The Last of Us : Part I

KnackChap

Remake actually looks really good. 

I'm sure it will be visually impressive as TLOU2.

But nothing....nothing justifies that 5k pricetag in any way. TLOU2 was priced at 4k and that's a NEW game built completely from ground up.

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

Tess is a hardened character. Original portrays this beautifully.

In remake she just almost starts crying. 

Original any day for me.

The original was a bottleneck, not a feature. 

Now she is more human. 

3 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Yeah and the fact that it was pre-rendered so they weren't even held back by hw in them. But if I'm not wrong ND used to hand animate facial animations back then, the switched to full performance capture only from uc4. 

They use motion capture rigs to get a baseline but still correct them and add more lifelike animations by hand.

6 minutes ago, fatpigeon said:

I just had a shower thought. (more like a poop thought but this sounds better)

ND should remake UC1 on the TLOU2 engine. In the ideal world theyd remake all three a'la the Modern Warfare Remastered games (Which are amazing btw)

Legion GIF by eUnited

18 minutes ago, fatpigeon said:

Bait kaha hai bhai.

I recently platinum'd the UC Trilogy. UC1 looks and feels the worst and would benefit the most from a complete remake imo.

Bait isiliye cause it will start another discussion :fear1:

Although I do agree with your opinion about UC1 . 

UC2 was way way better and its still my favourite game in UC/TLOU series. 

It definitely should not be 70$/5k. I honestly thought it would be 3k like legacy of thieves. I know that was a remaster only but cm on. 5k is ridiculous. TLOU2 was 4k at launch and that was a game built from the ground up. There were rumors that this will have TLOU2 combat...true?

55 minutes ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

It definitely should not be 70$/5k. I honestly thought it would be 3k like legacy of thieves. I know that was a remaster only but cm on. 5k is ridiculous. TLOU2 was 4k at launch and that was a game built from the ground up. There were rumors that this will have TLOU2 combat...true?

2000 is the max they should charge as there is already tlou 1 remastered on ps5 via ps4 back compat at 4k60fps performance. Paying anything beyond 2k is just stupidity, Sony should stop this looting 

7 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

TLOU2 has combat of this.

Refined for next gen (PS4).

Well refined would be putting in short. TLOU2 combat is far superior to TLOU combat from what I have seen. They expanded it a fair bit I think. Not very sure. Either ways

TLOU remake

I'll definitely get it when the price drops.

7 hours ago, Azathoth said:

2000 is the max they should charge as there is already tlou 1 remastered on ps5 via ps4 back compat at 4k60fps performance. Paying anything beyond 2k is just stupidity, Sony should stop this looting 

I would have been honestly happy with 3k. Its a very reasonable and sensible price because this is a proper remake and not just a day of the par remaster.

5k is absolutely ridiculous. Its not an FF7R level remake to charge 5k for it. I'm definitely going to get this after a major price drop. Close to 2k ish makes sense I think.

2 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

If the combat is exactly like LOU2 then don’t they need to change levels to adjust for it ? I think they should show off some raw gameplay to justify the price tag 

Probably not exactly like part 2. Joel for eg can't jump or crawl in tall grass, but they can easily add dodge function. That way they can keep the level design same and bring up the AI and stealth to Part 2's levels.

The most noticeable improvement is the HDR and the overall colour grading. 

The trailer already showed better black levels in dark environments, without that greyish hue. 
And the same goes to skin tones of all characters 

10 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Probably not exactly like part 2. Joel for eg can't jump or crawl in tall grass, but they can easily add dodge function. That way they can keep the level design same and bring up the AI and stealth to Part 2's levels.

true. I just hope they can bring the melee diversity from part 2