Dragon's Dogma II

SRINI87

24 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

This games keeps getting brilliant. For Sorcerer, there is one mission you will get from a kid where you need to find 5 books, that kids father will also demand the same books from you. Your choice will decide what super spell you get as the kid and her father both will give you a different spell. So what you need to do is, create counterfeits of all 5 books, give fakes to father and real ones to kid. You get both of the spells as reward. There are so many things that are there to be discovered like this in this game. 
Another example is where I had to get someone free from a jail so going via traditional route, I had to bribe guards and then do some sort of bullshit activities to get him free, since I had the universal key, i just unlocked the cell to complete mission but the NPC wont walk with me since it was not the intended path. So I picked him up, ran all the way out of jail and cutscene of ending that mission triggered. Saved tons of time and money that i would have spent in bribe:rofl:

Please put all this and future stuff behind spoilers 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

New patch ironed out many things for PS5 and PC. XSX patch coming in a few days time. 

Yes after the new patch I am getting smooth constant 60 FPS, no drops in City area. Playing at 4k now max settings no DLSS no RT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wrapped up the game this weekend. Took about 55 hours. Got the true ending, there are 3-4 possible ends but I got the one which is supposedly the true ending but a bit dark. Overall, a tad disappointed with the game. It had great promise at the beginning and gameplay is extremely fun and solid. But the traversal mechanic is frustrating and at times feels like it is there to slow down the game and make it feel bigger than it really is. If they had a traditional fast travel like other RPGs, this game can be finished under 20 hours. I spent more than half of my time just walking from one end of map to other end. The main story is really short with very few interesting side missions. Feels like a part of game is cut to make content for DLC cuz where the game ends, it is where usually other big RPGs start unveiling the main story further. Even 88 meta was too high for this. This is at max, 80/100 game. Witcher is still the gold standard for RPGs even after a decade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZooZoo said:

Wrapped up the game this weekend. Took about 55 hours. Got the true ending, there are 3-4 possible ends but I got the one which is supposedly the true ending but a bit dark. Overall, a tad disappointed with the game. It had great promise at the beginning and gameplay is extremely fun and solid. But the traversal mechanic is frustrating and at times feels like it is there to slow down the game and make it feel bigger than it really is. If they had a traditional fast travel like other RPGs, this game can be finished under 20 hours. I spent more than half of my time just walking from one end of map to other end. The main story is really short with very few interesting side missions. Feels like a part of game is cut to make content for DLC cuz where the game ends, it is where usually other big RPGs start unveiling the main story further. Even 88 meta was too high for this. This is at max, 80/100 game. Witcher is still the gold standard for RPGs even after a decade.

I found the original DD to be overrated hence waiting for the real impression after the honeymoon phase get over.

21 minutes ago, zoord said:

I found the original DD to be overrated hence waiting for the real impression after the honeymoon phase get over.

It had a solid foundation but they couldnt finish it. Core gameplay mechanics, classes and progression is fantastic. Game looks pretty if you have a hefty PC. But thats where all good things end. They should have spent more time on building a story and side missions for the world they created. For now it felt like they were rushed to release it and since they did not have enough story, they artificially elongated the length of the game by making traversal painfully slow, obstruct you with enemies every 10 feet and intentionally putting quest related things on different ends of the map. 

Enemy variety is also pathetic for an RPG. Its basically Goblin, Bandit, Harpies, Crocs, Trolls/Ogre and Minotaur. there are few big enemies that show up once in the game but thats about it. 

• Like 3

On 3/19/2024 at 2:00 PM, zoord said:

I might get hate but I didn't liked the first one much. The world was barren, lifeless and combat was fine but nothing noteworthy other than the fact that you can climb/cling upon big enemies/monsters.

I was hyped when the steam version launched and played day 1 but was disappointed :(

On 2/15/2024 at 5:00 PM, zoord said:

Dragon Age is an ocean compared to Dragons Dogma (puddle) lore / world building and plot.

So far all video gives the same impression that story will once again take a backseat in DD2. Combat will be impressive for sure just like the original DD but apart from fast paced action gameplay there is no similarity between these two franchise.

Quoting my thought on DD from this thread before the release of DD2.

19 hours ago, zoord said:

Quoting my thought on DD from this thread before the release of DD2.

100% correct. The story here pales in comparison to any decent RPG. Yaha pe overall story can be summed up in 2 lines. Ek tha dragon, dil nikala, ek thi rani usne kara ghotala, end me dragon se boss fight. End. There was no mystery to unfold. Dragon Age and Mass Effect were so engaging till last minute, you dont know what is there in next mission. 

2 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

100% correct. The story here pales in comparison to any decent RPG. Yaha pe overall story can be summed up in 2 lines. Ek tha dragon, dil nikala, ek thi rani usne kara ghotala, end me dragon se boss fight. End. There was no mystery to unfold. Dragon Age and Mass Effect were so engaging till last minute, you dont know what is there in next mission. 

Yup, all the pre- release video I watched confirmed that they never addressed the issue of the first game. Hence I skipped out but will still get the game after its 50 -70% off.

Edited by zoord

• 2 weeks later...

Was watching skill up’s review and then stopped in the middle, sometimes it feels like he himself is confused what he is writing :|

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, harjas said:

Was watching skill up’s review and then stopped in the middle, sometimes it feels like he himself is confused what he is writing :|

Lol, yea isn't it. Not taking him seriously at all. He has became strange lately then after few months he started sounding dumb.