The Watch Thread

akashkhannabond007

On 12/17/2019 at 12:18 AM, quixote_1989 said:

The Seiko has been dispatched from Chennai post office to Bangalore, as per the tracker. So, hopefully, at the home stretch now.

Well, I may have spoken too soon. The last status update I got for this was 13th Dec, which said dispatched from Chennai towards Bangalore.

Been 10 days since then, with zero updates. I was not expecting to have it in my hands by now, but I certainly hoped that it would reach BLR customs at least.

[mention=2437]i_rock098[/mention]
How are you faring with your customs trouble?
Really poorly so far, I have already replied to their show cause notice in an email and have sent them all the documents that they had asked for. It's been more than a week since then and yet no reply from them or any movement on my package.

I have also sent them a speed post today of the same reply that I emailed them with the same docs. I am just praying they read that and release my watch but honestly I am starting to loose hope now [emoji22]

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

Really poorly so far, I have already replied to their show cause notice in an email and have sent them all the documents that they had asked for. It's been more than a week since then and yet no reply from them or any movement on my package.

I have also sent them a speed post today of the same reply that I emailed them with the same docs. I am just praying they read that and release my watch but honestly I am starting to loose hope now emoji22.png

Don't lose hope yet. Maybe they are just slow in responding, which would be expected from them.

Edited by quixote_1989

On 12/23/2019 at 6:49 PM, quixote_1989 said:

Well, I may have spoken too soon. The last status update I got for this was 13th Dec, which said dispatched from Chennai towards Bangalore.

Been 10 days since then, with zero updates. I was not expecting to have it in my hands by now, but I certainly hoped that it would reach BLR customs at least.

I got too hasty. Received it today.

And..... No customs duty @Aftrunner

Registered airmail paid off ?

I finally have a Seiko ♥️

vXSFZg4iAsghQ5qO09kuAAqYqM688oxImgq30b8S

• Like 2

I got too hasty. Received it today.

And..... No customs duty [mention=377]Aftrunner[/mention]
Registered airmail paid off [emoji16]

I finally have a Seiko [emoji3531]
vXSFZg4iAsghQ5qO09kuAAqYqM688oxImgq30b8S__0ZD9LF9ztkFbErHNwFdoZUg42hW5w7AvU_BbMworJk1VEwVro58skAGZ8KlUmBZZgH-O6xLXIK4XSnZMrGOWPLs5RTJnPzbt7PqdDDKPctib986iFcA_sg_-E0QKb-o5wnR_fg5T7WE94wB9Ls7bHnqllhwRGN2cR8va1dMnLhiT7aLvpGzq6W70tQkBmo-IV3FjHphhRSaC-OxpwkoH9a4nW1TA5hMRbnSkNXxF355Kki-MgzcGM-4kOejEbe-FUdwlk9MHrT4u-4tHGQRNx4aGAHVE80M3nU_g4sfyG0sHPt8oBN6n8dboJNax461W5hUKTl5HZatsIznOBMIkBmlc88ekv0unavzhxnaoiLMx0v6a_6JI39eMRrha_YbJqIhAVdtKak5cbd5ygwFmXgpRhgZhFTKSiw4liBe6_fmNxIDZPsrGVOoAvgGhVl3RagMlpcC6KhFDHFfvr1F9_FVwnDW0LrLbiE-dW4VjHxxP-vCVe2qrv0Ar146Hb4GjQP-o1RpMlaMNV6WLe_MEa6tGBMfvob7winHGVfgtwOU1ampbvVw53hXRfhN0JHV2nLwqwp-wuuClwyp1pzM9VnhmhdPdGSIjC6vboYfJh79foCuV8RS8vICItRioM=w1442-h1320-no

The image link seems broken for me, post another link of that beauty [emoji7]

Also it came by India post?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Looks beautiful, which movement is inside it? NH35A?

Also how much did it cost?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Movement is 7S26, the standard in the Seiko 5 cheap end. Cost was 69 USD.

Wanted a sub-40 mm watch, preferably with numbers on the dial. This one grabbed my attention the most, particularly because of the the full size day window.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Namesake. 

xJBqYPy.jpg

Of all the watches I own, this ugly piece of sh*t is the one I end up wearing the most. It never stops being cool that there is a watch with my name on it. Even its retro ugliness has become a sort of an acquired taste in aesthetics. :P 

Figured this thread could use a bump. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

That is cool. How do you read/set the date and time? Is it whatever you see at the 12 o clock position? 

Thank-you! :)

If you notice there are 2 additional crowns on the RHS of the dial. The upper crown is connected to the first inner DAY bezel and the lower crown to the second inner DATE bezel. Both bezels rotate as you turn the crown. They are independent of each other. Like the rotatable inner bezels in an Orient Calendar watch or a Citizen Nighthawk. You have to manually rotate them to get the day and date in sync.

DSCF7762.jpg

Edited by Black_Hawk