The Watch Thread

akashkhannabond007

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Waiting for Gear 3 to go on sale. This is just a stop gap as my current watch stopped working. People here buy watch kits and replace batteries, belt resizing etc on their own. No way I am doing that so got a new one instead. It cost only $50.

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Waiting for Gear 3 to go on sale. This is just a stop gap as my current watch stopped working. People here buy watch kits and replace batteries, belt resizing etc on their own. No way I am doing that so got a new one instead. It cost only $50.

Ya 50$ sounds about right. 

As for gear 3, beleive me all this smart watch crapola just dies down very quickly, if you are an watch person. So much so my 3 yr old Plays with my moto 360.

Get a tissot or something, and if you really are buying for fitness tracking, better get a fitbit. Just my suggestion. 

Nah not for fitness. Just something that looks good. Fitbit was on sale last week for $139. It's screen is just odd and charging requires taking it out and charging with propeiratoty cable. That's too much for a f**king watch. I was looking for a solar based watch which takes it's time from time signals from atomic watches. It looked great but I don't think it will work in India.

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Nah not for fitness. Just something that looks good. Fitbit was on sale last week for $139. It's screen is just odd and charging requires taking it out and charging with propeiratoty cable. That's too much for a f**king watch. I was looking for a solar based watch which takes it's time from time signals from atomic watches. It looked great but I don't think it will work in India.

In that case look for something that is a real watch, something that will last you years. But if you wanna have just fun for sometime get the s3, which probably you will discard or sell after few months. 

On 7/24/2017 at 0:32 PM, AtheK said:

But why Tommy, it's just rebranded watches AFAIK. You are in US get a real watchmaker watch, they go for some kick a*s prices. 

Yes, TH watches are absolutely horrible quality. I have one and don't wear it any longer. They look good from the surface and that's wear it ends. I would much rather wear a Seiko or a Citizen.

• 1 month later...

Hi All, Need one help regarding My Moto 360 1st Gen SmartWatch.

The other side of the Black Stainless strap has come out from the main dialler when I took a dive while playing cricket. How to Fix this ?

Any good watch repair shop in Bangalore.. I mean who knows how to put the stainless strap back with some minor tweaking.

Problem is no watch repairer knows how to do it when I searched near my area, When they seeing smartwatch they are saying it is not their department. Even if I buy a new steel strap black for my watch online which is bit difficult to get, Who will fix that?