The Last of Us : Part I

KnackChap

1 hour ago, Kumar123 said:

Not at that price point according to the video. 

Majority of the buyers don’t purchase the games on launch so in a way no game is justified at launch selling price?

Its very subjective, to each his own. If the price is high then get it when price drops. For me spending 4-5k on a digital game doesn't make sense so i don’t. Doesn't mean sony/nintendo/microsoft’s digital games are not rightly priced. They are not making us purchase their games at gunpoint.

Relax and enjoy the games whatever way and whenever one can ✌️

Edited by Nathan.Drake
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Majority of the buyers don’t purchase the games on launch so in a way no game is justified at launch selling price?

I mean the sweet spot is where the price is as low as it can be for the consumers while being high enough for making enough profit so that companies won't go under and are able to continue putting out more games of great quality. If that's possible at 50$ launch price, then people should be fighting for that price point. Although, realistically speaking, we all know that once it goes up, it usually never comes down. By the way, this is already kind of happening with the 70$ price that companies are trying to make the new standard. Some consumers argue that the price increase is unjustifiable because while inflation is a thing and game budgets have increased, so has the gaming market, that is, the number of buyers, and this should be able to balance everything out.

Its very subjective, to each his own. If the price is high then get it when price drops. For me spending 4-5k on a digital game doesn't make sense so i don’t. Doesn't mean sony/nintendo/microsoft’s digital games are not rightly priced. They are not making us purchase their games at gunpoint.

So, you're saying that we should just roll over and let these corporations do whatever they want? Imagine if Sony decides to set the price of God of War: Ragnarok at 100$. Or if they decide to never lower their prices like Nintendo. Will you be okay with that and justify it by saying 'gaming is a luxury anyway' or something like that?

Gaming is a hobby and gamers should fight to keep it affordable. This includes fighting against shitty pricing and other stupid business practices. In the case of this remake, I find it absurd that it is priced at 70$ as if it is a completely new game when the production cost was probably a fraction of what it would take to make a new AAA game for obvious reasons. Also, dislike the fact that the game didn't need a remade at all as the remastered version still looks good and plays fine. If people like me don't speak against this, that would be a signal for Sony to remake more games that don't even need to be remade yet, and price them at 70$. This is bad because Sony will continue to play it safe by remaking older games and invest less in sequels and new IPs. Also, waiting for a year or two for price drops is not a solution because time is even more valuable than money and there's so much that can happen in your life that could change you from being the person who was excited for the game to someone else entirely.

Relax and enjoy the games whatever way and whenever one can ✌️

It's completely fine if this is your motto, but there's no reason for you to stop others from speaking for what they believe in and against things they don't support.

Edited by Kumar123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

The buyers sure do hope Sony gets the extra motivation ?‍♂️

Looks like they sent cardboard box in a envelope, which got deformed.

They could just print extra cardboard boxes and send them to everyone affected. They should do at least this much cause it's a collector's item and poor packaging was done by them.

Edited by Vaibhavp