The Last of Us : Part I

KnackChap

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

90+

Will be 10/10 on steam when it launches on PC but I think there will be some resistance for PS5 scores due to the price. 

Edited by Vamos

24 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Because TLOU2 sold below expectations, so Sony is using the same studio and the same IP for making up the difference with this cash grab. @Ne0

Is this what the homophobic community on twitter is saying, that the game sold below expectations? :rofl: 

34 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

So why not spend all that time and energy into making a new game instead of remaking old stuff :-/

Looks like this is going to be gen of remakes :-/

They're working on Factions 2, Part 3 and a new IP. Its not like 600 people at ND are working on the remake 24/7. The work on remake also helped them port and upgrade the engine to PS5/PC.

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Is this what the homophobic community on twitter is saying, that the game sold below expectations? :rofl: 

Oh my bad. Sony totally expected TLOU2, one of their most expensive first party titles ever that took over 100 million dollars and 6+ years to make and a sequel to one of the greatest and most critically acclaimed games of all time, to sell as much as Ghost of Tsushima. 

38 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Because TLOU2 sold below expectations, so Sony is using the same studio and the same IP for making up the difference with this cash grab. @Ne0

10million on a single platform- bigger franchise like RE are able to clock that figure on three combined platforms 

Just now, RV1709 said:

10million on a single platform- bigger franchise like RE are able to clock that figure on three combined platforms 

Bro, I'm not saying it's a bad number. But it's not great either. Compare it with other first party titles. It should have sold more than f**king Tsushima lol. The game sold 4 million copies in the first 2 weeks and 6 million in the next two years. It's clear that the controversy had an impact on the sales.

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

So why not spend all that time and energy into making a new game instead of remaking old stuff :-/

Looks like this is going to be gen of remakes :-/

sony was building a seperate new inhouse AAA team mainly with ex ND guys to make future uncharted games. a smaller test project was given so that the team could gain some experience and it was either going to be uncharted 1 remake or tlou remake (tlou might have been picked because of the hbo show negotiations or 10year anniversary). mid way ND didnt like where the project was going so they took the remake inhouse and absorbed the team. another reason being said was that ND had no single player project in pre-production at that time as everyone was on TLOU2 so they took this project inhouse to stop losing talented devs. 

1 hour ago, Kumar123 said:

Oh my bad. Sony totally expected TLOU2, one of their most expensive first party titles ever that took over 100 million dollars and 6+ years to make and a sequel to one of the greatest and most critically acclaimed games of all time, to sell as much as Ghost of Tsushima. 

Tsushima crossed 10M? Do you have a source other than r/tlou2?

Edit: wait, that subreddit got banned :rofl:

image.png

Don't know about TLOU2 sales, but one thing I do know - TLOU 2 crashed in price very quickly. I think that was the quickest I've seen. Within 1-2 months or so it was almost 50% off on brand new sealed physical copies. No other game (Including 1st party Sony IPs) crashed that badly afaik. Don't know why such a drastic crash happened though.

Edited by roun90

39 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Don't know about TLOU2 sales, but one thing I do know - TLOU 2 crashed in price very quickly. I think that was the quickest I've seen. Within 1-2 months or so it was almost 50% off on brand new sealed physical copies. No other game (Including 1st party Sony IPs) crashed that badly afaik. Don't know why such a drastic crash happened though.

Fake news. TLOU2 bestest and most sold game ever.