Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth

KnackChap

Just now, Sach4life said:

Dont name it FF7 if it is 'its own game'

They did not - did they? Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth etc. They never said only "Final Fantasy 7". They also said the word "Remake" meant something else, and not the usual "Remake". They were also clear it's not a 1:1 game from the beginning (Before FF7R's release in fact).

Seriously, you should play the game first, so you won't have these doubts.

39 minutes ago, roun90 said:

They did not - did they? Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth etc. They never said only "Final Fantasy 7". They also said the word "Remake" meant something else, and not the usual "Remake". They were also clear it's not a 1:1 game from the beginning (Before FF7R's release in fact).

Seriously, you should play the game first, so you won't have these doubts.

I have played it to see how the gameplay is. Havent completed yeh story yet. Waiting for part 2. Would play them together

Just now, Sach4life said:

I have played it to see how the gameplay is. Havent completed yeh story yet. Waiting for part 2. Would play them together

You're in for a lovely ride!! Enjoy :thumbsup:

Story links OG FF7 and FF7R beautifully. It's amazing how they did it. None of the high points or the tragedies are ignored,

That said, I hope they do make a faithful remake of full OG FF7. Will take some time I guess.

• Like 1

It was a ballsy move on Squares part to call it a remake and keep such big changes to storyline a secret.

Spoilers for crisis core:

Spoiler

Heres what I think, Sephiroth was not really a bad guy, actual villains are Genesis, psycho doc and jenova herself. If he finds out who his real mother is and also father(could be Vincent coz that doctor is not "good looking" enough to result in sephiroth) and the circumstances, he might just end up with a new goal. And we might have a proper ending than the forgotten storyline we got at the end of Dirge of Cerberus. 

Edited by gecko89

Just now, gecko89 said:

It was a ballsy move on Squares part to call it a remake and keep such big changes to storyline a secret.

Spoiler

The last few scenes had me excited knowing just maybe Zack is alive. And the dlc pretty much confirmed it.

Spoilers for crisis core:

Reveal hidden contents

Heres what I think, Sephiroth was not really a bad guy, actual villains are Genesis, psycho doc and jenova herself. If he finds out who his real mother is and also father(could be Vincent coz that doctor is not "good looking" enough to result in sephiroth) and the circumstances, he might just end up with a new goal. And we might have a proper ending than the forgotten storyline we got at the end of Dirge of Cerberus. 

Spoiler Tag after "The Last Few Scenes" please. Those are really major spoilers you're talking about without tags!!!!

3 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Spoiler Tag after "The Last Few Scenes" please. Those are really major spoilers you're talking about without tags!!!!

Removed that statement, my bad. Figured it's old enough to be talked about. 

54 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Removed that statement, my bad. Figured it's old enough to be talked about. 

There are still idiots like me who haven't completed it :fear1:

@OP, I am really late in finishing the first part but nevertheless excited for second one and crisis core. Good time to be a FF nut :wOOtjumpy:

55 minutes ago, b!T said:

There are still idiots like me who haven't completed it :fear1:

@OP, I am really late in finishing the first part but nevertheless excited for second one and crisis core. Good time to be a FF nut :wOOtjumpy:

Same here :D really want to start FF7R, have it already installed on my PS5 but will play after HFW and DMC5SE 

27 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Same here :D really want to start FF7R, have it already installed on my PS5 but will play after HFW and DMC5SE 

Yet to start DMC5. the backlog is real :wallbash:

• 11 months later...

As good as it looks, I don't understand why this is called FF7 Remake. This doesn't look or feel like the original at all. And I am not talking about gameplay. From what I played of FF7Remake, I liked the gameplay a lot. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Sach4life said:

As good as it looks, I don't understand why this is called FF7 Remake. This doesn't look or feel like the original at all. And I am not talking about gameplay. From what I played of FF7Remake, I liked the gameplay a lot. 

But... It's called Rebirth.

Open world looks so good. 

Would be interesting to see how Square captures original game feel. PS1 era FF games had tight pacing with not even a minute wasted despite of huge length. 

It would be challenging to have that in open world.

• 2 months later...