The Watch Thread

akashkhannabond007

So a small update to my story of importing a mechanical watch from Ali. (Rolex homage) My watch has been stuck with customs for more than two weeks now and I finally have received a show cause notice from them.

Its very scary to receive a legal notice like that especially for the fact that this is my first high value item that I have ever imported. Really worried on what do right now. Anyone else have had prior experience with this?

A super huge shout out to@Black_Hawk who has been so amazingly helpful in helping me with every single step of shipping, his amazing collection of watches that he posted on this thread was the prime reason for me to decide to get my first ever mechanical watch but looks like luck hasn't favoured me much [emoji17]. He has been painstakingly helping me draft a reply for customs notice.

I really hope i get my watch soon.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

So a small update to my story of importing a mechanical watch from Ali. (Rolex homage) My watch has been stuck with customs for more than two weeks now and I finally have received a show cause notice from them.

Its very scary to receive a legal notice like that especially for the fact that this is my first high value item that I have ever imported. Really worried on what do right now. Anyone else have had prior experience with this?

A super huge shout out to@Black_Hawk who has been so amazingly helpful in helping me with every single step of shipping, his amazing collection of watches that he posted on this thread was the prime reason for me to decide to get my first ever mechanical watch but looks like luck hasn't favoured me much emoji17.png. He has been painstakingly helping me draft a reply for customs notice.

I really hope i get my watch soon.

What does the notice say.. 

Can't u just pay them customs and release it?
I was actually expecting the shipment to have customs charged and was mentally prepared for it, problem is this show cause notice means that they won't release it till I show cause to them.

42d3c14d55af47ff416ffe4e299526f2.jpg

Can't u just pay them customs and release it?
I was actually expecting the shipment to have customs charged and was mentally prepared for it, problem is this show cause notice means that they won't release it till I show cause to them.

42d3c14d55af47ff416ffe4e299526f2.jpg

Hmm these guys are tightening the screws on Aliexpress stuff too. Best is to write back saying that xyz was amount paid for goods, and gift was probably a mistake from seller side. You can then pay the customs.

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

Hmm these guys are tightening the screws on Aliexpress stuff too. Best is to write back saying that xyz was amount paid for goods, and gift was probably a mistake from seller side. You can then pay the customs.

What's strange is that they say that the declared value is 0, when that's just not possible, I know for a fact that the seller undervalued the item but did not mark it 0 because even he is not that stupid.

You think I should email them or send a written letter?

2 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

What's strange is that they say that the declared value is 0, when that's just not possible, I know for a fact that the seller undervalued the item but did not mark it 0 because even he is not that stupid.

You think I should email them or send a written letter?

I think email should do. 

It says you have 10 days to do it so i would say to go directly to the customs/post office with a written letter. 

Didn't knew customs were capable of such thorough investigation.

If the watch isn't expensive i wouldn't go through the trouble. Pretty sure if they are not satisfied with the documents, they will charge a hefty fine for undervaluing and stuff.

I think email should do. 

Thanks, will send them an email with all the details.

It says you have 10 days to do it so i would say to go directly to the customs/post office with a written letter. 
If the watch isn't expensive i wouldn't go through the trouble. Pretty sure if they are not satisfied with the documents, they will charge a hefty fine for undervaluing and stuff.

Problem is that their office is very very far away from me and it's not possible for me to go there especially on weekdays as they are closed on Saturday and Sunday. That's why thinking of writing an email instead. But I don't even know if they actually read emails or not.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

I think email should do. 

Thanks, will send them an email with all the details.

Problem is that their office is very very far away from me and it's not possible for me to go there especially on weekdays as they are closed on Saturday and Sunday. That's why thinking of writing an email instead. But I don't even know if they actually read emails or not.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

While I'm waiting for the Seiko 5 to arrive, got this from Amazon

zuvekYXzQ1yOhuOrgorrwuJnD-0Me27B-0YANQzq

Not exactly appropriate for my wrist size. But then, nothing really is.

Congratulations my friend! It looks very easy on the eyes and that dial is particularly calming. Wear it in good health and enjoy it. :)

Hope your Seiko arrives soon!

24 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Congratulations my friend! It looks very easy on the eyes and that dial is particularly calming. Wear it in good health and enjoy it. :)

Hope your Seiko arrives soon!

Thank you :bow:

I kinda gave up on the BM8180 hopes, and settled for this.. since I have wanted an Eco-Drive ever since I've been reading about them.

The Seiko has been dispatched from Chennai post office to Bangalore, as per the tracker. So, hopefully, at the home stretch now.

Thank you for all your tremendous contributions in this thread. Hope to see more in the coming days.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 12:18 AM, quixote_1989 said:

Thank you :bow:

I kinda gave up on the BM8180 hopes, and settled for this.. since I have wanted an Eco-Drive ever since I've been reading about them.

The Seiko has been dispatched from Chennai post office to Bangalore, as per the tracker. So, hopefully, at the home stretch now.

Thank you for all your tremendous contributions in this thread. Hope to see more in the coming days.

Thank-you my friend for your kind words, really appreciate it :)

It's great to know that your Seiko is on it's way to Bangalore. Hoping it clears Customs soon and makes it way to you so you can enjoy wearing it.