The Watch Thread

akashkhannabond007

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Finally added a perpetual calendar solar powered watch in my collection.

Was torn between blue and black hue, finally decided to go with black as it is a much more universal wear. 0807f761643009bf350672070438c7a9.jpg4cfc40f09dc6f2d48f853084a4d68696.jpg06aeaa6f0aec1093c8fc86119e1cafc6.jpg

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Couldn't pass up on a great deal I chanced upon for a 16610 from 2010.

Mint condition with box and papers.

Its on a nato strap right now, but I have the original oyster bracelet as well. 

xlH6Fee.jpgqAIb5lU.jpg

• Like 7

xlH6Fee.jpgqAIb5lU.jpg
Looking good on that nato. You got the Oyster bracelet along with it because that is where it truly shines.

13 hours ago, SuperT said:

Looking good on that nato. You got the Oyster bracelet along with it because that is where it truly shines.

Yeah, have the oyster bracelet as well.

6 minutes ago, Cash said:

These are going for way above retail now. Mind asking how much you got it for? Since am also gunning for one

Will message you. Got it for far below current market rates.

Do note that this is the last batch of the pre ceramic models, which are slightly lower priced than the ceramic bezel models.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 11:33 PM, argruid said:

xlH6Fee.jpgqAIb5lU.jpg

Where did you buy it from? Watch dealer or direct contact? Asking because I'm looking to buy Zenith DEFY.

42 minutes ago, sumanth said:

Where did you buy it from? Watch dealer or direct contact? Asking because I'm looking to buy Zenith DEFY.

Bought it directly from the first owner. 

I've seen a couple of Zenith Defy watches for sale on https://www.secondtimezone.com/  in the past, but none available at the moment.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/31/2022 at 8:23 PM, hazard12345 said:

YooQOXr.jpg

Bringing this thread back to life.

Noiiiice!

Almost ended up getting the Tissot TRace last weekend...wifey wanted to gift it...but didnt feel right spending almost 50K on a quartz watch though it looked really nice (the all Black one).

Guys, whats the best site to get AA copies of AP, PP watches in India or USA? or Locally in Hyd. 

13 minutes ago, amigoatul said:

Noiiiice!

Almost ended up getting the Tissot TRace last weekend...wifey wanted to gift it...but didnt feel right spending almost 50K on a quartz watch though it looked really nice (the all Black one).

Guys, whats the best site to get AA copies of AP, PP watches in India or USA? or Locally in Hyd. 

Looks is all that matters to me and the quality whether quartz, mechanical, automatic is backed by the heritage of the brand.

• 1 month later...

I have been a watch fan for a while, but coz of the smart watches I kinda got drifted away and at one point stopped wearing the ones I had. But recently I kinda got back to watch drooling again. And came across the Seiko 5 Sport GMT, the orange version SSK005. I had decided that I would get this at some point in near future.

So last week we were out shopping and decided to check out the Seiko, just to have a look and try it on. I tried the watch on but somehow I wasn't as fascinated by the watch as I thought I would be. Next to it was a Seiko SRPD model with a full black dial and a really nice black rubber strap on. First I dint think much of it, as I dint really have it in my wish list. Then I tried it on and loved it. It looked so good and comfortable, the full black dial and case and the rubber strap kinda brought everything together for me. It felt and looked too good to pass out on. Well then we were at the counter for it to be billed.

Watches, Books and stationary stores always made me feel like a little child and could spent quite a bit of time in there, even if I did not buy anything. So when I was waiting at the billing counter, I glanced across the store and saw the Tissot section. Tissot watches have had my respect for a while, but never really bought one. Have never bought a watch in their price range before. I am a fan of the Tissot Carson but never really found one in store to try it on in person. Thought maybe I will try my luck here, but they dint have it either. I was just scanning at the other Tissot models when I saw the PRX models. I had seen it just once online, featured in a watch collection video. 

I requested to have a look at it, tried on the PRX Powermatic 80 version with the Black Waffle design dial. And thats it! I wanted it. I dint really think I would actually like it as much but it looked so classy and subtle and went well with my casual jean/T-Shirt attire too. It felt like it was a do it all watch. The price tag wasn't something I was prepared to spend that day, in fact I wasn't there to buy a watch at all but then I liked two.

Seiko SRPD in its full black avatar was must have but this Tissot PRX felt like an instant fit and I dint wanna let it go. I tried the Quartz version of the PRX, which was close to the Seiko price tag but then if I was buying a Tissot then I had to get an Automatic one. Spent some time thinking about the price and then I gave in.

I finally bought my first Tissot. PRX was never my choice before I actually tried it on and now I am wearing it daily. The case design and that metal strap design of it gives it a sporty look too and thats what makes it feel like a go anywhere watch. Sharing a few shots of it.

IMG-8958.jpg

IMG-8952.jpg

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Harish Sangwan said:

I have been a watch fan for a while, but coz of the smart watches I kinda got drifted away and at one point stopped wearing the ones I had. But recently I kinda got back to watch drooling again. And came across the Seiko 5 Sport GMT, the orange version SSK005. I had decided that I would get this at some point in near future.

So last week we were out shopping and decided to check out the Seiko, just to have a look and try it on. I tried the watch on but somehow I wasn't as fascinated by the watch as I thought I would be. Next to it was a Seiko SRPD model with a full black dial and a really nice black rubber strap on. First I dint think much of it, as I dint really have it in my wish list. Then I tried it on and loved it. It looked so good and comfortable, the full black dial and case and the rubber strap kinda brought everything together for me. It felt and looked too good to pass out on. Well then we were at the counter for it to be billed.

Watches, Books and stationary stores always made me feel like a little child and could spent quite a bit of time in there, even if I did not buy anything. So when I was waiting at the billing counter, I glanced across the store and saw the Tissot section. Tissot watches have had my respect for a while, but never really bought one. Have never bought a watch in their price range before. I am a fan of the Tissot Carson but never really found one in store to try it on in person. Thought maybe I will try my luck here, but they dint have it either. I was just scanning at the other Tissot models when I saw the PRX models. I had seen it just once online, featured in a watch collection video. 

I requested to have a look at it, tried on the PRX Powermatic 80 version with the Black Waffle design dial. And thats it! I wanted it. I dint really think I would actually like it as much but it looked so classy and subtle and went well with my casual jean/T-Shirt attire too. It felt like it was a do it all watch. The price tag wasn't something I was prepared to spend that day, in fact I wasn't there to buy a watch at all but then I liked two.

Seiko SRPD in its full black avatar was must have but this Tissot PRX felt like an instant fit and I dint wanna let it go. I tried the Quartz version of the PRX, which was close to the Seiko price tag but then if I was buying a Tissot then I had to get an Automatic one. Spent some time thinking about the price and then I gave in.

I finally bought my first Tissot. PRX was never my choice before I actually tried it on and now I am wearing it daily. The case design and that metal strap design of it gives it a sporty look too and thats what makes it feel like a go anywhere watch. Sharing a few shots of it.

IMG-8958.jpg

IMG-8952.jpg

The PRX is a brilliant vfm watch. Love the textured dial. 

25 minutes ago, SuperT said:

The PRX is a brilliant vfm watch. Love the textured dial. 

I do not qualify to judge the price but the price does seem competitive. Specially it's quartz variant.

But I still have myself thinking of the Seiko SRPD full black I mentioned. Hopefully the store has it in stock when I visit them again.