Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core - Reunion

silv3rgunn3r

• silv3rgunn3r changed the title to Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core - Reunion
5 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

This would be at FF7R integrade scale? 

Seems like no. Like KC mentioned in another thread, looks like it's limited to Switch's ceiling. Consoles will probably have same fidelity but with higher res and frames.

So better than PSP original, but not as good as FF7R in term of graphics. 

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Hope it's ok that i made a separate thread for this. 

There is a thread for members to haul insults at each other in the name of so called "Console Wars". I think this thread is just fine :lol:

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, b!T said:

There is a thread for members to haul insults at each other in the name of so called "Console Wars". I think this thread is just fine :lol:

Also, this game in particular is coming to all platforms, so should be free of those kind of arguments :P

• Haha 1

It's coming on switch too, no wonder graphics not as good as FF7R.

Guess it's time to cry again at the "Final Scene" :cry:

Will probably buy this when it comes out if it's priced reasonably, for old times sake.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Wonder how they will redo this cutscene, whether it will be prerendered or real-time?

Oh man, love this seen.

Sephiroth before he becomes a villain. Shows his cool demeanor. The moment One Winged Angel theme kicks in, you know he's not messing around anymore.

Wil probably be redone for Reunion, since character models are updated.

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

That's like making a high performance bicycle for geriatrics

Considering OG Crisis Core was meant for Handhelds - they probably want to give the current Handheld players a chance to play the game too. They are also making a "Pocket Edition" type of game for FF7R as well, so Switch players can play that project as well.

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

Or they just didn't want to spend as much money/time on it. Less work = lower scope = less intensive = more systems can run it

Not that there is anything wrong with it.

They don't have an unlimited amount of people to handle multiple projects like FF7 simultaneously. 

I'm not sure. FF7R already exists. I'm not an expert on game development - but there is a chance they could have reused a lot of things from FF7R while Remaking the Game (It would not be possible on Switch in that case).

Remaking the game - while making sure the game looks good for Switch Audience - while at the same time providing decent "acceptable" upgrades to Home Consoles, that might be a harder effort.

Not to mention, SE leaving the entire Switch Audience's money on the table.

Maybe @SaiKO can help with this? Since he's in Game Development?

11 hours ago, playstationdude said:

This is definitely bigger than a remaster lol. Looks like a f**king remake, with the cieling being switch.

Was about to post this.....yeah looks more like a remake....will definitely get it for the switch

17 hours ago, roun90 said:

I'm not sure. FF7R already exists. I'm not an expert on game development - but there is a chance they could have reused a lot of things from FF7R while Remaking the Game (It would not be possible on Switch in that case).

Remaking the game - while making sure the game looks good for Switch Audience - while at the same time providing decent "acceptable" upgrades to Home Consoles, that might be a harder effort.

Not to mention, SE leaving the entire Switch Audience's money on the table.

Maybe @SaiKO can help with this? Since he's in Game Development?

I haven't seen the videos or dunno much about the Final Fantasy games to make a comment here tbh...haven't played any FF games nor the game mentioned here, so I didn't check the scope or what's the remake actually features which the original didn't have.

2 hours ago, gecko89 said:

As hyped as I am to replay a remade crisis core, I hope they've made some changes to the gameplay. I remember the battle system being 'meh' at best. 

The only thing I didn’t like in the battle system was that slot machine concept where u have to get 777 or something. That was ridiculous lol