The Last of Us : Part I

KnackChap

3 hours ago, KnackChap said:

vtjvi1ctn3l91.jpg

the guilt of screwing the planet is literally dripping from his face in the remake. 

Oh man, this is why I have a problem with them remaking sh*t. In the original the feel I got from Joel's expressions was 'Yeah, it might have been wrong but I did what I had to do' and he was only worried about what Ellie would think. In the remake, it looks like "Omg, I had to stomp on babies to save Ellie and she mustn't know."

Edited by Kumar123
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Oh man, this is why I have a problem with them remaking sh*t. In the original the feel I got from Joel's expressions was 'Yeah, it might have been wrong but I did what I had to do' and he was only worried about what Ellie would think. In the remake, it looks like "Omg, I had to stomp on babies to save Ellie and she mustn't know."

you’re getting it wrong. This is a man who has lost his kid- who died in his arms. If anything the remake captures how broken he is - this is how a parent who loses their child would express their emotions. 

I see you’re clearly here to troll disguising your baiting / trolling  as objective criticism 

32 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

you’re getting it wrong. This is a man who has lost his kid- who died in his arms. If anything the remake captures how broken he is - this is how a parent who loses their child would express their emotions. 

I see you’re clearly here to troll disguising your baiting / trolling  as objective criticism 

I'm talking about that particular scene after he gets Ellie back from the fireflies, not the whole game.

> I see you’re clearly here to troll disguising your baiting / trolling  as objective criticism 

Jesus Christ dude.

1 hour ago, Kumar123 said:

Yeah. At some places expressions are better in og. 

8 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

Yeah. At some places expressions are better in og. 

Partly because of the artstyle, I think. The colours are bright and the visuals have less noise in the OG game, while in the remake, it's dark and grim and I guess more realistic.

Edited by Kumar123

2 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

This is a problem with most remakes that are not reimagination (Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy 7 R etc)

This dude remember it as being one of best games, only to be disappointed after replaying it.

Good games that I have nostalgia for, I never wanna play remakes. 

4 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

This is a problem with most remakes that are not reimagination (Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy 7 R etc)

This dude remember it as being one of best games, only to be disappointed after replaying it.

Good games that I have nostalgia for, I never wanna play remakes

no one is forcing you to. you can skip remakes if you want. 

Also, a majority of the gaming world has given a big thumbsup to this remake. It has higher scores than some aaa first party titles with budget of around $500 mil on another console. so yes, this is what matters to a major chunk of the audience. 

Edited by radicaldude

According to some reviewers, price of the game is the reason for a low score. 

Does the game get better for them when it eventually goes on sale or offered on ps plus? :)

Price doesn't seem to be an issue for them for yearly games like Fifa. 

Factoring in the price is really pointless and stupid. 

So, this is a completely different game now? 89 on meta? And yet no one white-knighting ND here got it day 1 at jimbo 70$ price tag? What sorcery is this. Come on ppl, this a completely "different" game, shell out the big bucks to experience it ASAP.

If it were Ragnarok, everybody would would be posting their own screenshots by now...

Just downloaded the officially released Bill's Town gameplay in 4K and have to say it looks absolutely gorgeous! The only thing I am not sure about is why the gun sounds are so quiet compared to the original? Even the punches aren't that loud. Maybe the dynamic range is compressed? Trying to find some gameplay videos on YT and most of them are recorded with 3D sound on or in poor quality.

Edited by Max Pain