The Last of Us : Part I

KnackChap

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

You can tell who actually has an interest in knowing about the changes and who's doing nothing but fking trolling.

The real fun will start tomorrow after reviews drop

7 hours ago, Right said:

I had zero idea that this is coming in and then Naughty Dog started trending on Twitter.

Some of the improvements are insane! But darn, why all this can't be done for UC2 or UC1.

Why LOU is so special for ND that it gets a remaster AND a remake. 

I know that people might disagree but the Uncharted series, especially the trilogy isn't as popular. Have met so many people who have played The Last of Us but none of the Uncharted games.

7 hours ago, Right said:

I had zero idea that this is coming in and then Naughty Dog started trending on Twitter.

Some of the improvements are insane! But darn, why all this can't be done for UC2 or UC1.

Why LOU is so special for ND that it gets a remaster AND a remake. 

Coz TLOU is their best game and a masterpiece of gaming medium. Although the sequel is a good game but not this good. Plus the tv show releasing.

13 hours ago, RV1709 said:

There is. I saw it somewhere in this thread based on twitter posts. They’ve got a 4k@40 fidelity mode as well 

This is from the the Blog in July

While the Last of Us Part I can render Native 4K at targeted 30 FPS or dynamic 4K at targeted 60 FPS* 

I don't think VRR is openly advertised, night be patched later..

1 hour ago, SpearHea:D said:

Coz TLOU is their best game and a masterpiece of gaming medium. Although the sequel is a good game but not this good. Plus the tv show releasing.

Just my opinion, but it is not.

TLOU has great storyline and VO, but gameplay is just run of the mill.

Uncharted has exceptional gameplay and more than passable storyline and VO. 

I would play UC anyday, but for TLOU i should have a mood.

19 minutes ago, Right said:

Agree about having the mood to play TLOU. The game is gloomy af and it can leave you feel depressed after playing. 

Disagree with the TLOU gameplay. There's more variety and planning required rather than just run-n-gun as in Uncharted.  

Edited by l33tmaniac

23 minutes ago, Right said:

agree with this. on release the played each uncharted games back to back multiple times (upping the difficulty) and can still just pick it up whenever required but both tlou games leave you exhausted mentally by the end. 

Both the TLOU games are oppressive AF. Definitely a testament to ND's prowess, but its so damn heavy you dread having to play them again. I've played both just once. Ive endeavoured to replay 1 before 2 was released and just couldn't. Ive restarted 2 again a couple of times and just couldn't carry on..

After 2 I was so down it kept playing on my mind for at least a week. It left me in awe of how much it touched me. That ending :majesty:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

This is from the the Blog in July

While the Last of Us Part I can render Native 4K at targeted 30 FPS or dynamic 4K at targeted 60 FPS* 

I don't think VRR is openly advertised, night be patched later..

1 hour ago, Right said:

I mean, people would choose to play UC just because it's a light hearted shooter while TLOU is a survival horror game that also takes an emotional toll on you.

Edited by Kumar123
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Walker said:

Both the TLOU games are oppressive AF. Definitely a testament to ND's prowess, but its so damn heavy you dread having to play them again. I've played both just once. Ive endeavoured to replay 1 before 2 was released and just couldn't. Ive restarted 2 again a couple of times and just couldn't carry on..

I think the genre plays a part as well. The game makes you feel vulnerable with all the zombie mayhem and then hits you with emotional beats. Super effective. Imagine TLOU with the same story but Uncharted gameplay. Doubt it'll be as 'heavy'.

After 2 I was so down it kept playing on my mind for at least a week. It left me in awe of how much it touched me. That ending :majesty:

Hope it was consensual.

Edited by Kumar123

12 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

I mean, people would choose to play UC just because it's a light hearted shooter while TLOU is a survival horror game that also takes an emotional toll on you.

Exactly. I mean I would pick up UC and have a jolly good time with it anytime. For TLOU though I would need to be in a slightly pensive mood to pick it up again and do a replay.

8 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

I know that people might disagree but the Uncharted series, especially the trilogy isn't as popular. Have met so many people who have played The Last of Us but none of the Uncharted games.

It's only slightly less popular then TLOU. Also UC2 was a groundbreaking game . It's not just one of the best PS3 games but one of the best games ever.  

Says on its Wikipedia page.

" Uncharted 2: Among Thieves received critical acclaim for its elaborate set pieces, character design, storytelling, graphics, technical innovation, and gameplay mechanics. It received Game of the Year accolades from numerous publications and award events, and is considered to be one of the greatest video games ever made, and among the most significant titles for the seventh console generation." 

Also UC2 was the first game by ND to have a Multiplayer mode which was also very well received. 

Sure TLOU was a bigger success but UC Series is only a tad behind. The Uncharted movie (which was crap) was a box office success. 

And If we go by ratings UC2 has a metacritic score of 96 . TLOU has a metacritic score of 95. TLOU2 and UC4 have a metacritic score of 93. 

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

It's only slightly less popular then TLOU. Also UC2 was a groundbreaking game . It's not just one of the best PS3 games but one of the best games ever.  

Says on its Wikipedia page.

" Uncharted 2: Among Thieves received critical acclaim for its elaborate set pieces, character design, storytelling, graphics, technical innovation, and gameplay mechanics. It received Game of the Year accolades from numerous publications and award events, and is considered to be one of the greatest video games ever made, and among the most significant titles for the seventh console generation." 

Also UC2 was the first game by ND to have a Multiplayer mode which was also very well received. 

Sure TLOU was a bigger success but UC Series is only a tad behind. The Uncharted movie (which was crap) was a box office success. 

And If we go by ratings UC2 has a metacritic score of 96 . TLOU has a metacritic score of 95. TLOU2 and UC4 have a metacritic score of 93. 

The thing is the PS4 generation added a lot of new players who never had a PS3. Sony's first party PS3 titles sold around 6-7 million maximum while the PS4 titles are reaching numbers like 20 million. These new players played The Last of Us Remastered as it was available 6 months after the console launch, looked amazing and was bundled with PS4s. The remaster ended up selling 10 million copies, which is more than the PS3 version. 

Don't think the Nathan Drake collection sold anywhere near the same because of the general aversion to 'old games'. Probably the reason why the trilogy isn't as popular.