SPOILERS -- Gears of war 2 Story Discussion

AtheK

Whaddaya mean ? You fight Skorge in the Queen's chamber. Remember ? You chainsaw duel with him several times, sawing his weapon in half each time.

Yeah but it hardly felt like a fight. More like a half baked cake, where you are touching the cake and its smelling good but you can't eat it becoz its not baked properly.

^i dnt think so. Skorge is dead! they may hav new enemies for GOW3... the Skorge boss fight was really not satisfying.. i wanted to chainsaw him to end him

well honestly the lake fight was the best boss fight but other boss battles were quite lame...

Wait a minute, GeoW2 actually has a story?

Yes it does, and a much better one that the first part at that.

What gives it legs is the world around you. Jacinto and Nexus and everything in between are stunning to behold, and it almost breaks your heart t see them torn to the ground. This is HUGE improvement from the first game.

And OMG at the secret outpost (forgot its name) and the AI overseer o_O

O RLY?

Worth a buy on basis of story? Or should i stick to other stuff?

well its a def must play...but my bro and couple on Live have been saying if not for gears name no one would have played MP at all....seems the MP sux...havent played much myself...

Well the story is better then first one but nothing great and nothing that you cant predict....buy it if you are a gears fan and if you dont plan to go online(which i am sure you dont) borrow play and forget...

Not on story alone, no. Saying its better than the first isn't really saying much considering how deep the first one was :\

The thing with Gears 2 is that the rest of the game kind of adds to the story and makes it this larger-than-life can't miss package of awesomeness.

For GoW2 story they specially hired comic writers to come up with the story.

I loved the last part i.e the Brumak ride.

The reason i am more disappointed all the promos were that the game is story driven but anyway...

Archived