The Watch Thread

akashkhannabond007

After some more research, came across this one-> Citizen BM8180-03E
Stellar reviews all around, and won't have to worry about correcting the time every week, as it is with the mechanical watches.

Only problem is availability. Doesn't seem to be available with any reputed seller in India, and import from Amazon is coming to about 18k after shipping & customs. [emoji20]
Even creation watches doesn't have it.

Look into Reddit sales section, you can ask seller for international shipping, might get thru without customs if you're lucky.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watchexchange?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

Eco drive is excellent. I wouldnt pay 18k for it though. Not for a Quartz watch. :P 

If you are ok with Quartz, look at Seiko Kinetic too. Beautiful watches. Probably around 15k Amazon import I think.

Or look at Orient Ray/Mako? I dont know if you are into the whole "Diving" aesthetic though. I always found it clunky looking.

I know.. mechanicals are more 'respectable'.. but there are way too many Seiko reviews in Amazon mentioning they need to adjust time almost every other day. That is kinda putting me off the whole thing. I will be wearing the watch 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week. Meaning, I'll probably need to adjust time after every weekend at the very least.

Kinetics are also Quartz right? Except the battery is 'fed' by motion?

As for the Orient Mako, looking for sub 40 mm watches due to my bitch-size wrists.

39 minutes ago, otaku.u said:

Look into Reddit sales section, you can ask seller for international shipping, might get thru without customs if you're lucky.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watchexchange?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Cool tip, thanks. Will check it out.

7 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

I know.. mechanicals are more 'respectable'.. but there are way too many Seiko reviews in Amazon mentioning they need to adjust time almost every other day. That is kinda putting me off the whole thing. I will be wearing the watch 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week. Meaning, I'll probably need to adjust time after every weekend at the very least.

Kinetics are also Quartz right? Except the battery is 'fed' by motion?

As for the Orient Mako, looking for sub 40 mm watches due to my bitch-size wrists.

Cool tip, thanks. Will check it out.

:lol:

Bruh it takes like 10 seconds. 

• 3 weeks later...
After a l-o-t of deliberation, ordered this one-> Seiko 5 Automatic SNK623
Liked the look of this the most, among others.

Chose the registered airmail option, let's see how it goes.
Does the site take custom charges while making the order? Because i am assuming it will attract custom charges while being imported to India.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Yeah I have never used that website either. Would love to hear feedback once you get it. 

And of course pics. [emoji14]

What site do you use for importing watches?

I recently bought my first homage watch from Aliexpress and it's been stuck with customs for more than a week now. This is my first high value purchase from Ali and as luck should have it it got stuck. Now I am very scared if they will release it and if they do how much customs would they charge.

Anyone has experience from ordering from Ali that could help me out.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

Does the site take custom charges while making the order? Because i am assuming it will attract custom charges while being imported to India.

Nope, not while placing order. But customs will likely apply during delivery.

They have a DHL and a Registered Airmail option. 

DHL will attract customs 100%, but faster delivery with better tracking.

And with registered airmail you 'may' escape customs, but delivery time will be longer. And I'm not sure what kind of tracking to expect from our postal service, I'll assume really shitty.

32 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

What site do you use for importing watches?

I recently bought my first homage watch from Aliexpress and it's been stuck with customs for more than a week now. This is my first high value purchase from Ali and as luck should have it it got stuck. Now I am very scared if they will release it and if they do how much customs would they charge.

Anyone has experience from ordering from Ali that could help me out.

What delivery option you have chosen?

I have bought maybe 3-4 things from AliExpress till date.

Highest one was around 11k, paid 3k customs, because the seller had put a far lower price in the invoice. Delivery was via Fedex, who charged 500-600 extra for clearing customs on my behalf.

Rest were all in the 300-600 range, and delivered by post, no customs charged.

1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

Yeah I have never used that website either. Would love to hear feedback once you get it. 

And of course pics. :P

Sure! I'll be the Guineapig ?

I was *this* close to getting the BM8180, but shipping+customs came to around 70% of the selling price. Couldn't bring myself to do it.

Will have to keep an eye out for any kind soul returning from us/uk ?

What delivery option you have chosen?

I have bought maybe 3-4 things from AliExpress till date.
Highest one was around 11k, paid 3k customs, because the seller had put a far lower price in the invoice. Delivery was via Fedex, who charged 500-600 extra for clearing customs on my behalf.

Rest were all in the 300-600 range, and delivered by post, no customs charged.

I have selected Aliexpress standard shipping which is through Singapore Post and is delivered by speed post in India. I know the seller has undervalued the item but do not know exactly how much. Me thinking watch is a small item customs will not bother much but I guess I was wrong.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

I have selected Aliexpress standard shipping which is through Singapore Post and is delivered by speed post in India. I know the seller has undervalued the item but do not know exactly how much. Me thinking watch is a small item customs will not bother much but I guess I was wrong.

You might just get lucky. 

Hey guys, looking to buy a new watch by the end of the year or during any upcoming sale. Im not a watch nerd, just need something decent that does the job and looks good. Black.

Had a look on ethos, and I have my eye on 1. Casio's Enticer 2. Skagen Jorn These are the only two that fit my budget. 

I kinda like the Black version of the Casio Enticer, but I also see different variations now on Amazon (priced lower). What should I be doing?

5 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Hey guys, looking to buy a new watch by the end of the year or during any upcoming sale. Im not a watch nerd, just need something decent that does the job and looks good. Black.

Had a look on ethos, and I have my eye on 1. Casio's Enticer 2. Skagen Jorn These are the only two that fit my budget. 

I kinda like the Black version of the Casio Enticer, but I also see different variations now on Amazon (priced lower). What should I be doing?

Casio watches are pretty solid, in my experience. Dunno about Skagen.

I have a Casio Enticer running for about 4-5 years now. Have only had to change the battery a couple times.

At the end of the day, buy what you like the most. There are just too many options to get a single, "best of all" opinion.

On 11/30/2019 at 1:33 PM, quixote_1989 said:

After a l-o-t of deliberation, ordered this one-> Seiko 5 Automatic SNK623

Liked the look of this the most, among others.

Chose the registered airmail option, let's see how it goes.

Shipped via Singapore post today. The wait begins.

11 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Casio watches are pretty solid, in my experience. Dunno about Skagen.

I have a Casio Enticer running for about 4-5 years now. Have only had to change the battery a couple times.

At the end of the day, buy what you like the most. There are just too many options to get a single, "best of all" opinion.

I like the looks of the Casio Enticer. But also I see 2-3 variants, even in the black colour. Ethos has a variant for 2700/-, but Amazon has two more for around 2200/-.

Is it safe to buy a watch from Amazon, I buy plenty of stuff from Amazon but I guess duplicate watches go around?

Also in your opinion this is the best watch in this 3k price range? Or are there any alternatives worth considering? 

22 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I like the looks of the Casio Enticer. But also I see 2-3 variants, even in the black colour. Ethos has a variant for 2700/-, but Amazon has two more for around 2200/-.

Is it safe to buy a watch from Amazon, I buy plenty of stuff from Amazon but I guess duplicate watches go around?

Also in your opinion this is the best watch in this 3k price range? Or are there any alternatives worth considering? 

You should be able to verify the watch you receive by registering it.

And I would suggest Casio or Timex.