The Last of Us : Part I

KnackChap

Is this a great game? - Yes!

Does this improve on the original? - Yes!

Is this the best version till date for new & old fans to play? - Yes!

Would this be a super hit game if it wasn't a remake but a PS5 original? - Yes!

Is it worth the money if you've never played this game - Yes!

Is it worth the money if you've played it earlier - Maybe? Depends person to person.

Do I want to play it again? - Yes!

Would I buy it? - No. I will wait for it to be on sale or on ps plus extra.

Would I hate ND or the game for this? - Hell No! They have only improved on the masterpiece and maybe inspired more newer players to check this out given this is 'next-gen'.

I don't get the hate and slag this game and the developers are getting :) 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, funjabi said:

Is this a great game? - Yes!

Does this improve on the original? - Yes!

Is this the best version till date for new & old fans to play? - Yes!

Would this be a super hit game if it wasn't a remake but a PS5 original? - Yes!

Is it worth the money if you've never played this game - Yes!

Is it worth the money if you've played it earlier - Maybe? Depends person to person.

Do I want to play it again? - Yes!

Would I buy it? - No. I will wait for it to be on sale or on ps plus extra.

Would I hate ND or the game for this? - Hell No! They have only improved on the masterpiece and maybe inspired more newer players to check this out given this is 'next-gen'.

Agree with everything you said, except the price tag of this thing...

5 minutes ago, funjabi said:

There are people who want to play this but feel the $70 price tag is too steep. Which is completely fair opinion to have. They shouldn't be charging full price for this. 

1 minute ago, dylanjosh said:

There are people who want to play this but feel the $70 price tag is too steep. Which is completely fair opinion to have. They shouldn't be charging full price for this. 

Some want tlou games for free. and they'll continue to hold such opinions till they get the game for free.

The arguments went from tank controls (befire launch) to pricing (post launch)

4 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Absolutely valid.

And then there's the constant bitching and moaning by some individuals for the sake of bitching and moaning. If the game was $40 they'd bitch that it should have been no more than $30. If it was $30 they'd say it should have been free. They aren't here because of the price.

Personally? $70 is way more than I'd pay.

• Like 1

Let's face it, some "fans" here have been defending the new "greedy" SONY right through the past couple of years, and it's not gonna change.

Also, tank controls were brought up by who? The moment fans found out tlou2 level of gameplay wasn't gonna happen, tankiness stopped being an issue. lol

2 minutes ago, Walker said:

Absolutely valid.

And then there's the constant bitching and moaning by some individuals for the sake of bitching and moaning. If the game was $40 they'd bitch that it should have been no more than $30. If it was $30 they'd say it should have been free. They aren't here because of the price.

Personally? $70 is way more than I'd pay.

There's no bitching n moaning when the price is justified.

Just look at Demon Souls and Shadow of the Colossus. Those remakes were worthy even though the gameplay was basically same.

But this is what happens when you "remake" a not as old game, and charge premium price for it.

Some are just openly bitching about the price. And then there are fans who know it deep down that this not a 70$ material. else they would have gotten it by now.

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

This is a problem with most remakes that are not reimagination (Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy 7 R etc)

This dude remember it as being one of best games, only to be disappointed after replaying it.

Good games that I have nostalgia for, I never wanna play remakes. 

Isn't GameInformer full of SJW types?

Anyway, I watched a few playthroughs of TLOU last year and was surprised by how well written and tight the story of the game was. If you replay it now, it might look worse than you remember but I highly doubt that you'll find the writing to be outdated.

Just now, radicaldude said:

You are the only person in the whole TLOU P 1 thread who was/is bitching about tank controls. 

S-A-R-C-A-S-M

------------------

Sarcasm is the caustic use of words, often in a humorous way, to mock someone or something.

The "fans" were defending  this remake after the reveal by calling the ps3/ps4 version tanky, and talking about bringing the gameplay up to tlou2 standards. You were one of them. But i guess forgetting helps after all the backtracking that SONY has been doing off late.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gamer_adi said:

The "fans" were defending  this remake after the reveal by calling the ps3/ps4 version tanky, and talking about bringing the gameplay up to tlou2 standards. You were one of them. But i guess forgetting helps after all the backtracking that SONY has been doing off late.

Point to my post where I have mentioned the original had tanky controls. 

You and your strawman arguments. 

7 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Isn't GameInformer full of SJW types?

Anyway, I watched a few playthroughs of TLOU last year and was surprised by how well written and tight the story of the game was. If you replay it now, it might look worse than you remember but I highly doubt that you'll find the writing to be outdated.

Ok, didn't knew that.

That explains why he went overboard with criticism of the writing. I think writing and story in game are good.

He did touch on few points that i also feel, in that if I have nostalgia for a game, playing a remake kinda ruins it for me cause of differences. I would rather play a remaster.