Resident Evil 4

RV1709

Starting this, never played the original, but I’ve played the remakes and the new games.

I’m using this to calibrate an OLED TV. Does this feel a little washed out on the PS5? Doesn’t feel as pretty as the other RE remakes. 

6 hours ago, Vamos said:

Is there a super easy baby mode or something like unlimited ammo cheat? 

Asking for a friend. 

One of my friend says yes there is. 

4 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Mann, missed one side mission in Abondoned Factory.. can't go there again. Listen to what Merchant says.. he actually warns  if you can't come back again

Focus.. Man this game is linear and somewhat feels like old school but it's done so well that it's literally addicting. 

Also Resident Evil 4 Remake tops 168K concurrent players on Steam making it by far the biggest launch in the history of the franchise.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, zen said:

Starting this, never played the original, but I’ve played the remakes and the new games.

I’m using this to calibrate an OLED TV. Does this feel a little washed out on the PS5? Doesn’t feel as pretty as the other RE remakes. 

Turn off chromatic aberrations and depth of field 

8 hours ago, zen said:

Not sure if it's a thing on consoles, but check the game's settings for something called 'Color Space' and change it from sRGB to Rec709. Adjust brightness accordingly.

See if that makes a difference.

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Summary:

- Limited capture to first 2 hours of game, still be ware of spoilers.

- Resolutions and Visuals:

- Series X roughly hits 1800p in performance and 2160p in resolution mode, both w/ checker boarding.
- Resolution mode is a bit clear but both hold up pretty similarly owing to the games dark contrasty nature.

- PS5 in performance mode comes around 1944p and resolution at 2160p
- Looks 'substantially blurrier'. The game is smeary on PS5 on opaque surfaces and a lot of break up on transparencies and a lot of SSAO shimmer as well.

- Series S renders at 1080p in performance and 1440p in resolution.
- Series S takes a hit in texture quality but otherwise very close to the others.
- Series S, despite lower resolution, has about the same amount of aliasing as PS5

- Turning Resolution mode On and RT Off also disables Screen Space Resolutions for some reason. A baffling issue. But DF thinks the RE engine SSR is bad so they would have rather removed it entirely.
- Lens Distortion and Chromatic Aberration is advised to be turned off. It degrades the IQ and PS5 is especially effected with a very soft resolve.
- Hair Strand should be disabled, DF (Oliver specifically) likes the non-strand hair. The lighting also doesn't play nice with Strand = On.
- RT improves presentation but only applies to reflections, does not apply to all surfaces and is rendered in low quality.
- Series S does not have RT on/off toggle but the resolution mode enables RT reflections by default at a very low resolution. It does not have Hair Strands either.

- Performance:

- Series X, without RT/hair runs a tested scene at 60 but as you enable things like RT and Hair, it starts dropping performance to a big extent. Even with everything off the performance can fall in combat scenarios to mid/low 50s.
- Resolution mode drops even more than the performance mode. Can drop as low as mid 30s with everything enabled in Resolution mode.
- PS5 is much the same but the average frame rate is higher in all modes.
- In Frame rate mode with everything off, drops to mid 50s in combat.
- In Resolution mode bottoms out at high 40s and everything enabled at low 40s.
- Series S runs worse than both the above, but it has RT locked on in Resolution mode as well.
- Series S frame rate mode spend between 50 and 60 and Resolution mode drops to low 30s in combat.

- DF's recommendation: Stick to frame rate mode.
- If you have a VRR display, then enable Ray Tracing.
- 'Xbox players have a bit more latitude to play with' thanks to the larger VRR window, at the cost of response fluidity.

- Overall, Oliver is 'not really happy' with all the modes and none of them having locked performance. Would have preferred a simple 30 and 60 FPS toggle instead.
- DF also encountered some visual bugs like flickering water in their testing.
- Xbox versions controller dead zone response is tackled. Neither console feels very responsive but Series version has the added dead zones on top.

- Last Gen:

- PS4 version is 'an impressive effort taken as a whole'
- But a lot of differences when seen side by side
- Texture resolution very low and a lot of streaming issues
- Lighting also downgraded with low quality GI and missing shadows from dynamic light sources.
- No SSR and sub surface scattering either.
- Foliage lacks animation and enemies drop to half frame rate at medium distance.

- PS4; 900p, only one visual mode. PS4 Pro: Frame Rate: 972p, Res: 4K w/ checker boarding.
- PS4: Generally between 35-50.
- PS4 Pro Performance: 60 in quiet areas and drops to low 50s in combat similar to Series X
- PS4 Pro Resolution mode is the worst performer in all the tested versions, in low 30s and drops to 20s.

As good as this game is it's not properly optimized. Nothing groundbreaking stuff in the entire game but still there are quite a few performance issues. Even PC is having few and there's a heavy denuvo on top of it. 

6 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

- Looks 'substantially blurrier'. The game is smeary on PS5 on opaque surfaces and a lot of break up on transparencies and a lot of SSAO shimmer as well.

There’s another problem with ps5 version as below. They should fix this blurry-ness and flickering issues in next patches.

Good that I skipped RE4 at launch as I am going to play RE2&3 soon, will play RE4 after that, hopefully ps5 version will be fixed by that time

40 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Did anyone receive pre order bonus with physical Standard edition ? 

T-shirt is definitely good but that was separate right. 

Was there any Bonus ? I didn't get any.. 

TShirt is free, only GTS exclusive 

Edited by Assassins Creed

22 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

There are some preorder bonus like cases and perks. You recieve it as soon as you get to the first typewriter. 

18 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

There are some preorder bonus like cases and perks. You recieve it as soon as you get to the first typewriter. 

Yeah for those with digital edition you get it at typewriter. But those with Physical would need to enter code for it which we didn't get.  

43 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Yes Gold attache case and Handgun Ammo charm.  Yeah T-shirt is free and separate from pre-order code.