The Last of Us : Part I

KnackChap

If it doesn’t have TLOU2’s gameplay mechanics, it’s surely a crappy remake. 

But the listing on PSN store literally says “a total overhaul of gameplay mechanics, improved controls, enhanced combat”. 

This is either a preview build or ND is lying and being deceptive about the gameplay. 

26 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

The Gameplay looks similar to TLOU 2 as was  expected.. 

Even the visuals look similar to TLOU 2, I expected better as it was advertised to be built ground up for ps5 

Gameplay is same as part 1 original.

It's similar to part 2 cause part 2 built upon it. 

10 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Gameplay is same as part 1 original.

They can’t add prone, jump or dodge because it’s still the original motion captures they’re using. 

And even the environments wouldn’t allow for it. 

But as mentioned in the video, the movement, enemy AI, NPC behaviour will get a huge upgrade. 

22 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah understand that they’re working with limited resources considering it’s a budget title.

Budget title? Price should have been on the budget side too, right?

this is ps5 propaganda. And a BS and unwanted cashgrab. The whole video gave me that vibe!  

30 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Budget title? Price should have been on the budget side too, right?

this is ps5 propaganda. And a BS and unwanted cashgrab. The whole video gave me that vibe!  

cut them some slack

just imagine how awesome it would be for people who didn’t play this

objectively, this is worth $70 easily considering how super polished the final product is for new players and even ps3 players 

If people think it's overpriced and not worth it, why be pissed off by it? 

Unless you secretly want to play this so badly but the price is being a big hindrance :lol:

Just wait for 2-3 months, physical copies will sell for pennies. 

or

be adamant and don't buy it ever. 

Edited by Vamos
  • Like 1

That video was cringey in a way that they were trying soooo hard to subtly justify the price-tag. Again, just a graphics and fidelity bump, IMO. Staying away from this until it shows up on PS+ (might try the 2-hour trial if the game gets one).

This is fantastic for first-time players, though. Lovely way to get introduced to the franchise.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Because people pretend like it’s the next coming of Christ. If just everyone agrees it’s sh*t.

Except it's not. 

From a technical perspective, I don't understand how it's not impressive. 

It’s the same linear game. Same story, almost same gameplay it will have as mix of tlou1 and tlou2. 

Plus it wont even have multiplayer the first one had. From which angle the price is justified. You tell me!!!

yes, rockstar also released same game 3 times on 3 different consoles (pc version still one time and getting updates till this day btw). And all 3 version has sp and mp into it. And the price isnt even 4k-5k like this. Are they getting any slack for it? Nope!!!!
Why should we give Tlou some slack? That too a movie linear game which plays the same over and over again. 

It’s not even fully from ground up. TLOU2 was from ground up and costed 4k. This was on the premises of that with many assets being reused and edited on top of it. Basic story, groundwork, music, voices, funda already being laid out. What’s so special about it except the graphics and haptic and some TLOU2’s gameplay element implementation and reused? 

Yes, it triggers me that Sony gets a pass for these bs cashgrabs from fans who just gonna accept anything sony does. The same way you guys revolt at other companies…. Do that for sony as well!

otherwise you are just enabling them. 

How the hell after all the bs sony pulled last year, this year with different version price parity, then taking u turn of their words, you guys are giving them slack is beyond me!  

Edited by SaiKO
  • Like 2