Resident Evil 4

RV1709

21 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

After all these years, the cabin Fight. GOAT for a reason.

b2ludGVkLmdpZg.gif

haha fond memories and its been a while :fear1: Only this time there's no one to pass the controller to :cry:

• Like 1

I’m realising I am feeling less tensed in sections where the OG (perhaps due to poor controls) give me anxiety.  While these are beautifully 1:1 created, the anxiety is missing :(

maybe I’ve gotten better at video games. The last time an RE truly made me pee my pants was the chainsaw fight in re7 

16 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

I’m realising I am feeling less tensed in sections where the OG (perhaps due to poor controls) give me anxiety.  While these are beautifully 1:1 created, the anxiety is missing :(

maybe I’ve gotten better at video games. The last time an RE truly made me pee my pants was the chainsaw fight in re7 

Yeah same here only 1/2 encounters (Cabin fight being one of those) have been truly scary/challenging .  But i think that's because we are playing at lesser difficulty . Having played the original multiple times -

Hardcore difficulty would have been the better choice .

With the atmosphere and sound this game has playing at Hardcore would have given way more moments of anxiety. 

10 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

The OG Gamecube version is genuinely a hard game. They lowered the difficulty for later ports, but still it is one of the first games to have dynamic difficulty, and it always swung opposite and not in favor of the player.

I’ve read the OG also had dynamic difficulty which scaled up or down depending on how you faired.

5 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

The OG Gamecube version is genuinely a hard game. They lowered the difficulty for later ports, but still it is one of the first games to have dynamic difficulty, and it always swung opposite and not in favor of the player.

Play on professional?