3063eb9f3319c609cd6852edc4916093.jpg
Orange Samurai on crafterblue rubber

b4764a559a345f62300f396a763436e1.jpg
Factory bracelet

e4e1489d8fd028341f2cadbe44003c62.jpg
SNK803 on an army green canvas

28d070513957de4e36fce16bc6de2ff6.jpg
Full metal g shock “Blingmaster”

Those are a few in my collection . Got a drop exclusive bronze Glycine combat sub on the way (freakin taking ages due to corona [emoji2959])

• Like 2

anyone using a seiko Automatic, how are the watchess, planning to get this.

https://www.ethoswatches.com/product-seiko-5-sports-srpd83k1.html

14541324-y0c95ap0xj7teiultzodbgdh-Zoom.jpg

Is it your first auto? The 5KX are pretty good although somewhat overpriced. They don’t have a screw down crown and are not ISO rated like the SKX they replaced. If you can stretch your budget a bit I would suggest looking at a Turtle or a Samurai.

Here is my 5KX

3aac41c7535cc472521ac4bc74aa5548.jpg

• Thanks 1

Anyone into making watches? Aliexpress shipping is f**ked and I am wondering if there is any similar alternative to ordering parts? Dial, crystal, case, strap etc. 

Just for fun or are you looking into creating a micro brand? If it is for fun/repair, spares can be sourced from your local watch repair guy. Have a look at Namokimods dot com if you’re looking to mod your Seiko

59 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Is it your first auto? The 5KX are pretty good although somewhat overpriced. They don’t have a screw down crown and are not ISO rated like the SKX they replaced. If you can stretch your budget a bit I would suggest looking at a Turtle or a Samurai.

Here is my 5KX

I had a mont blanc, which i ended up losing in one of the trips. Now i want a cheaper one, i will buy a Rado heart next year, this i want to pick for more casual wearing. I can stretch the budget, but i don't wanna go overboard as it's the rado heart i will pick soon.

r27100112_b.jpg

Edited by AtheK

18 minutes ago, AtheK said:

I had a mont blanc, which i ended up losing in one of the trips. Now i want a cheaper one, i will buy a Rado heart next year, this i want to pick for more casual wearing. I can stretch the budget, but i don't wanna go overboard as it's the rado heart i will pick soon.

r27100112_b.jpg

As always, went ahead and looked up the price. Did not disappoint.

24 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Ah, then it’s a solid option. I have no complaints about my 5KX so far although typical Seiko QC issues like bezel and chapter ring alignment might come in to play. So the best bet would be to visit your local AD and inspect the piece before purchasing it.

If you’re buying online, Seiko has recently started selling watches on their website. They have the best catalog with pieces you don’t see on Amazon, Ethos or other etailers. They just recently released the bezel-less version of 5KX on 40mm cases which is perfect if you have chicken wrists like me.

That Rado is a beautiful piece and I would also suggest their Captain Cook model if you’re not dead set on a skeleton watch.

Anyone into microbrands? I made the first instalment for a Borealis Cascais and am waiting for the Zelos swordfish titanium to drop this month. Definitely best bang for buck comes from micros if you don’t count Ali express specials. Anyone else have experiences with micros?

0fe0d4d3c0c888ee28ac15a796d89ba0.jpg

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

As always, went ahead and looked up the price. Did not disappoint.

In a good way or bad way?

1 hour ago, Nikushimi said:

Ah, then it’s a solid option. I have no complaints about my 5KX so far although typical Seiko QC issues like bezel and chapter ring alignment might come in to play. So the best bet would be to visit your local AD and inspect the piece before purchasing it.

If you’re buying online, Seiko has recently started selling watches on their website. They have the best catalog with pieces you don’t see on Amazon, Ethos or other etailers. They just recently released the bezel-less version of 5KX on 40mm cases which is perfect if you have chicken wrists like me.

That Rado is a beautiful piece and I would also suggest their Captain Cook model if you’re not dead set on a skeleton watch.

Ya 40 mm sound like about perfect, No mood to go to a shop right now, you already know why. This one is 43 mm though and is going for 18200 on amazon, and with 10% discount round the corner, should be able to get it below 17K, i think that is a very good price. As for rado, my heart is set on the True Heart or a Centrix heart, the skelton is the main reason i am drawn to it. That looks so brilliant while on your wrists :D

Edited by AtheK

The 5KX do wear smaller than their 43mm size suggests. I have a 6.25 inch wrist and I have no problem pulling off my 5KX. 17k is not a bad price. I bought mine for 16.5k back in Jan.

Btw your 5KX would look sexy on a fitted rubber strap from crafterblue. They are damn expensive though at about 50% of the price of the watch.

Edited by Nikushimi
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
The 5KX do wear smaller than their 43mm size suggests. I have a 6.25 inch wrist and I have no problem pulling off my 5KX. 17k is not a bad price. I bought mine for 16.5k back in Jan.

Btw your 5KX would look sexy on a fitted rubber strap from crafterblue. They are damn expensive though at about 50% of the price of the watch.
Finally ended up getting this..

7eac110f4d4ea43d480bb98074747634.jpg56779e1e7d5083538356bd1b9bddda83.jpg4d56412cf76648267a433449e113e312.jpg096a6a437ebb594055afb0e1bd4e06b3.jpg

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Looks good, how do you like it? Let us know what type of accuracy are you getting.

I am not the best judge, as I will probably wear it once in two weeks, or else other watches will feel bad :p

I will have to end up setting it up everytime :lol:

I am not the best judge, as I will probably wear it once in two weeks, or else other watches will feel bad :P

I will have to end up setting it up everytime :lol:

Yeah that’s par for the course once your collection starts growing. I track the accuracy for about a week just to make sure I didn’t get a lemon. Winding your watch and setting the time is part of the charm as mechanical pieces require more involvement from the wearer.
  • Like 1