installed.

won’t you wanna wait for it to drop on gamepass like all games?

11 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Should I get it or not? 

Get it imo. RE4 was legendary, and the remake looks excellent. 

Do complete re2 remake and RE-Village though, if not done already.

For some people like me who have never played Resident Evil games, will this be a good starting point?
Liked the gunplay and atmosphere here. My reference for survival horror action games is Dead Space, Evil Within 2, Dead Space 2, Callisto Protocol. I find the RE 4 remake having similarity with evil within 2 in terms of gameplay & TPS view. Any guidance if this game is like Dead space, evil within?

1 hour ago, stingray said:

For some people like me who have never played Resident Evil games, will this be a good starting point?
Liked the gunplay and atmosphere here. My reference for survival horror action games is Dead Space, Evil Within 2, Dead Space 2, Callisto Protocol. I find the RE 4 remake having similarity with evil within 2 in terms of gameplay & TPS view. Any guidance if this game is like Dead space, evil within?

This is very good. Thats all. Must play.

Less scary than Dead Space, more action oriented with greater variety in things to do. 

Evil Within 2 i didn't like so did not finish it. But it's creature design was really good. This one is almost as good.

3 hours ago, stingray said:

RE4 has pretty much influenced all these games. 

Also with the modernized controls in the remake, you're sure to feel right at home.

And yeah, RE4 is a decent starting point. But if you have time at hand, I would suggest playing RE2R as well. 

9 hours ago, stingray said:

Pls do play re2 remake, re8, re7 and re1 remake 

On 2/25/2023 at 2:36 PM, stingray said:

Dead Space is inspired by Resident Evil Franchise itself. It was called "RE in space" when it launched. So yeah, should be good for you too.