Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

b!T

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Sekiro is Gold Tier and its a Shinobi Game with focus on posture damage..

This is more like Hack n Slash.. very lite soulslike..

Ok, I don't understand any of that :rofl:

But, got it. Sekiro is harder. Good thing I haven't bought it yet. Was waiting to finish Dark Souls 3. Maybe now will delay it indefinitely.

Elden Ring, Wo Long both seem right in terms of difficulty.

4 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Until you meet Malenia, Blade of Miquella. 

Yeah, Malenia is arguably the hardest boss across all Fromsoft games

she’s NOT hard if you spam L2 skills and cheat with summons like mimic tear - which many people do because Malenia is too hard ?

Tried this game for a few hours and I didn't liked the combat mechanics at all. 

First the game is too flashy for no reason like it's designed by an amateur, weird hitpoints, the audio is generic and boring from PS3 era and the graphics which looks a tad like Sekiro, the gameplay is nothing like it. It's a shame that people comparing this to Sekiro which is a god tier and it's a 2019 game which still has the best swordplay in the gaming history. 

All this is forgiven if the combat is better but I'm afraid it isn't. First of all they have the same button for deflect and dodge i.e B for Xbox and O for PS. Press once to deflect, press twice or more for dodge. May sound fine but it's the most outrageous controls I've ever seen. When enemies are pressing towards you with quick succession attacks you can't deflect more than once because pressing B again in that little timeframe you got and you'll trigger dodge, eventually get hit :) WOW

This also has only 2 attacks Light and Heavy. You can combo it up to like four times, then end with a Heavy. Basic and meh! it's just not that thrilling to continuously do the same 4 moves on repeat until the thing dies.

And there's a weird morale leveling system which I don't want to dive into plus there's also your normal "Souls-esque" levels that effect your scaling damage and hp, among other things. So you have two systems to accomplish the same thing. Bleh!! 

tbh I can play Nioh parts again than giving this a second try. 

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Can you remap dodge and deflect to different buttons?

No, deflect and dodge are tied to same button. This way you can not spam deflect like you can in Sekiro, the game will punish you if you do. Unlike Sekiro, you have to get your parry timing right. The benefit is that you can hold block while deflecting, that way if your timing is wrong you won't get hit straight in the face.

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Tried this game for a few hours and I didn't liked the combat mechanics at all. 

First the game is too flashy for no reason like it's designed by an amateur, weird hitpoints, the audio is generic and boring from PS3 era and the graphics which looks a tad like Sekiro, the gameplay is nothing like it. It's a shame that people comparing this to Sekiro which is a god tier and it's a 2019 game which still has the best swordplay in the gaming history. 

All this is forgiven if the combat is better but I'm afraid it isn't. First of all they have the same button for deflect and dodge i.e B for Xbox and O for PS. Press once to deflect, press twice or more for dodge. May sound fine but it's the most outrageous controls I've ever seen. When enemies are pressing towards you with quick succession attacks you can't deflect more than once because pressing B again in that little timeframe you got and you'll trigger dodge, eventually get hit :) WOW

This also has only 2 attacks Light and Heavy. You can combo it up to like four times, then end with a Heavy. Basic and meh! it's just not that thrilling to continuously do the same 4 moves on repeat until the thing dies.

And there's a weird morale leveling system which I don't want to dive into plus there's also your normal "Souls-esque" levels that effect your scaling damage and hp, among other things. So you have two systems to accomplish the same thing. Bleh!! 

tbh I can play Nioh parts again than giving this a second try. 

:rofl:

"Combat designed by an amateur"

Hilarious. 

Personally I much prefer control scheme here cause deflect, attack all of it is mapped to face buttons. Makes is much more snappy. I will definitely break bumper if deflect was mapped to that. 

Also, if you take on enemies one by one, you won't have to deflect in quick succession. Taking on multiple enemies wouldn't work even if you pulled it off cause you won't be able to get hit on both at same time. 

One thing I like about this game is accessibility. It's perfectly balanced. Not brutal in difficulty and punishment. 

56 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

you can not spam deflect like you can in Sekiro, the game will punish you if you do. Unlike Sekiro, you have to get your parry timing right. The benefit is that you can hold block while deflecting, that way if your timing is wrong you won't get hit straight in the face

Interesting changes compared to Sekiro, will start this soon 

• 1 year later...

i gave up on this game because i wanted to play with friends and the multiplayer is broken. the connection is so bad, mobs teleporting through the map so it's impossible to hit them, every party member has different timing and the bosses has their own timing so if you think you will dodge/parry, based on what you see with your eyes you almost certainly guessed wrong because what you see is not what you get because of the broken multiplayer

i don't understand what they did - nioh 1 and 2 works good for us, strangers of paradise never had any of these problems, any other multiplayer game doesn't have any of this issues, but wo long is broken. 

team ninja failed this one imho