The Last of Us : Part I

KnackChap

21 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Apart from a few, who is praising Sony? Most criticized Sony when the game was announced to be full priced. Just because you don't praise Nintendo, doesn't mean Nintendo fanboys are not rampant everywhere. Every system/company has its fanboys. Its just s matter of chance/coincidence that this website has a more Sony centric user base

I still dont understand how Nintendo came into this conversation 

37 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I am not defending Nintendo man. They keep pulling crap like this with backwards compat and they do get flak. I wouldn’t agree on wii u games to switch part though since the architecture is fundamentally different and you cant just make a wii u game run on switch. 

They discontinued the virtual Console. With that not in existence there is no legit way of playing old games on switch or other newer Nintendo systems. 

The only way of doing that, is to buy the latest remakes. Or subscribing to the NSO. 

I don't see people criticising this move much (on this forum, though this is not the right thread for brining this up). Nintendo basically makes BC impossible first, and then charges full price for a "remaster/remake". 

In tlous case atleast, you still have a choice to play the PS4 copy of the game. You don't have such a choice for Nintendo system (switch in this case). 

10 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

They discontinued the virtual Console. With that not in existence there is no legit way of playing old games on switch or other newer Nintendo systems. 

The only way of doing that, is to buy the latest remakes. Or subscribing to the NSO. 

I don't see people criticising this move much (on this forum, though this is not the right thread for brining this up). Nintendo basically makes BC impossible first, and then charges full price for a "remaster/remake". 

In tlous case atleast, you still have a choice to play the PS4 copy of the game. You don't have such a choice for Nintendo system (switch in this case). 

This forum is not representative of the internet :P There are barely a handful of folks who care about Nintendo here. So it is predominantly Sony focused 

23 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

What's the point of criticising Nintendo for shitty practice?

They have a PhD in it, Sony is just an intern though might get there eventually.

52 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

how is the shooting and feel? reviews are saying its even better than tlou 2 & their best yet. 

Shooting is so much better. And so is Joel’s movement. It’s very agile and the environment reacts as you’d expect it to. 

Gameplay wise, it’s exactly like tlou2. 
But I really wish they added the dodge button somehow.

It feels odd after playing tlou2 to not have it here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vamos said:

The game is pure eye candy. 

I don’t think there is a better looking game on consoles currently, as far as visual fidelity goes. 

"HD texture pack" :lol: 

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

I still dont understand how Nintendo came into this conversation 

I mentioned it because the bar for paying full price for essentially the same game again is so low in post Switch world that LoU Remake feels like a new game to me in comparison. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Shooting is so much better. And so is Joel’s movement. It’s very agile and the environment reacts as you’d expect it to. 

Gameplay wise, it’s exactly like tlou2. 
But I really wish they added the dodge button somehow.

It feels odd after playing tlou2 to not have it here. 

Considering how shitty the shooting and controls were in vanilla game and how much ND improved upon it in UC4 and part 2, it was common sense expecting the same in the remake. But some people had their brain in the a*s, and then tried to quote my old posts as some gotcha moment.

• Haha 1

Just checked out some comparison vids. The PS3 version looks rough now but the remastered version still holds up and sometimes looks even better than the remake probably due to the art direction. The colours really pop in the older versions. Yes, I know that the remake has a bajillion 'improvements', but it still feels too early. They could have waited a few more years for this. This could have been a PS6 launch title.

Edited by Kumar123

3 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

This forum is not representative of the internet :P There are barely a handful of folks who care about Nintendo here. So it is predominantly Xbox focused 

FTFY :rofl:

Just because radical spams that PSvsXbox thread and 2-3 mods chime in once in a while to "even the odds" doesn't mean this is a PS focused forum, I mean it was, not now

In numbers it's probably like this, in terms of fanboys xbox-> nintendo -> ps

I mean just look at the last 10 pages :lol:

7 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

FTFY :rofl:

Just because radical spams that PSvsXbox thread and 2-3 mods chime in once in a while to "even the odds" doesn't mean this is a PS focused forum, I mean it was, not now

In numbers it's probably like this, in terms of fanboys xbox-> nintendo -> ps

I mean just look at the last 10 pages :lol:

Your maths teacher must have been really bad . 3rd grade kids would be better in counting than you :P

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Considering how shitty the shooting and controls were in vanilla game and how much ND improved upon it in UC4 and part 2, it was common sense expecting the same in the remake. But some people had their brain in the a*s, and then tried to quote my old posts as some gotcha moment.

In my view, this is just ultimate fan service :lol:

And an expensive one at that. 

Every frame of this game looks extravagant, like a Chris Nolan movie. Totally blown out of proportion. 

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Tlou had great gameplay… 

I don’t know why you keep saying it had shitty shooting and control.. 

2 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Tlou had great gameplay… 

I don’t know why you keep saying it had shitty shooting and control.. 

Because its shortcomings are blatantly clear especially after part 2. Like the DF video mentioned above, the overall mechanics are same but the nuanced changes to movement, aiming, recoil, camera positioning etc makes it much more modern. Go back and read TLoU reviews, almost none of them praise the gameplay. Its all abut story, characters, graphics, voice acting etc.

19 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Because its shortcomings are blatantly clear especially after part 2. Like the DF video mentioned above, the overall mechanics are same but the nuanced changes to movement, aiming, recoil, camera positioning etc makes it much more modern. Go back and read TLoU reviews, almost none of them praise the gameplay. Its all abut story, characters, graphics, voice acting etc.

“It's the gameplay that clicks first, which will come as a pleasant surprise to those left cold by the shallow, breezy spectacle of Naughty Dog's rollicking Uncharted games - especially the borderline incoherent smoke-and-mirrors of Uncharted 3. The Last of Us is made by a different team and is a very different beast. It's purposeful and mean, with lean meat on its bones.”

https://www.eurogamer.net/the-last-of-us-review
There are countless other reviews which praise the gameplay and combat of Tlou.. 

i have played it 3-4 times and never felt it had shitty controls or anything like that..

Maybe compared to Tlou 2 it may feel inferior.. but that’s to be expected considering it came 7 years after the first one..

Edited by hsk_colossus
  • Like 1